• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Divinity: Original Sin
  3. about the general stuff

User Info: chelth

chelth
3 years ago#1
i played into the first three rooms of the end of time and started over. i want to make sure the general with the lust for battle is not my healer hero. do you know that is decided? is it character 1 that is the general that wants to leave and character 2 is the other war hungry general?

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
3 years ago#2
I am afraid I do not follow. I don't remember anything to do with "war hungry" or "healers" that is somehow not decided by you. Can you elaborate?
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: chelth

chelth
3 years ago#3
keep in mind i only got as far as defeating braccus rex... when you go to the end of time you find letters and diaries that seem to have been written by the main characters in some sort of past life. while both of them seem to have been rulers of some kind, one of them was unhappy with the role and left while the other seemed to become some sort of despot. i want to make sure the character i make a healer is the former, and my fighter the latter. unless i'm mistaken and these diaries actually reflect the characters i'd made. i'd assumed they were the same no matter what character you made.

vlado_e
3 years ago#4
Hmm, can't remember this. It might have been an addition after I played the game - I finished it before the first big patch that added the 3rd and 4th voiced companions, and I've not played EE yet.

At any rate, keeping spoilers to a minimum: my guess would be that it's not possible to choose which is which.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
3 years ago#5
vlado_e posted...
Hmm, can't remember this. It might have been an addition after I played the game - I finished it before the first big patch that added the 3rd and 4th voiced companions, and I've not played EE yet.

At any rate, keeping spoilers to a minimum: my guess would be that it's not possible to choose which is which.

I'm in the same boat as you. I beat the game about a week before the first new companion was added (a warrior-type in the first town I think?). Every time I look at my game library I see this game and want to give it another try since the first time was so addicting I couldn't put it down. Now it also has local co-op and lots of extras added in.

My only complaint was the lackluster crafting system. They boasted this expansive crafting system and in the end, everything you find completely outlcasses anything you can craft with the exception of some Tenebrium weapons.
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 16GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440

vlado_e
3 years ago#6
STG Deathbot posted...
My only complaint was the lackluster crafting system. They boasted this expansive crafting system and in the end, everything you find completely outlcasses anything you can craft with the exception of some Tenebrium weapons.

Frankly, I was pretty OK with the crafting system. It's because I don't really like crafting systems. Feels like just busy work to me - you have to go find a recipe, find the correct ingredients, and then you can craft one of the things you want. In time you get enough of these to equip a character. And then you have to start working on the higher tier recipes. In the mean time, you get bags and bags of loot that may be, like, 10% less effective than what you can craft but by the time you collect enough stuff to make one item, you will have equipped all your characters.

And this is why I don't find crafting systems that interesting. Now, if the entire point of the game was to leverage crafting, then - yeah, I'm up for that. Minecraft and Lichdom are both crafting heavy. Or rather crafting only. But if you can gain equipment in two ways, one of them requires more time and effort for relatively minor advantage (if any) then....I don't see why I should go for it.
  1. Boards
  2. Divinity: Original Sin
  3. about the general stuff
  • Topic Archived