• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Divinity: Original Sin
  3. this game is for atheist?

User Info: TropicalAngel2

TropicalAngel2
3 years ago#1
yes or no, why?
Check it out my Youtube Game Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/megaeliastv
Jesus Christ is The Lord - PSN - Xbox Live - TropicalAngel

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
3 years ago#2
Maybe. Why do you ask?
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

TropicalAngel2
3 years ago#3
vlado_e posted...
Maybe. Why do you ask?

beause i don't play anti-chistian game, so if not anti-christian or anti-god i will play

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
3 years ago#4
It almost doesn't touch gods. Sure they exist but they aren't that prominent in the story. The game has nothing at all to do with Christianity.

Well, keeping it this spoiler-lite - there is one god-being that does make an appearance and it is involved with the main plot, however, it only comes into play late in the game and towards the end. For the majority of the game, there aren't any gods around. Given the game is titled "Divinity", that's almost slightly strange, yet that's the facts.

There is some religious influences, mainly in the backstory, but it's very few things cherry picked from Greep mythology and the Bible, as well as something else (wasn't too familiar but looked like Eastern mythology) and mixed together. Still, while involved in the backstory, it doesn't really matter much to the main story aside from giving some context. It's also revealed very late in the game, too.

So, in summary, while there are gods and divine things in the game, the focus isn't on them and they hardly matter to the story. The name of the game does have something to do with its content but it's a bit deceptive - while both "Divinity" and "original sin" make an appearance and are sort of the basis of the plot, they aren't really apparent for most of the game and they aren't really that important either. As I said, they mostly provide a context.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: marc

marc
3 years ago#5
We really shouldn't answer people who do not respect anyone else. I mean... he/she is running around with a badge that insults every non-Christian in their signature...

TropicalAngel2
3 years ago#6
marc posted...
We really shouldn't answer people who do not respect anyone else. I mean... he/she is running around with a badge that insults every non-Christian in their signature...

Romans 14:11

User Info: Misc363

Misc363
3 years ago#7
I'm an Atheist and I give this game two thumbs up!
GT Jouchebag4

User Info: blonkid92

blonkid92
3 years ago#8
TropicalAngel2 posted...
vlado_e posted...
Maybe. Why do you ask?

beause i don't play anti-chistian game, so if not anti-christian or anti-god i will play

First of all Christianity dosent exist in this game, it's a fantasy game with a fantasy story, also there are seven gods in it believe. I can't see the point of this topic TC, no game Is going to be anti-God/Christian unless it's directly made so.
"You should' ve known the price of evil, and it hurts to know that you belong here yeeeeaaah" Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare

User Info: cranky_messiah

cranky_messiah
3 years ago#9
TropicalAngel2 posted...
yes or no, why?

It actually has some things in common with Christianity. Specifically, they are both fantasy stories with zero basis in reality. Divinity is a bit more believable than christianity, though.
Also, this is a mind-bogglingly stupid, narrow-minded, and pointless question/topic. Get a life.

User Info: cranky_messiah

cranky_messiah
3 years ago#10
TropicalAngel2 posted...
marc posted...

Romans 14:11

Are you kidding me with this? Get out of here....
  1. Boards
  2. Divinity: Original Sin
  3. this game is for atheist?
  • Topic Archived