• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Skullgirls
  3. What's the tier list?

User Info: MegaMettaur

MegaMettaur
5 years ago#21
solidoutlaw posted...
djprofessork1 posted...
solidoutlaw posted...
Official game has only been out for like, roughly a week. No list yet.

the beta was out for months

You mean the beta that constantly changed every few days, both for character balance and system mechanics, making it nigh impossible to make a coherent EARLY list until the final days of it? That beta?

The console version has been out since at least december of last year. This game is far from new.
3DS XL: AC:NL, KH:DDD;; FC: 0834-1402-9867
(PC):Phantasy Star Online 2; Synthetica;;Ship 2

User Info: solidoutlaw

solidoutlaw
5 years ago#22
MegaMettaur posted...
solidoutlaw posted...
djprofessork1 posted...
solidoutlaw posted...

You mean the beta that constantly changed every few days, both for character balance and system mechanics, making it nigh impossible to make a coherent EARLY list until the final days of it? That beta?

The console version has been out since at least december of last year. This game is far from new.

Console version is also not the current version.
PSN: rayplay
"Wow, there's more hate in here than a K K K meeting!"

MegaMettaur
5 years ago#23
solidoutlaw posted...
MegaMettaur posted...
solidoutlaw posted...
djprofessork1 posted...
solidoutlaw posted...

Console version is also not the current version.

Doesn't matter. Skull girls is an old game.

solidoutlaw
5 years ago#24
Roughly 2 years is old? Lol. And the tiers changed up each time the game was updated. For example, vanilla Fillia was very limited, but SDE Filia was debatably best, and PC Filia is a somewhere in the middle.

MegaMettaur
5 years ago#25
solidoutlaw posted...
Roughly 2 years is old? Lol. And the tiers changed up each time the game was updated. For example, vanilla Fillia was very limited, but SDE Filia was debatably best, and PC Filia is a somewhere in the middle.

I consider things old if they're not new.

solidoutlaw
5 years ago#26
MegaMettaur posted...
solidoutlaw posted...

My niece is 4 years old. She's ancient.

User Info: Dragonage2ftw

Dragonage2ftw
5 years ago#27
solidoutlaw posted...
MegaMettaur posted...
solidoutlaw posted...

I'd venture to say that your niece is older then time itself.

MegaMettaur
5 years ago#28
solidoutlaw posted...
MegaMettaur posted...
solidoutlaw posted...

She's 4 years old, not 4 years new
(PC): Skullgirls: Squigly <3 Steam ID: MegaMettaurX
(3DS): FC: 0834-1402-9867 - Mega Man Star Force 2 Zerker x Ninja, Contact, Mega Man Zero Collection

User Info: Svierrod

Svierrod
5 years ago#29
Regarding the tier list in Skullgirls, Mike Z (the Lead Designer) has said that the tier list changes dramatically depending on who you talk to. "There are some people who think Parasoul is the best character in the game, and other people who can't stand her. Some groups swear by Painwheel, while others think she's useless." It all depends on who's holding the controller.

That being said, I don't think there really can be a solid, universal tier list in this game. Personally, I'd compare it to types in Pokémon, where certain characters and teams have advantages and disadvantages against other characters/teams.

User Info: ProzacStylings

ProzacStylings
5 years ago#30
Svierrod posted...
Regarding the tier list in Skullgirls, Mike Z (the Lead Designer) has said that the tier list changes dramatically depending on who you talk to. "There are some people who think Parasoul is the best character in the game, and other people who can't stand her. Some groups swear by Painwheel, while others think she's useless." It all depends on who's holding the controller.

That being said, I don't think there really can be a solid, universal tier list in this game. Personally, I'd compare it to types in Pokémon, where certain characters and teams have advantages and disadvantages against other characters/teams.

1.) Pokemon has a tier list. That's what Uber/OU/UU is. Some pokemon are so strong, no matter who you use to try and gain an advantage over them, that they are detrimental to the entertainment value of the metagame, and as such are banned from standard play and put in ubers.

2.) Who is holding the controller does not change what characters are objectively better. You can argue that people don't currently know who is objectively better, but if you're honestly trying to state that the game is perfectly balanced, and that no character is objectively better than another character, you're ridiculous.

3.) Nobody good at Marvel says Viper is ~top 3, or even Top 5, in general. Theoryfighters that don't take human limitations into account call her top tier, but they're never good at marvel and never deal with the reality of top level competition. This isn't from your quote, but some clownshoe tried to use it to justify Marvel tiers being flawed, which is silly. Ultimate Marvel has been out for a couple years, and relatively clear tier lists.
Quoth the server, "404"
  1. Boards
  2. Skullgirls
  3. What's the tier list?
  • Topic Archived