• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Divinity: Original Sin
  3. Did the Enhanced Edition do anything with crafting?

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
3 years ago#1
I'm reading the change-log here: http://divinity.wikia.com/wiki/Differences_in_Divinity:_Original_Sin_Enhanced_Edition
and I don't see anything about crafting, but wikis have been known to be incorrect in the past. Also, I played this game through from start to finish when it first came out and I uninstalled it right before the new hireable NPC was added to the first town.

When I played it back then, the crafting felt really lackluster like it was an afterthought. So, was it ever improved or is crafting still pretty much useless?
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 8GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440

User Info: Zero_o

Zero_o
3 years ago#2
Well I've been loving crafting. If you get good and creative most crafted weapons, and armour are notably more powerful then weapons you find. Most weapons I find that are two levels higher then my crafted are equally powerful despite the non-crafted weapon being higher level. Crafted weapons seem to give more bonuses more often in my experience.

My personal favorite crafting is spell crafting (due to my mage play). That has changed however. You do NOT get random scrolls from Pixie Dust anymore. I have made at least 40+ scrolls and they all ended up Witchcraft. To get different scrolls, you use Essence on paper. Rather than Paper+Pixie followed by Essence.

This is on PS4 btw. Idk if Pixie Dust is still random and I happened to get 40 Witchcraft scrolls. It might be different on other platforms. But I don't think so.

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
3 years ago#3
Sounds like it has been enhanced. There are some better guides on the Steam boards than the wiki link I have.
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 8GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440

User Info: Zero_o

Zero_o
3 years ago#4
Yeah most wiki articles were copied and pasted. Only really notable changes are actually listed. Like how the spell boulder bash wiki article said it still did knockdown (updated now though I believe). It causes slow but only bc of oil.
  1. Boards
  2. Divinity: Original Sin
  3. Did the Enhanced Edition do anything with crafting?
  • Topic Archived