• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Skullgirls
  3. Where's the community at?

User Info: GoodChoicesPls

GoodChoicesPls
5 years ago#11
Would a Val/Squig/Double team work with Hornet Bomber as a get off me assist instead of a DP?
PSN: Arent_We_Clever
3DS Friend Code: 2234 8016 4687 Nickname: Mariko

GoodChoicesPls
5 years ago#12
I'm also somewhat considering Parasoul. She was the first character I tried before Valentine and I couldn't quite get the hang of her before but I'm definitely willing to give her a shot again. How is Val/Double/Parasoul?

User Info: solidoutlaw

solidoutlaw
5 years ago#13
mMarikom posted...
I'm also somewhat considering Parasoul. She was the first character I tried before Valentine and I couldn't quite get the hang of her before but I'm definitely willing to give her a shot again. How is Val/Double/Parasoul?

That's a really good team actually.
PSN: rayplay
"Wow, there's more hate in here than a K K K meeting!"

GoodChoicesPls
5 years ago#14
solidoutlaw posted...
mMarikom posted...

That's a really good team actually.

Para anchor instead of Double? Iunno how well Double anchor works nowadays given the increase in cat head meter

GoodChoicesPls
5 years ago#15
Right now I'm contemplating Val/Squiggly/Para as well if...I can get a hang of the whole seria cancelling thing

User Info: solidoutlaw

solidoutlaw
5 years ago#16
Both Double and Parasoul can work well on anchor depending on what you go for. Double will have catheads if you save it for her though it's no where near as useful as it used to be due to all the nerfs it got, and Parasoul has a solid all around moveset. I'd put double on anchor though since Parasoul benefits more from double.

Also for stance cancelling, there are many shortcuts to getting it like pressing throw or the opposite button or two buttons, etc.
PSN: rayplay
"Wow, there's more hate in here than a K K K meeting!"

User Info: MegaMettaur

MegaMettaur
5 years ago#17
mMarikom posted...
Right now I'm contemplating Val/Squiggly/Para as well if...I can get a hang of the whole seria cancelling thing

are you playing on a stick?
(PC): Skullgirls: Squigly <3 Steam ID: MegaMettaurX
(3DS): FC: 0834-1402-9867 - Mega Man Star Force 2 Zerker x Ninja, Contact, Mega Man Zero Collection

GoodChoicesPls
5 years ago#18
I'm on pad but I don't have a throw macro.

I think another problem is that I JUST distinguished the difference between Seria and Stance Cancelling (its like a 6f difference and you can Seria Cancel with PP as opposed to 236PP...which everyone knows at this point but me because I'm slow)

My current pad setup:

Square = jab
Triangle = strong
R1 = Fierce

X = Short
O = Forward
R2 = Roundhouse

L1 = Assist 1
L2 = Assist 2

can I stance cancel just by doing 236 LPLK after a stance cancellable normal?

And Iunno right now it really depends on who I can get a better feel for. Valentine is my point character no matter what, that won't change. I feel like I kinda need Parasoul and she honestly isn't that difficult to play given her charges are just 61f and her links don't seem too tough at first glance. I guess it kinda just comes down to Double (who I think is very cool) and Squiggly (Who I also think is very cool) and since Double is a worse Anchor in MDE than she was in SDE I'm not really sure who to choose between the two.

It's even more perplexing because my old Valentine corner BNB used Hornet Bomber H and now it won't work because undizzy...

User Info: djprofessork1

djprofessork1
5 years ago#19
Id go with Val/Double/Para.

You get really good DHC with cat heads (only 1 meter on dhc) Or the invincible car.
Double+Napalm Pillar is also stupid good. pretty braindead TBH.
Then if you want Para+Bomber, you can dhc or try to tag into para since she has one of the safer tags. You can tag after you hit a gunshot.

Yea double is better anchor, but, double is also better on incoming. If val gets mauled then para comes in, para will probably get mauled too.

GoodChoicesPls
5 years ago#20
djprofessork1 posted...
Id go with Val/Double/Para.

You get really good DHC with cat heads (only 1 meter on dhc) Or the invincible car.
Double+Napalm Pillar is also stupid good. pretty braindead TBH.
Then if you want Para+Bomber, you can dhc or try to tag into para since she has one of the safer tags. You can tag after you hit a gunshot.

Yea double is better anchor, but, double is also better on incoming. If val gets mauled then para comes in, para will probably get mauled too.

That's what I'm leaning towards, especially since solo Para is more than decent so anchor Para is literally solo Para with meter...but I dunno regardless I'm thinking of some arrangement of these 3. I'm more or less done with Squiggly she just looks REALLY cool...unless I can get Squig/Para or Squig/Double to work.

Anyone have a different recommended pad setup?
  1. Boards
  2. Skullgirls
  3. Where's the community at?
  • Topic Archived