• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Divinity: Original Sin
  3. I thought this game was more popular!

User Info: djrybak

djrybak
3 years ago#1
It's pretty well acclaimed, right?

Anyway, I've been having a great time playing and am really impressed with how they managed to keep turn-based combat feeling so fresh for so long. I thought that limited resources would damage my experience but it's actually made me think harder about my actions knowing my supplies have a finite limit. And if you're smart you can win even if you're a little low on scrolls/arrows/bombs. Love the game so far (just reached Silverglen).

Mostly came to praise the game, but if you're read this far, is perception worth leveling, even if only for the starting AP?

Edit: Also I play tactician, don't know how the other modes are.

User Info: sibakruom

sibakruom
3 years ago#2
With the release of enhanced edition on all platforms the discussion has mostly moved to the PS4 board.

djrybak posted...
Mostly came to praise the game, but if you're read this far, is perception worth leveling, even if only for the starting AP?

Probably not.
Speed and Perception gives the exact same bonus to starting AP. Speed gives recovered AP and movement speed, while Perception gives bonus to ranged critical chances and ranged accuracy over long distance as well as detecting secrets. Only a ranged character would benefit from Perception, but even then the points would be better spent in Dexterity and/or Speed.

User Info: djrybak

djrybak
3 years ago#3
sibakruom posted...
With the release of enhanced edition on all platforms the discussion has mostly moved to the PS4 board.

djrybak posted...

Probably not.
Speed and Perception gives the exact same bonus to starting AP. Speed gives recovered AP and movement speed, while Perception gives bonus to ranged critical chances and ranged accuracy over long distance as well as detecting secrets. Only a ranged character would benefit from Perception, but even then the points would be better spent in Dexterity and/or Speed.

Cool thanks man

User Info: atmasabr

atmasabr
3 years ago#4

Oh. Okay.
Do your own research!
  1. Boards
  2. Divinity: Original Sin
  3. I thought this game was more popular!
  • Topic Archived