• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. WWE '13
  3. Questions on the Wii Versions? Ask here.
Jason Hart Maivia 9 years ago#31
power2dacow007 posted...
is belt editor in the wii edition??

Nope
Praise Rainbow Mika
NNID: JasonMaivia ; Samurai Warriors 3 (Wii): 0346-6035-0276
ShadowLedAstray 9 years ago#32
I had a few questions for anyone who feels like answering:

1) I haven't bought a new wrestling game since Day of Reckoning 2, which I really enjoyed, so would this Wii version of WWE 13 be worth checking out? I'm not too concerned with lack of DLC or all the customization in the other console versions, but is the gameplay fun and does it run smoothly?

2) I've heard people had trouble with a certain table match in the Attitude Era mode... curious, can you still suplex (or powerbomb, etc) a person towards a table and have it register? Or is there some sort of glitch when it comes to the tables?

3) I saw a list of (I believe) 30 different belts that can be used in the game. Are all of these non-DLC belts still available in the Wii version? And can you set up your own series of matches and tournaments to win these belts (essentially creating your own challenges for winning championships)?

4) What brands are available? (wasn't sure if you could create new ones in Wii version; was hoping to have a WCW brand)

Thanks in advance!
Nice guys finish last, but atleast they don't get Blue-Shelled.
Jason Hart Maivia 9 years ago#33
I haven't bought a new wrestling game since Day of Reckoning 2, which I really enjoyed, so would this Wii version of WWE 13 be worth checking out?

I'd say that it's worth checking out, if it's your first time playing a newer WWE game. If you have an Xbox 360 or Playstation 3, buy it for those consoles instead. They have way more things to offer, since none of the new extra features were ever added to the Wii games since they started putting WWE games on the system. Also, the HD versions look a lot better and the titantrons aren't super pixelated.

I'm not too concerned with lack of DLC or all the customization in the other console versions, but is the gameplay fun and does it run smoothly?

It plays fine, but some things needs fine-tuning (which will never happen for Wii, since they've had 2 years now to do something about it). Any problems that can be patched, won't happen for Wii, since THQ and Yukes provides zero online support.

I've heard people had trouble with a certain table match in the Attitude Era mode... curious, can you still suplex (or powerbomb, etc) a person towards a table and have it register? Or is there some sort of glitch when it comes to the tables?

I've completed Attitude Era on Wii. The way I put someone through the table is to irish whip someone into a table or grapple and walk them over to it after it's been set up, then grapple them when they're leaning against it. Another way is, while holding the table, press the "a" button (on classic controller), which will have the table set up for you. After that, just grapple them to do a move through it.
When the game asks you to put them through a table, be sure to read if it's a normal table or the announcer's table.
Praise Rainbow Mika
Jason Hart Maivia 9 years ago#34
I saw a list of (I believe) 30 different belts that can be used in the game. Are all of these non-DLC belts still available in the Wii version?

The non-DLC belts are in, but there is no belt editor mode, so no creations or renaming.

And can you set up your own series of matches and tournaments to win these belts (essentially creating your own challenges for winning championships)?

Except for Story Mode, you don't really create your own show, but you can edit whatever the game automatically has set for you.
King of the Ring seems to only be available in exhibition matches, but you cannot set it for any championship. But, you can freely choose who your champions are. You can still hold your tournament, and whoever wins, you can give them whatever belt you have. There's no option to create tag team tournaments.

What brands are available? (wasn't sure if you could create new ones in Wii version; was hoping to have a WCW brand)

Well, there's Raw, Smackdown, Superstars, and NXT, but you can also use any logo from the many WWE/F and WCW PPVs, like Starrcade, Clash of the Champions, and Wrestlemania, plus a bunch of logos from AWA, Sunday Night Heat, Velocity, and many more. There's a lot of logos and arenas to choose from, but unfortunately, the arenas and matchup screens are only those of the WWE's shows and PPVs (with 10 orginals). ECW, AWA, and WCW arenas and matchup screens are not in.

That's where the originality ends. The HD versions allows you create your own look and feel of the ring, stage, banners, lighting, videos, and more, which are all completely absent in the Wii version.

It doesn't matter what brand you choose for your shows. If you chose the RAW arena with the WCW Nitro logo, you'll still hear banter from the commentary group as being on Raw. I don't understand why they removed the WCW arenas.

Brand logos for individual superstars are for Raw current and old, Smackdown current and old, NXT, WWE Legends, WCW, the WWE logo ("free agent"), ECW logo (WWE owned), FCW, and AWA.

-Another thing...Sin Cara doesn't have his lights when he wrestles.
-There are no instant replays.
-You cannot save replays.
-You cannot add custom videos and theme songs.
-No D-Throw (which allows you to turn in mid air to adjust the position of certain moves).
-Special effects for Signatures and Finishers aren't very noticable or you won't see them at all.
These are in the HD versions

-Again, any new fixes to the game's problems will only be done on the HD console versions.
-There's framerate and AI problems, but if it were to be fixed by Yukes and THQ in the near future...well, you know.
-The games are similar in price, but it doesn't make sense, since the WIi is missing almost all of the new features and game modes.

-The superstar creation mode is still the same old one from many years ago, while the HD version have a new one that allows you to edit created wrestlers' and in-game superstars' clothes. You can still visit old websites, like caws.ws , and look for Wii/PS2/PSP formulas for created wrestlers from old games, like Smackdown vs Raw 2010 and 2011, and they'll still work.

-The Commentary from Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler can only be heard in the Attitude Era mode. Jerry Lawley and Michael Cole is in for the rest of the game.
Praise Rainbow Mika
ShadowLedAstray 9 years ago#35
Thanks for the info. I'm still kinda undecided, but only because of the price tag. Seems kinda steep considering all it's lacking, as you mentioned above. I'll have to think it over; perhaps pick it up at a later date when I can find it for cheaper.
Nice guys finish last, but atleast they don't get Blue-Shelled.
kayoticdreamz 9 years ago#36
-The superstar creation mode is still the same old one from many years ago, while the HD version have a new one that allows you to edit created wrestlers' and in-game superstars' clothes. You can still visit old websites, like caws.ws , and look for Wii/PS2/PSP formulas for created wrestlers from old games, like Smackdown vs Raw 2010 and 2011, and they'll still work.

to be fair the HD versions of this are simply color changing. much like the "Create a belt" lets you change two colors on every belt yes a whole two colors. though being able to change the announcement name of the belt is cool so these two modes are underwhelming in many regards. also the HD CAW has been largely the same since 2010. so both versions have had this mdoe go untouched although i am sure the HD versions look better. granted on an imagination level making your own named title belt is nice but to call this create a belt is a complete lie that THQ told us.

-Special effects for Signatures and Finishers aren't very noticable or you won't see them at all.

i'd consider this a good thing. multiman match the screen starts shaking or doing something crazy thus ruining your ability to kick out because of an unrelated submission hold somewhere else. also the finisher effects are underwhelming. the sad part is if you turn them off you turn off camera angles and everything else too.

-The Commentary from Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler can only be heard in the Attitude Era mode. Jerry Lawley and Michael Cole is in for the rest of the game

Well, there's Raw, Smackdown, Superstars, and NXT, but you can also use any logo from the many WWE/F and WCW PPVs, like Starrcade, Clash of the Champions, and Wrestlemania, plus a bunch of logos from AWA, Sunday Night Heat, Velocity, and many more. There's a lot of logos and arenas to choose from, but unfortunately, the arenas and matchup screens are only those of the WWE's shows and PPVs (with 10 orginals). ECW, AWA, and WCW arenas and matchup screens are not in.

It doesn't matter what brand you choose for your shows. If you chose the RAW arena with the WCW Nitro logo, you'll still hear banter from the commentary group as being on Raw. I don't understand why they removed the WCW arenas.

also exactly like the HD versions
  1. Boards
  2. WWE '13
  3. Questions on the Wii Versions? Ask here.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How to throw mankind off the top of cell? Main Quest3 Answers
Create An Arena? General1 Answer
How do you create Roman Reigns? General1 Answer
How to create seth rollins finisher? Side Quest1 Answer
WWE 13 Wii? General4 Answers