• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Divinity: Original Sin
  3. Massively overrated IMO.

User Info: uberl33tpro

uberl33tpro
3 years ago#1
Pillars of Eternity is better than this and is a far better spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate II. If you haven't played Pillars of Eternity, I recommend that over this.

User Info: Machachan

Machachan
3 years ago#2
Smart people realize that you can - and probably should, if you like cRPGs - play both. Too difficult a concept to grasp for "uber l33t pros", apparently.

User Info: Pistolized

Pistolized
3 years ago#3
Machachan posted...
Smart people realize that you can - and probably should, if you like cRPGs - play both. Too difficult a concept to grasp for "uber l33t pros", apparently.

No kidding.
"The bigger they are, the more pieces they make." - Wolverine
No matter how much you love your job, doing nothing is still better.

User Info: afatalvision

afatalvision
3 years ago#4
This game is definitely the furthest thing from overrated. It's a wonderful game.

uberl33tpro
3 years ago#5
Compared to the wide variety of WRPGs to play out there, this game doesn't even rank top 20 for me. Obsidian captured the "old school" feel of Baldur's Gate II better than this game did, and the story in this game is pretty bad. I found myself skipping dialogue because I didn't care about the terrible story any more and just wanted to continue with the game. I actually read 95% of the dialogue in Pillars of Eternity, and its just a better game all round.

User Info: sibakruom

sibakruom
3 years ago#6
I feel like pointing out the obvious, but Larian never pretended D:OS was supposed to be a spiritual successor of sort to the BG saga. That's not what they were aiming for, so unsurprisingly that's not what they made.

uberl33tpro
3 years ago#7
This game wasn't the slightest bit challenging. Rolled 2 mages, and GG'd every fight spamming fireballs and other stuff, landing elemental combos and etc. There were plenty of fights that required strategy in Pillars of Eternity.

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
3 years ago#8
sibakruom posted...
I feel like pointing out the obvious, but Larian never pretended D:OS was supposed to be a spiritual successor of sort to the BG saga. That's not what they were aiming for, so unsurprisingly that's not what they made.

I, for one, am completely unsurprised by this turn of events. Just think about it - the game was never intended to be a successor to BG and...it turned out it wasn't. How completely the opposite of preposterous, scandalous, astonishing, remarkable, unforseen, shocking, sudden, and other synonyms of "surprising".
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

uberl33tpro
3 years ago#9
BG II is the king of cRPGs, even to this day. The most like BG II it is the better it is. Nobody has proven they can make something different that's just as good or better. This game definitely isn't it.

User Info: murd3rfac3

murd3rfac3
3 years ago#10
Man this sucks....

Here I was having a blast playing this game, enjoying myself and all that. Hell I was even getting to enjoy a game with my wife, which is rare because we are two different types of gamers.

And then this dude has to go ruin everything since I base what I'm allowed to enjoy on the opinion of a guy who's a really good cab driver if I'm being allowed to interpret his name the way I want to.
PSN ID: Jason_Violation
  1. Boards
  2. Divinity: Original Sin
  3. Massively overrated IMO.
  • Topic Archived