• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Skullgirls
  3. This game will definitely benefit from mods. Let's post some ideas.

User Info: JELIFISH19

JELIFISH19
5 years ago#21
Don't get BBCT. It's really outdated. There's been BBCS, BBCS2, BBCSEX, and BBCP is coming out next year.

But I'll just leave this here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OOTByMsYyM
I <3 my HRAP EX-SE
Capcom, ASW, & NRS fighting games 4 Life

User Info: Gaming King

Gaming King
5 years ago#22
Skull girls has a sick art style. Yeah it definitely looks better in motion, but the individual character designs are too good. There's nothing generic about the designs and I love it for that, that along with a good choice cast is perfect. Also peacock has one of the coolest designs. It's an obvious shout out to Tax Avery cartoons.

None of that stuff necessarily makes it good art, though. And so what if Peacock is based on Tex Avery stuff? She's gross. The moment she busted out a cigar, I was like, "Nope, not cute. Gross."

This. The little bits of fanservice here and there means absolutely jacksquat since even the most stereotypical types look extremely unique in and of itself(A Ninja Nurse that actually uses Doctor tools in Ninja like ways? Ms.Fortune, who can literally attack you with all of her limbs while STILL ALIVE?)

And in motion, it all absolutely works even working at the same level as Darkstalkers in overall fluidity and motion.

Yeah, yeah, the game looks pretty great, I'm not gonna lie. But the t*** and hips are still obnoxious, and they go out of their way to make the characters overly original (read: bizarre).

My main issue with the game is actually the gravity. Makes air combos stupid hard.

Don't get BBCT. It's really outdated. There's been BBCS, BBCS2, BBCSEX, and BBCP is coming out next year.

I hate every BlazBlue after CT. They completely stopped taking it seriously. And f*** that little street hooker, Platinum, too.

Arc System Works is dead to me unless Guilty Gear Xrd walks on water.
Number of people who would "totally [censored] Penny" from Advance Wars DOR: 17
Finally back to LV 34 after like over two years. BS moderations suck.

User Info: Margisame

Margisame
5 years ago#23
Mods, huh?

I wonder if Parasoul will get a Peach outfit.
Favorite Games: Final Fantasy 5, Touhou 8, Skullgirls, and Mother.
Working on a Smash Bros. RPG on RPG Maker VX Ace, and it's hard working solo.

User Info: GoodChoicesPls

GoodChoicesPls
5 years ago#24
sup

inb4 marie rachel mod

tc is scary
PSN: Arent_We_Clever
3DS Friend Code: 2234 8016 4687 Nickname: Mariko

User Info: EcchiBaka

EcchiBaka
5 years ago#25
Gaming King posted...
Skull girls has a sick art style. Yeah it definitely looks better in motion, but the individual character designs are too good. There's nothing generic about the designs and I love it for that, that along with a good choice cast is perfect. Also peacock has one of the coolest designs. It's an obvious shout out to Tax Avery cartoons.

None of that stuff necessarily makes it good art, though. And so what if Peacock is based on Tex Avery stuff? She's gross. The moment she busted out a cigar, I was like, "Nope, not cute. Gross."

This. The little bits of fanservice here and there means absolutely jacksquat since even the most stereotypical types look extremely unique in and of itself(A Ninja Nurse that actually uses Doctor tools in Ninja like ways? Ms.Fortune, who can literally attack you with all of her limbs while STILL ALIVE?)

And in motion, it all absolutely works even working at the same level as Darkstalkers in overall fluidity and motion.

Yeah, yeah, the game looks pretty great, I'm not gonna lie. But the t*** and hips are still obnoxious, and they go out of their way to make the characters overly original (read: bizarre).

My main issue with the game is actually the gravity. Makes air combos stupid hard.

A girl who fights with a parasite on her head as her hair, a catgirl who fights with a detached head, and some poor lass who is being mind controlled and can shoot sharp spikes from her limbs, and you're saying it's the breasts that make them "overly original"? I say it's the icing on the cake.

Get me a Bunny Suit Cerebella mod please.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't think they were shooting for "cute" when they designed Peacock.
Sejuani said if I don't get her Platinum borders, no more "Fun Times Atop Bristle".

Gaming King
5 years ago#26
Mods, huh?

Oh, I would love that. Fabulous idea.

sup

inb4 marie rachel mod

tc is scary

'Eeeeeeeeey! Long time no see, girl.

And hey, I am not scary. In fact, whatever it was that you didn't like about me has probably changed completely by now.

A girl who fights with a parasite on her head as her hair, a catgirl who fights with a detached head, and some poor lass who is being mind controlled and can shoot sharp spikes from her limbs, and you're saying it's the breasts that make them "overly original"? I say it's the icing on the cake.

Perhaps I phrased that poorly. The over-originality I referred to was indeed the weirdness of the characters which you are referring to.

Not sure if want.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't think they were shooting for "cute" when they designed Peacock.

Well, she's the only loli, and all lolis should be cute. :(

I want Umbrella as a playable character, stat. How great would it be to pair up adorable loli with hawt Onee-chan?

User Info: EcchiBaka

EcchiBaka
5 years ago#27
Gaming King posted...
Mods, huh?

sup

inb4 marie rachel mod

tc is scary

And hey, I am not scary. In fact, whatever it was that you didn't like about me has probably changed completely by now.

Perhaps I phrased that poorly. The over-originality I referred to was indeed the weirdness of the characters which you are referring to.

Not sure if want.

I want Umbrella as a playable character, stat. How great would it be to pair up adorable loli with hawt Onee-chan?

How could you even like lolis? Can you not fathom how unbearable a flat chest is?
Sejuani said if I don't get her Platinum borders, no more "Fun Times Atop Bristle".

Gaming King
5 years ago#28
What the actual f***?

User Info: Dragonage2ftw

Dragonage2ftw
5 years ago#29
Gaming King posted...
Mods, huh?

sup

inb4 marie rachel mod

tc is scary

Not sure if want.

I'm sorry that the rest of the people on this thread was being harsh with you, we are just so tired of the "OMG so sexist!!!!" thing that we tend to jump on anyone who criticizes it.

On a different note, how is being overly original a bad thing? I'm not hating, I'm just curious.

Gaming King
5 years ago#30
They just kind of got too weird with it if you ask me. Like, really, really weird.
  1. Boards
  2. Skullgirls
  3. This game will definitely benefit from mods. Let's post some ideas.
  • Topic Archived