• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Dimensions
  3. Best Disposable Build?

User Info: StyrixA

StyrixA
8 months ago#1
I have a set plan for my final party, from the Light side it has a Memorist with Final Heaven and Hastega, a 2nd Memorist with Mighty Wall and Final Heaven, then a dual-casting White Mage or Seer (undecided, still working on Red). From Dark side it has an Alchemist Ranger/Ninja and a Phantom Rush Ninja.

What should I make my 4th character on the light side, Dusk? He won’t be in the final party regardless, so he only needs to make it ‘till chapter 4. So what are the most helpful/fun/complimentary builds for a throw-away 4th light Character?

On the Dark side I’ll have 2 throw-away characters, one who is slated to be the White Mage until chapter 4, but the other, Alba, could be anything. Ideas?

StyrixA
8 months ago#2
I’m thinking of making both throwaways Summoners at first just because Sylph is so powerful in the beginning. I may switch them to whatever isn’t being used by the others later, just to always be able to use the best equipment. For example, there will likely be a time when I have a Bard, Red Mage, and Monk, so having the throw away character able to wear heavy armor would be the plan.

Similar on Dark side. Other than a short dip into Dark Knight for Backliner, I don’t have a lot of need later for heavy armor.

StyrixA
7 months ago#3
So I had my two Dark extra characters become White and Black Mages, respectively. They're actually making the levels fly by. But White Mage ends up being pretty useless outside of Boss-battles. It's easier to just have her be a Summoner or Black Mage against regular battles, then switch to White Mage for bosses. Additionally, because you retain your MP when you job switch, limited by the class's maximum, it's really easy to just play a Black Mage/Summoner/Red Mage/Bard for combat, then switch to White Mage for healing outside of combat, and then switch back to Black Mage before the next battle.

That said, I tried a Dragon-Breath Summoner for a while. I figured Dragon Breath 1-6 (Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, and Healing) was equivalent in power to the -ra spells, but I thought it would be much quicker to get Dragoon 6 than Black Mage 7 and White Mage 7. The problem is that the damage breaths are ALWAYS divided damage, so they do a lot less than the -ra spells to single targets.

I did use the dragon breaths to breath life (ha!) into my Bard grind, but that's another story.

I still don't have a perfect idea for my light-side extra-character.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Dimensions
  3. Best Disposable Build?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers