• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Divinity: Original Sin
  3. Why is my non-talky character talking?

User Info: OzzBrown

OzzBrown
2 years ago#1
Start with two characters, cool I made one talky and one staby, so why does the staby do all the taking?

Whenever I get dragged into a conversation the second character I made takes over and turns arguments into throwing toothpicks at a tank because I put no points into her talky skills. How do I change who gets to do the conversation?
No Autopsy, no foul

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
2 years ago#2
I think you need to initiate conversation using the character you want - if you have a companion and send them to do the talking, it would go to the "default" player character. Some conversations start when you get close enough to an area/NPC and also go to the default, though.

If I remember correctly, the default character is simply the one on the top (looking at the portraits on the side of the screen). You can drag to rearrange them.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: OzzBrown

OzzBrown
2 years ago#3
Normally it works that way and I noticed my second character (staby) was at the top of the list what I started the game, I moved Talky to the top after a bit, but when I Load the game I'm playing as Staby and when I get snapped into a conversation (like the angry woman in the bath tub) Staby gets to talk.

Is that character on the right in the character creation screen automatically the leader or is their some other factor(s) at play?
No Autopsy, no foul

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
2 years ago#4
OzzBrown posted...
Is that character on the right in the character creation screen automatically the leader or is their some other factor(s) at play?

I don't think the order on the character creation is a factor. Not sure if there is another factor, though. I can't really remember well, but the game might be picking the closest character.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.
  1. Boards
  2. Divinity: Original Sin
  3. Why is my non-talky character talking?
  • Topic Archived