Vampire tree grinding question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard
  3. Vampire tree grinding question

User Info: druggedupbunny

druggedupbunny
5 years ago#1
I've been trying to grind for the achievement but am finding that my attacks aren't doing very much damage and find myself keep getting killed which is becoming increasingly frustrating. Is there something that I'm missing?

For instances is drain life dependant on any of your magic skills which despite me being level 69 is one of my least developed stats. Should I level my destruction?

Also I'm still not sure how to use bite (I wish they'd have included a tutorial!)! Any advice on how to get this over with will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
MATT DAMON!!! - Matt Damon

User Info: Saelius88

Saelius88
5 years ago#2
To use bite, just do a power attack on an enemy with low hp.

Im pretty sure you can use the drain health ability on animals as well to increase your perk progress.
I know the secret to Life.
The trick is to keep Breathing.

User Info: BluesSoul617

BluesSoul617
5 years ago#3
LOL I bet I know your problem.

Your Drain Life spell is VERY weak most likely because Serana is your follower. It's a glitch to have her with you as a Vampire Lord.

The Vampire Lord is supposed to be insanely OP.
Blues Soul 617

User Info: DarkLaguna

DarkLaguna
5 years ago#4
I don't know if it's exactly a glitch; As I understand it, the game is CODED to behave that way. Maybe so you don't kill her so fast, or to make her actually useful? In any case, it's better to use melee finishers if you're grinding the Vampire perk tree with her around, or just put off grinding it until after the questline. Or just grind it on the side (Tell her to part ways, or Wait, and go somewhere else and grind it). Just keep in mind you need her for quite a few quests, so if you're doing the Dawnguard storyline, it's best to keep her along, even though it nerfs your Vampire Lord form.
I feel a draft on my butt...

User Info: Barakah

Barakah
5 years ago#5
DarkLaguna posted...
I don't know if it's exactly a glitch; As I understand it, the game is CODED to behave that way. Maybe so you don't kill her so fast, or to make her actually useful? In any case, it's better to use melee finishers if you're grinding the Vampire perk tree with her around, or just put off grinding it until after the questline. Or just grind it on the side (Tell her to part ways, or Wait, and go somewhere else and grind it). Just keep in mind you need her for quite a few quests, so if you're doing the Dawnguard storyline, it's best to keep her along, even though it nerfs your Vampire Lord form.

Even if it is coded that way I'd say it's still a glitch, in the sense that the person who coded it is a sort of glitch in the gene pool.

User Info: BluesSoul617

BluesSoul617
5 years ago#6
It's not only a glitch, but you're forced to have Serana as your follower for the remainder of the Dawnguard quest (not a glitched).

That's why joining the Volkihar Vampires is silly.
Blues Soul 617

User Info: DarkLaguna

DarkLaguna
5 years ago#7
BluesSoul617 posted...
It's not only a glitch, but you're forced to have Serana as your follower for the remainder of the Dawnguard quest (not a glitched).

That's why joining the Volkihar Vampires is silly.

Not really; Every other spell besides that works fine; the melee stance of the Vampire Lord, with the right perks (and especially the special necklace and ring) make you almost as powerful as a werewolf, and constant AoE lifedrain and instant refilling of health makes you much more surviveable.
I feel a draft on my butt...

User Info: FredCat07

FredCat07
5 years ago#8
Just go around kill people (bandit/wolf/bear) during nighttime at the point you were sending to deal with drug-people. Serana would not be with you at that time.
I used to be hearing person like you, until I took the fever in my ears. ~FredCat
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard
  3. Vampire tree grinding question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived