Do vampire attacks on towns stop after you beat Dawnguard? *NO SPOILERS*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard
  3. Do vampire attacks on towns stop after you beat Dawnguard? *NO SPOILERS*

User Info: Mal_Fet

Mal_Fet
5 years ago#1
Ether siding with the Dawnguard or the Vampires?

Also, do vampire attacks only happen if you enter villages?
Controversy is only dreaded by the advocates of error.

User Info: DOSF

DOSF
5 years ago#2
The random vampire attacks will cease once the Dawnguard DLC's main quest-line has been completed, no matter which side you took.

Thing is, some are saying that should you choose to do a radiant quest from either side having completed the main quest, it'll restart the vampire attacks again. No idea if over a certain amount of time they'll stop again.

As far as I am aware, the vampire attacks can happen in the wild also.
"I'M HERE TO SAVE YOU! Right after I get done rubbing my arse against this wall." - Arctic_Sunrise

User Info: Ruppe21

Ruppe21
5 years ago#3
Is there something you have to do to trigger these attacks?
I see everyone complaining about it but I haven't had a single attack in my game yet.

User Info: mdfmkrules9999

mdfmkrules9999
5 years ago#4
They stop.

Doing radiant quests doesn't seem to affect anything either.

You can still run into vampires out on the road.

Spoilers:

Blocking the sun seems to trigger them again

User Info: VasDeferens

VasDeferens
5 years ago#5
Did patch 1.7 tone down the vampire attacks ? I started a new character and have not had a vampire attack in a town yet and I've already gone to Fort Dawnguard .
Team Aela vs. Team Serana

User Info: ShadeReaper624

ShadeReaper624
5 years ago#6
This really sucks, I am level 76 and havent even started the main quest of the game yet. I decided to not kill he first dragon at Whiterun, so I have had a dragon free game so far. I have completed the DB and TG quests and tons of side quests. I download Dawnguard, walk into Riften, and literally by the time I sprint from the gate into the main market area everyone, and I mean everyone is dead. All kinds of quest failed notices, shopkeepers dead, etc. Time to uninstall...

User Info: BladeRider13

BladeRider13
5 years ago#7
wait so the attacks keep coming after siding and completing vamp side?
Your mission is to not to except this mission. Do u except?..

User Info: vegeta2002

vegeta2002
5 years ago#8
ShadeReaper624 posted...
This really sucks, I am level 76 and havent even started the main quest of the game yet. I decided to not kill he first dragon at Whiterun, so I have had a dragon free game so far. I have completed the DB and TG quests and tons of side quests. I download Dawnguard, walk into Riften, and literally by the time I sprint from the gate into the main market area everyone, and I mean everyone is dead. All kinds of quest failed notices, shopkeepers dead, etc. Time to uninstall...

If you're level 76, you really never need to enter a town to complete the expansion. When you complete the expansion everything goes back to normal.

Are you complaining that playing Skyrim with maxed out characters is not fun? I' don't see too many people with characters in their 70's and it's the only character build they've tried. That's crazy. My level 61 character became OP and boring 20 levels ago. I only got to level 61 by playing the expansion.

User Info: Cryptochid5000

Cryptochid5000
5 years ago#9
I completed Dawngaurd on the Dawngaurd side and ever since then there have been no attacks.
"Shame on us and all we have done and all we ever were just zero's and one's"
NiN Zero Sum

User Info: hufdvh

hufdvh
5 years ago#10
ShadeReaper624 posted...

Level 76 and you have not killed the first dragon at Whiterun... How? And you do realize you can arrive in the day and vampires won't be in town (fast travel to a location near to a city wait for morning then travel in to town).
---
Enchantment? Enchantment! - Sandal
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard
  3. Do vampire attacks on towns stop after you beat Dawnguard? *NO SPOILERS*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived