• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Divinity: Original Sin
  3. just got this game and need help

User Info: SlyGamer1979

SlyGamer1979
1 year ago#1
my group is lvl 4 and i'm having trouble getting quests done since there is no map markers where to go and most places i go to have stuff above my level with twice the enemies vs my group.
so how do i really level up more to make this easier ?
i'm out of revive scrolls too since i didn't know they were going to be a rare item
PSN & Steam SlyFox5679
FC-5215-0740-0280

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
1 year ago#2
You first need to walk around Cyseal and do quests there. That should get you to close to level 4.

One early place you can fight stuff is in the graveyard - digging some graves spawns an enemy and one grave in particular will lead you to some tunnels with low level (level 2, I think) undead. You can clear those tunnels but then go back to the city - there is another exit that would lead you outside but I suggest not using it.

Then you can leave town and face enemies which will be your level - go through the west exit. It's easy to know where to go - you'd get to an area where it's raining, that's the correct one.

Afterwards, just go against enemies that are your level or lower. If you find a group that is higher level than you, just turn back and look for others. Early on level difference can be a huge deal but when you progress a bit you'll be able to take on higher level folks.

Another piece of advice I can give is to use a wide variety of the tools at your disposal during battle. Doing damage is fine but it might not be enough to win you the fight. You can set the ground on fire to force enemies to walk around it, cause them status effects, so they are less effective or produce steam to block enemy ranged combatants among other things. This is a really powerful thing to utilise. You can even stack the battlefield in your favour before the fight - if you have any summons, then cast them and you can even open with an area of effect ability to damage enemies before combat starts. You can further cast ground abilities like Midnight Oil before engaging. Another cool trick you can do is if you have a rogue, then have them carry barrels of oil or something, sneak them among the foes and place the barrels there. Then start the combat and explode the barrels with fire. And so on and so forth.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.
  1. Boards
  2. Divinity: Original Sin
  3. just got this game and need help
  • Topic Archived