• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Unfinished Swan
  3. Owners of the game Please check something for me

User Info: closeworldopen

closeworldopen
6 years ago#1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZX_WYLjYNg

because of this video i know it is possible to play the whole game in german, i want to know if i can buy the N.A. (north america) release And play it in german.

would you guys mind changing the system language to Deutsch (German) at system settings, then playing the game and seeing if everything (voice & subtitles) becomes german. or if it let's you go into options and turn it all into German (Deutsch)

remember you must got to system settings, change language to Deutsch, then play the game.

P.S. if not i will have to use my European PSN which is more expensive, thanks gamers. You Guys play awesome games!
---ImportantPersona

closeworldopen
6 years ago#2
also, I need PSN friends

my ID is denGeistaufgeben
---ImportantPersona

User Info: Squall_1134

Squall_1134
6 years ago#3
Just checked (NA version). Changing the system language doesn't make anything in the game German. The only thing that is in German is the Playstation Move screen that shows before the game loads. Also, there aren't any language options in-game.

EDIT: Well, changing the system language to Español turns everything Spanish. Not sure if there is another language that I could change it to that would make it German or if the US version just doesn't have it.

EDIT2: Tried all of the languages. English, Español, Français, and Português (Portugal) are the only ones that it supports.

closeworldopen
6 years ago#4
thanks dude, you are awesome, by the way, you rated ffxiii very high, i gave up on it and sold it, but now i feel like i really want to play it all the way through, it's weird, anyways, i think unfinished swan will be a unique experience.
---ImportantPersona

Squall_1134
6 years ago#5
Totally forgot about that games list feature on here. I started adding games to it but must have gotten distracted easily and forgot about it.

I think I like FFXIII for a combination of reasons:
- I found the story to be engaging. I probably spent a good 10 hours just reading the datalog to understand things better.

- The visuals and environments. The game looks amazing and I spent a lot of time just roaming around, looking at things.

- I like it for the reasons others didn't like it: No towns, no shops, and few NPCs. Towns and NPCs of almost any RPG game feel bland and lifeless to me. Shops are always a chore to go to and always give off a generic vibe. Cutting these seemed like an improvement to me.

- For a quality I see in it that I see in games like Journey, ICO, SotC, Uncharted, etc. It felt more like an experience or interactive story than a chore of playing a game at most times. Many other FFs and RPGs have so much going on and so much to do that in comparison, FFXIII just felt relaxing.

I love traditional FFs and RPGs, but FFXIII was a nice break from those, and I appreciated it for what it was.

Squall_1134
6 years ago#6
About the Unfinished Swan. It was decent but it didn't feel engaging. I think one of the big reasons is the narration. It sounded as if the narrator was talking to a child and was force feeding the story. It's one of those games that would have been better suited in silence.

If they would have removed the narration and somehow told the story through the player finding clues, pictures, and obscure text to piece it together, I would have enjoyed it more. It felt like it was aimed toward children, where as something like Journey seemed to have a broader audience.
  1. Boards
  2. The Unfinished Swan
  3. Owners of the game Please check something for me
  • Topic Archived