• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Skullgirls
  3. Where's the community at?

User Info: djprofessork1

djprofessork1
5 years ago#21
id bind a button to PP for dash/pushblock.

User Info: solidoutlaw

solidoutlaw
5 years ago#22
mMarikom posted...
I'm on pad but I don't have a throw macro.

I think another problem is that I JUST distinguished the difference between Seria and Stance Cancelling (its like a 6f difference and you can Seria Cancel with PP as opposed to 236PP...which everyone knows at this point but me because I'm slow)

My current pad setup:

Square = jab
Triangle = strong
R1 = Fierce

X = Short
O = Forward
R2 = Roundhouse

L1 = Assist 1
L2 = Assist 2

can I stance cancel just by doing 236 LPLK after a stance cancellable normal?

And Iunno right now it really depends on who I can get a better feel for. Valentine is my point character no matter what, that won't change. I feel like I kinda need Parasoul and she honestly isn't that difficult to play given her charges are just 61f and her links don't seem too tough at first glance. I guess it kinda just comes down to Double (who I think is very cool) and Squiggly (Who I also think is very cool) and since Double is a worse Anchor in MDE than she was in SDE I'm not really sure who to choose between the two.

It's even more perplexing because my old Valentine corner BNB used Hornet Bomber H and now it won't work because undizzy...

I play on pad too, no excuses.

Same layout, but, swap your shoulder buttons like this

R1:HK
R2: A2
L1:HP
L2: A1

I normally stance cancel by doing PP or KK, since I can press those two easily.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgtsk0R9Ao0
^That's a bit of reference of what I mean so you can easily press any face button. You can basically mash PP/KK because the window is so huge.

Here's the team I occasionally run
Val (cr.MK assist), squiggs (drag n bite assist), soul (napalm pillar assist)
The drag and bite is VERY good lock down and keeps them standing so you can get really good confirms and pressure off of that. And pillar is there for reversal purposes as neither val nor squiggs have good reversals. You can do the same gameplay with double replacing squiggly, except you want to put double on anchor since parasoul can make better use of hornet bomber than drag and bite (hornet bomber helps parasoul play keep away if she wants).

Also, minor typo you made, but parasoul's charge time is 31 frames, not 61.
PSN: rayplay
"Wow, there's more hate in here than a K K K meeting!"

User Info: GoodChoicesPls

GoodChoicesPls
5 years ago#23
solidoutlaw posted...
mMarikom posted...
I'm on pad but I don't have a throw macro.

I think another problem is that I JUST distinguished the difference between Seria and Stance Cancelling (its like a 6f difference and you can Seria Cancel with PP as opposed to 236PP...which everyone knows at this point but me because I'm slow)

My current pad setup:

Square = jab
Triangle = strong
R1 = Fierce

X = Short
O = Forward
R2 = Roundhouse

L1 = Assist 1
L2 = Assist 2

can I stance cancel just by doing 236 LPLK after a stance cancellable normal?

And Iunno right now it really depends on who I can get a better feel for. Valentine is my point character no matter what, that won't change. I feel like I kinda need Parasoul and she honestly isn't that difficult to play given her charges are just 61f and her links don't seem too tough at first glance. I guess it kinda just comes down to Double (who I think is very cool) and Squiggly (Who I also think is very cool) and since Double is a worse Anchor in MDE than she was in SDE I'm not really sure who to choose between the two.

It's even more perplexing because my old Valentine corner BNB used Hornet Bomber H and now it won't work because undizzy...

I play on pad too, no excuses.

Same layout, but, swap your shoulder buttons like this

R1:HK
R2: A2
L1:HP
L2: A1

I normally stance cancel by doing PP or KK, since I can press those two easily.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgtsk0R9Ao0
^That's a bit of reference of what I mean so you can easily press any face button. You can basically mash PP/KK because the window is so huge.

Here's the team I occasionally run
Val (cr.MK assist), squiggs (drag n bite assist), soul (napalm pillar assist)
The drag and bite is VERY good lock down and keeps them standing so you can get really good confirms and pressure off of that. And pillar is there for reversal purposes as neither val nor squiggs have good reversals. You can do the same gameplay with double replacing squiggly, except you want to put double on anchor since parasoul can make better use of hornet bomber than drag and bite (hornet bomber helps parasoul play keep away if she wants).

Also, minor typo you made, but parasoul's charge time is 31 frames, not 61.

You have dash cancel midscreen tips for Valentine? I can't get anything to combo with her midscreen...

Also I think I'm going Val/Para/Double
PSN: Arent_We_Clever
3DS Friend Code: 2234 8016 4687 Nickname: Mariko

solidoutlaw
5 years ago#24
Mainly just buffer the dash right as you land to get it out as soon as possible.

GoodChoicesPls
5 years ago#25
solidoutlaw posted...
Mainly just buffer the dash right as you land to get it out as soon as possible.

It's not working D:

I'm mostly trying to do cr. LK cr. MK cr. HP j. HP (Airdash) j.MP j. HP (land, dash) j. MK

GoodChoicesPls
5 years ago#26
I keep flip flopping between Squig and Double :(

solidoutlaw
5 years ago#27
mMarikom posted...
solidoutlaw posted...

It's not working D:

I'm mostly trying to do cr. LK cr. MK cr. HP j. HP (Airdash) j.MP j. HP (land, dash) j. MK

Yeah, it's iffy, a lot of Val players struggle with it outside of the corner. Instead, try to do j.LP/j.LK, j.MP, j.HP. The pulsr combo will always work so long as you j.MK at least second (that's if you want all 3 reps btw). Also, after your first launch, do j.HP, j.HK before the air dash, since you get two heavies and dont' further undizzy or ips.

GoodChoicesPls
5 years ago#28
solidoutlaw posted...
mMarikom posted...
solidoutlaw posted...

It's not working D:

Yeah, it's iffy, a lot of Val players struggle with it outside of the corner. Instead, try to do j.LP/j.LK, j.MP, j.HP. The pulsr combo will always work so long as you j.MK at least second (that's if you want all 3 reps btw). Also, after your first launch, do j.HP, j.HK before the air dash, since you get two heavies and dont' further undizzy or ips.

Pulsr combo still works? So what do you use midscreen? Mind posting a transcript?

solidoutlaw
5 years ago#29
mMarikom posted...
solidoutlaw posted...
mMarikom posted...
solidoutlaw posted...

It's not working D:

Pulsr combo still works? So what do you use midscreen? Mind posting a transcript?

I personally do a different combo depending on how far I am but the pulsr combo basically goes like

stuff, cr.HP, j.HP, j.HK, AD, j.MP, j.HP, j.MK, j.HP, j.LP, j.MP, j.HP, j.LK, j.MP, j.HP. It doesn't matter which order as long as mk isn't last.

The personal midscreen I do for more consistency is the same starter, but after j.MP, I do j.HK, j.LP, j.mp, j.HK, s.LPx3, cr.MP, s.MK, cr.HP, etc. I haven't altered it for PC yet so I can't say much for it yet until I do.

GoodChoicesPls
5 years ago#30
D: i'm so bad I can't get it =_=
  1. Boards
  2. Skullgirls
  3. Where's the community at?
  • Topic Archived