Do vampire attacks on towns stop after you beat Dawnguard? *NO SPOILERS*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard
  3. Do vampire attacks on towns stop after you beat Dawnguard? *NO SPOILERS*

User Info: Barakah

Barakah
5 years ago#11
If you side with the vampires, the attacks stop after you completely the Bloodstone Chalice quest which is the very first quest you get with the vampires.

If you side with the Dawnguard, the attacks don't stop until you've completed Kindred Judgement which is the very last quest in the add-on.

So if you're really concerned about the vampire attacks, siding with the vampires is the quickest way to deal with it. But they'll stop either way.

User Info: raven077

raven077
5 years ago#12
I think it's crap, plain and simple. I don't care how fast or late it is until the attacks stop, they shouldn't be killing off NPCs like this.

If you don't save often and before fast traveling, your risking losing alot of time if a valuable NPC gets killed.

After losing more then ten hours of gameplay because I forgot to save for awhile and from traveling to Dragonsreach first, going inside and doing my business, only to leave and find a pile of corpses.

It sucks. I shouldn't have to save on a schedule like that and keep reloading just to keep my freaking merchants and quest givers alive.

Just saying that 'oh well all you have to do is beat the dlc' doesn't make it acceptable.

So great, start it as soon as its available (whether you want to or not) and play it straight through to minimize time having to put up with it (yay....no not really).

Otherwise yorr be saving and reloading quite a bit.

For what? Some random attacks that does what for immersion in the story? Kinda breaks when you have to always save, always reload.

Sure it's a decent idea in theory but they should put some targeting limits. No quest related NPCs and no merchants.

Not so hard.
GT: MC 077 Lasombra

User Info: Barakah

Barakah
5 years ago#13
Yeah I agree 100% raven077. I didn't mean for my previous post to sound as though I'm okay with the attacks, because it really is game breaking.

It's ruined one of my saves too. Half of the merchants in Whiterun were killed whilst I was up at Dragon's Reach. I didn't even realize the attack had taken place until much later, and by then all of my saves were long after it had happened. I was looking for the Blacksmith near the gate for like five minutes before I saw her body lying in the gutter along with Belethor and a bunch of others.

It would be better if they tagged all of the quest givers and merchants in the game in the same way that they did followers. So they can be killed by the player, but if an enemy depletes their health they just fall to their knees and the enemy moves onto someone else.

User Info: LifeVirus1289

LifeVirus1289
5 years ago#14
raven077 posted...
If you don't save often and before fast traveling, your risking losing alot of time if a valuable NPC gets killed.

You literally auto-save every time you fast travel by default.
By the Nine, did that really just happen?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Baalthezar/advanced

User Info: Bardockpwnsjoo

Bardockpwnsjoo
5 years ago#15
I've had five vampire attacks and never had a pile of dead bodies. Ever. The guards always roflstomp them. Am I just lucky?
So, if you put an Oriental guy in a bowl, and spin it around, does he become disOriented?
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard
  3. Do vampire attacks on towns stop after you beat Dawnguard? *NO SPOILERS*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived