• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Dimensions
  3. Suggestions for Very First Job Assignments

User Info: oldguy2

oldguy2
8 months ago#1
I just got to the point of receiving job assignment possibilities.
Looking at prior posts on jobs, they all have recommendations for jobs that are currently not available. They also talk about light and dark jobs, which is apparently not yet applicable.
I have these four Jobless team members and would like ideas for their new jobs:
.....Sol 9, Sarah 10, Agis 11, Dusk 12.
Available jobs are the same for everyone:
.....Warrior, Monk, Thief, Red Mage, White Mage, Black Mage, Summoner
Suggestions?..?
He's got the whole world in His hands: earth, wind, fire, water, and time.

oldguy2
8 months ago#2
No answer, so i went with:
..Sol Monk
..Sarah Red Mage
..Aigis Warrior
..Dusk White Mage
Monk seems really weak with no weapon available. In some games, monk attack becomes strongest with bare hands. When claw is available, should i keep him bare hands or a claw in each hand?
Also, looks like i have to purchase black and white spells. I guess that means i dont automatically learn them as i level up.

oldguy2
8 months ago#3
Oops, apparantly in this game, monk cannot equip a weapon in each hand.

User Info: StyrixA

StyrixA
8 months ago#4
Level 3 Red Mage grants a passive ability of bonus HP, which is really helpful. Also, Red Mage maxed is helpful at the end game, but grinding them is a pain as in late-game they're under-powered. For that reason I recomend playing Red Mages, and not White or Black, at the beginning, to get bonus HP and some of the grind out of the way. And at the beginning, Red Mages are very powerful, as MP is limted, and healing with Red Mage attacking is great. Red Mages can also learn a nice fusion, Magic Bomb, by themselves.

Level 3 thief ability Battle Orders is handy for surprises, as it switches all your character's rows at once in battle.

Level 1 Warrior gets you Battle Arts with Strike, which is a really nice low-MP ability anyone can benefit from, including thieves and mages with bows. And Strike and Lightning get you Thunder-slash, a nice fusion.

With that in mind, I'd recomend grabbing 1 level in Warrior for everyone, 3 levels in Red for everyone, and 3 levels in Thief for 1 character. Everything else is gravy.

Remember, the first 3 levels don't cost the limited resource of Job Level Points, so have fun with those first 3 levels.

oldguy2
8 months ago#5
Thanks StyrixA for the suggestions.
All my team now has Warrior at Level 2 and Red Mage at Level 1 or 2 on the way to Level 3.

oldguy2
8 months ago#6
Now in Chapter 2 at Deist with:
..Sol Lv 21 Monk JL 5, + Warrior JL 2, Red Mage JL 3
..Sarah Lv 22 Red Mage JL 4, + Warrior JL 2
..Aigis Lv 22 Warrior JL 5, + Red Mage JL 3
..Dusk Lv 22 Red Mage JL 4, + Warrior JL 2, Thief JL 3, White Mage JL 3
Enjoying the game, but there are almost too many options on how to progress the team members and I don’t care for the SLOW job advance for Red Mages.

StyrixA
8 months ago#7
Yes, slow Red Mage makes it annoying, but the payoff is awesome. I wouldn't raise more than one character past Red3 on each team. Also, for the one doing Red Wiz, I wouldn't combine it with anything else. Keep that character focused.

For reference, here's my planned build:
Sol Red 3, Monk 20, Bard 14, Dragoon 6, Memorist?
Sarah Red 20, Black 20, Seer+
Aigis Red 3, Warrior 15, Dragoon 6, Paladin 7, Monk 20, Memorist?
Dusk Red 3, Thief 20, something else (I'm doing Thief, because I want rare drops, and I'm tracking if anything is worth stealing. I don't recommend it.)

Nacht Red Mage 3, Monk 17, Dancer 20, Ninja...
Glaive Red 3, Warrior 13, Ranger 20, Ninja...
Diana Red Mage 20, Summoner 20, Magus
Alba Red 3, Thief 20, something else

oldguy2
8 months ago#8
I just realized that I had finished this game 7 years ago on my old iPad at time 99:59 with much different sets of jobs than I am building this time.
Some of the locations and battles started seeming familiar, then I saw an image I had posted in 2012, so I looked back at my old iPad and there it was.
I will probably continue playing this time.
I am also going to post some additional images along the way.
I am wondering if enemies level up with my team members or if they are just stronger in each new area.

StyrixA
8 months ago#9
Monsters just get stronger with each new area. This means that grinding can ruin the fun if done too much. Like with many classic RPGs, grinding for the fun ABP also means grinding for the less fun XP. I wish there was a better way. If you DO want to grind for ABP, keep in mind that the ABP:XP ratio is usually better earlier on. That said, grinding shouldn't be necessary.

Btw, I'm playing through my third time, and may have different plans than what I outlined. I am ditching Red Mage 3 with everyone (except my Light side Red 20), because I just didn't need it later on, and only my mages really needed the extra HP, while I focused on damage for my other characters. Eventually mages in general just aren't that useful, and you only need one white caster. This is good to know early on, so you only need to grind one character to Red 20, and that is on the light side.

Also, having just completed the game again, Battle Orders is over-rated, as is thief in general. I might still compile a steal/drop guide, but really there is no reason to go into thief, except for post-game grinding for unnecessary fangs and tails. And if you REALLY want to do that, just wait until the post game to grind thief, because ABP comes a lot faster then.

Early on summoner is super effective, especially Sylph. Later, you'll always want a White caster, so with Dark side, I'll just use a White Mage and no Red Mage past level 3 (for HP+ on said White Mage).

Something to also keep in mind, the game regularly gives out free upgrades to the major 3 armor levels, so having someone in your team able to use each of those. Note, this really only means you usually want to have someone able to wear heavy armor, as lots of classes can wear the lighter armors.

The four armor classes are, roughly:
Heavy Armor - Knights, Dragoons, Paladins, Memorists, and Dark Knights
Medium Armor - Monks, Thieves, Bards, Memorists, Rangers, Dancers, Ninjas
Light Armor - Red Mage, White Mage, Black Mage, Summoner, Bard, Memorist, Seer, Dancer, Magus
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Dimensions
  3. Suggestions for Very First Job Assignments
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers