• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: FireKatKid

FireKatKid
8 years ago#21
It was a Marcy episode, as well as an Ice King/Simon heavy episode, so naturally it was a double win in my book.

As far as the Gunter/Gunther/Gunder/Gander/Etc discussion, I'm pretty sure it's not Simon's son. He only starts talking about Gunther when he's affected by the crown. My guess is the crown, as it's own conscious entity, as proven in "What Have You Done" and "Finn the Human", is somehow connected to a Gunther. Perhaps there was a magical amulet that was made alongside it, and the two magic items became friends. Barring that, I picture it as someone important to the creator of the crown, and when he died he placed his consciousness into the crown. Sort of what happened to Ner'zhul in Warcraft.

User Info: NekoHime64

NekoHime64
8 years ago#22
FireKatKid posted...
It was a Marcy episode, as well as an Ice King/Simon heavy episode, so naturally it was a double win in my book.

As far as the Gunter/Gunther/Gunder/Gander/Etc discussion, I'm pretty sure it's not Simon's son. He only starts talking about Gunther when he's affected by the crown. My guess is the crown, as it's own conscious entity, as proven in "What Have You Done" and "Finn the Human", is somehow connected to a Gunther. Perhaps there was a magical amulet that was made alongside it, and the two magic items became friends. Barring that, I picture it as someone important to the creator of the crown, and when he died he placed his consciousness into the crown. Sort of what happened to Ner'zhul in Warcraft.

Lost me at Warcraft, but I totes agree with everything else you said. What would be interesting is if Ice King(the crown) and Simon had some kind of inner battle, maybe in a dream or something, and we got to see each of their distinct personalities side by side.
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!

NekoHime64
8 years ago#23
OH! Just remembered that the crown had a distinctly female voice in What Have You Done!

User Info: FireKatKid

FireKatKid
8 years ago#24
NekoHime64 posted...
FireKatKid posted...

Lost me at Warcraft, but I totes agree with everything else you said. What would be interesting is if Ice King(the crown) and Simon had some kind of inner battle, maybe in a dream or something, and we got to see each of their distinct personalities side by side.

If you don't get the Warcraft reference, think of maybe, the One Ring from Lord of the Rings instead?

NekoHime64
8 years ago#25
FireKatKid posted...
NekoHime64 posted...
FireKatKid posted...

If you don't get the Warcraft reference, think of maybe, the One Ring from Lord of the Rings instead?

I get what you're trying to say, don't worry ^_^. I wonder if the crown's personality was human at one point, or if it's some kind of ice spirit or something. When Finn was possessed by the crown, he sounded like he had a European accent of some kind, maybe the crown contains the soul of a Norse frost giant!

User Info: Adrastia

Adrastia
8 years ago#26
Noerah4eva posted...
So the post apocalyptic conditions caused a mutated population? Interesting...I thought the same thing when I saw the living bubblegum. I was like, oh my glob it's Princess Bubblegum.

I've had these slime gummies with green ooze in them once. I think they were for Halloween. Maybe they're Halloween candy.

I wonder if they were really hostile or they just couldn't communicate with Simon. It looked like they were attacking but who knows.
The gate to tomorrow is not the light of heaven, but the darkness of the depths of the earth...... - Vincent FF7
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A