So if this is the smartphone port of FF Legends: Hikari to Yami no Sensi...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Dimensions
  3. So if this is the smartphone port of FF Legends: Hikari to Yami no Sensi...

User Info: thefinaloracle

thefinaloracle
5 years ago#21
Guruda posted...
Think of them as a gambling Freelancer. They can equip almost everything but only have two abilities, Memorandum and Memories. The former is their action command and it causes them to use a random ability that the character has learned from another job. What really makes them powerful is Memories, a passive ability that lets them equip 'Memories' that you find in your travels. They come in three kinds (Tiny, Wonderful and Precious), can be assigned to any stat you like and serve to boost that stat. You collect them by returning to previous chapters and finding them in various locations.

I still don't see how that is all that useful though. So, they are kinda like berserkers then? I really can't see myself having a character be a Memorist seeing as I would not be able to choose what attack I want them to use. Too random for me, unless it manages to surprise me somehow.
College takes away all of your time to play videogames :'(
Official Archer dude of the Agito XIII Board

User Info: Guruda

Guruda
5 years ago#22
The ability to jack up your stats is basically what makes the class worthwhile. Other than that, it's kind of like Rinoa's magic berserker mode from VIII except that you can't game the system quite as easily. It's an interesting idea but yeah, it's not that great and you have to sink a lot of JP into it that could go to other classes if you want Memories to be available to equip on a more useful job.

User Info: SlimeStack

SlimeStack
5 years ago#23
Memorandum isn't the point of the Memorist at all. It's all about the Memories! I can see it being very powerful if you pump up speed, strength and stamina then equip Two-Handed Grip and your favourite skill set (I think Martial Arts for me), then take advantage of its wide equipment selection. You don't even need to spend JP to achieve this. Though you'll need to put down a whopping 17 JP and consume 3 ability slots to get Memories on another job, which I'm not sure is better or worse than simply using the Memorist.
PSN: Slime_Stack
Most anticipated game: Final Fantasy Dimensions

SlimeStack
5 years ago#24
Guruda, wanna help me with this?
http://www.777.zaq.jp/dokutake/finalfantasylegends/shoshin/topic_story.html

It explains the chapter format. There's a lot of text here so it's confusing me a bit, but I think it goes like this:

Dawn chapter -> Free scenarios -> Dusk chapter -> Final chapter

With free scenarios you can freely skip any of them, but the ones you do play must be done in order (Dragoon has to come before Knight for instance).

This would seemingly deny the ability to travel back to previous chapters.

User Info: Guruda

Guruda
5 years ago#25
It says that once you start one of the Light or Dark chapters you can't go back to Dawn (which kind of makes sense in geographical terms since both parties end that one in regions that don't appear to communicate with the area you explore in the Prologue/Dawn segment) and once you start the Dusk chapter you can't go back to the Light/Dark ones. In essence the game has three distinct segments that you have to go through in order with no going back. Part 1 is the Prologue and Dawn chapters, Part 2 is the Light and Dark chapters (optional but it notes that skipping this step would be a Bad Idea) and Part 3 is the Dusk and Final chapters.

You can replay the Light/Dark chapters and transfer data between them, although if I'm reading it correctly you have to complete the earlier chapter(s) in the sequence before you can transfer data to the later ones. So if I'm understanding correctly, after clearing, say, Dragoon, Bard and Memorist you could reopen the Dragoon chapter, go hunt for Memories and then save the game and they'd appear in your inventory (or be applied as the stat boosts) in the next chapter you play.

I'll be curious whether they reprogram some of the data transfer system to account for the fact that we're getting the entire package in one go. Like I said earlier, TranslatorTom is the best person to ask because he's played the game so he might be able to clarify the matter.

SlimeStack
5 years ago#26
So you can possibly revisit cleared light/dark episodes but you can't enter skipped ones? Interesting.

As for the format in this version... FFIV: The After Years on PSP retains the same format. The only difference is the Gathering and two final episodes all flow as one large chapter.

User Info: JustThrowMoney

JustThrowMoney
5 years ago#27
Wow, I had no clue that this game was coming out until right now, and it looks awesome so far! Can anyone give me the basic premise of the story for FF:D?
Proud to be EPic.
"Calculus!" --Dive, Divekick
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Dimensions
  3. So if this is the smartphone port of FF Legends: Hikari to Yami no Sensi...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived