Wow, using keyboard and mouse vs console players = EZ mode.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Wow, using keyboard and mouse vs console players = EZ mode.

User Info: ihaveyahoorares

ihaveyahoorares
5 years ago#191
__redxiii__ posted...
I just did, I don't see how any car under $500 besides a toyota could handle that.

Haha. You'd be surprised at what people run in that series. Old BMWs, Benz', TONS of Crown Victorias. We had a 1996 Honda Civic EX with like 280k miles on it that was beat to hell and back. Interior was shot to hell, ripped stained and smelly, dinged and dented to all hell and back,, in fact it was hit in the rear quarterpanel and bumper lol. Picked it up for $350. Sold a few parts off of it for $100. Invested the other 250 into brakes, rigged suspension components and crappy engine related things and a quick ECU reflash. We were revving that little POS to over 8,000 RPMs to get the most power out of it. Honestly surprised it made it past tech inspection due to how 'youseriousbro?' some of the modifications were. We weren't doing too bad when about 3/4's through the engine decided it was going to throw a connecting rod through the side of the block and ignite the oil.

The car was white/pink with rainbow designs and a bunch of stupid crap on it. Done up to look like a unicorn. They're picky on who races due to the amount of applications. You have to bring some fun to the table and catch their eye. I believe our application said "We're a bunch of a-holes with a s***** car that farts out bubble gum".

We put this in our fuel to give it a bubble gum scent http://www.jegs.com/i/Manhattan-Oil/659/00044/10002/-1?parentProductId=746462

Definitely some of the best money I've ever spent and some of the most fun I've ever had. Dad was driving at the time the engine blew. We had a lot of aerodynamic (like it mattered) body work on the car to try to help with the slip streaming and fuel economy. You'd be surprised actually on the car being a bit quicker with a more aerodynamic nose at times...

We're trying to get 2 teams and cars together for next time we enter so my father and I can have a battle. I'd definitely wipe the floor with him. He missed a shift a few times, I think that's because 3rd gear would rarely engage though.

You should really read the rules section, it's hysterical.

Here's some funny crap about the $500 price and a hysterical rule:

4.1.1: Lame-Ass Rationalizations: Cars that "should be" worth $500 don't count; cars that "were worth $500" before you spent another $2000 to fix them don't count; cars you've owned for 20 years and spent more than $500 on during that time don't count; "it would have been worth $500 if it didn't already have a cage" doesn't count. Five hundred dollars means five hundred frickin' dollars.
4.1.2: Lame-Ass Rationalizations About Parts: Same deal. "Free" parts, parts given to you by your buddies, parts left lying around the shop...that crap doesn't impress us. It's worth whatever the last real guy paid in the last real purchase. Don't think you're clever.

6.3: Why Am I Upside-Down? Rule: You're upside-down because you have no business being out on a racetrack. Any driver who puts a car on its roof is out for 12 months. Any car that rolls during a race will be removed from the race.

User Info: Hillbilly_Smurf

Hillbilly_Smurf
5 years ago#192
I'll always be remembered as post #192
Dear Rockstar: Please make a new "The Warriors". Thanks, peace.

User Info: xFrostxPhoenix

xFrostxPhoenix
5 years ago#193
Most people buy headsets for Call of Duty, and from there, they expand upon the uses of their headsets, and then try to justify there costs by saying they bought them for other reason. Just be honest with yourself lol. You intentionally bought them for CoD, and now you use them for other things :P .
Personally, I still think it's a useless purchase, but then again I don't spend all this time that some of you all do with your xboxes, and I have X42s. I have work, college, gf, and friends, and I barely have time to play any games :(
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.

User Info: DarkPizzel

DarkPizzel
5 years ago#194
Wow this thread got way off topic...

Turned into a e peen/ e green argument.
Q9300@2.8 ghz , Msi 750i P7N, 4gb gskill
MSI gtx 560 Ti Twin Frozer Win 7 64 bit

User Info: Mr_Cumberdale

Mr_Cumberdale
5 years ago#195
Have you guys seen pwnstarzdotcom and Insomulus play? Those guys are just as accurate/fast as controllers can get. XIM also has the same turn speed limits as controller so technically they are not 'better'. Maybe easier to use, but not as good as a normal mouse.

User Info: JSpilla

JSpilla
5 years ago#196
Hillbilly_Smurf posted...
I'll always be remembered as post #192

You made history this day, Hillbilly_Smurf.

User Info: Darxide

Darxide
5 years ago#197
The advantage with a kb/mouse isn't really "aim" speed, it's the ability to make small adjustments to your aim. An analog stick simply isn't as precise, and if you use the right stick to adjust aim, you will likely over compensate, even with sticky aim. Ever notice how high-level players use the left stick to make adjustments while they are shooting?

User Info: RandomTramp

RandomTramp
5 years ago#198
I'll just say that using kb/m is clearly cheating, as Treyarch have ruled it as such. That's not debatable. The headphones argument is just a red herring as headphones are permitted within the CoD rule set.

People using this control method are severely lacking in sportsmanship, at the very least, and it confers an advantage (whether slight or not) over those who - through an ethical sense of fair play or due to financial constraints - choose to abide by the rules.
In fact, Unpleasant milk already summed it up pretty well.

Hopefully I can say that much without being incorrectly labelled as poor, a kid, or 'butthurt'.

User Info: __redxiii__

__redxiii__
5 years ago#199
ihaveyahoorares posted...
__redxiii__ posted...
I just did, I don't see how any car under $500 besides a toyota could handle that.

Haha. You'd be surprised at what people run in that series. Old BMWs, Benz', TONS of Crown Victorias. We had a 1996 Honda Civic EX with like 280k miles on it that was beat to hell and back. Interior was shot to hell, ripped stained and smelly, dinged and dented to all hell and back,, in fact it was hit in the rear quarterpanel and bumper lol. Picked it up for $350. Sold a few parts off of it for $100. Invested the other 250 into brakes, rigged suspension components and crappy engine related things and a quick ECU reflash. We were revving that little POS to over 8,000 RPMs to get the most power out of it. Honestly surprised it made it past tech inspection due to how 'youseriousbro?' some of the modifications were. We weren't doing too bad when about 3/4's through the engine decided it was going to throw a connecting rod through the side of the block and ignite the oil.

The car was white/pink with rainbow designs and a bunch of stupid crap on it. Done up to look like a unicorn. They're picky on who races due to the amount of applications. You have to bring some fun to the table and catch their eye. I believe our application said "We're a bunch of a-holes with a s***** car that farts out bubble gum".

We put this in our fuel to give it a bubble gum scent http://www.jegs.com/i/Manhattan-Oil/659/00044/10002/-1?parentProductId=746462

Definitely some of the best money I've ever spent and some of the most fun I've ever had. Dad was driving at the time the engine blew. We had a lot of aerodynamic (like it mattered) body work on the car to try to help with the slip streaming and fuel economy. You'd be surprised actually on the car being a bit quicker with a more aerodynamic nose at times...

We're trying to get 2 teams and cars together for next time we enter so my father and I can have a battle. I'd definitely wipe the floor with him. He missed a shift a few times, I think that's because 3rd gear would rarely engage though.

You should really read the rules section, it's hysterical.

Here's some funny crap about the $500 price and a hysterical rule:

4.1.1: Lame-Ass Rationalizations: Cars that "should be" worth $500 don't count; cars that "were worth $500" before you spent another $2000 to fix them don't count; cars you've owned for 20 years and spent more than $500 on during that time don't count; "it would have been worth $500 if it didn't already have a cage" doesn't count. Five hundred dollars means five hundred frickin' dollars.
4.1.2: Lame-Ass Rationalizations About Parts: Same deal. "Free" parts, parts given to you by your buddies, parts left lying around the shop...that crap doesn't impress us. It's worth whatever the last real guy paid in the last real purchase. Don't think you're clever.

6.3: Why Am I Upside-Down? Rule: You're upside-down because you have no business being out on a racetrack. Any driver who puts a car on its roof is out for 12 months. Any car that rolls during a race will be removed from the race.

Do you have to bring all the paperwork on that? I mean the selling parts and adding new ones. Or is there an inspector at the tracks? And the race lasts for 24 hours?
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Wow, using keyboard and mouse vs console players = EZ mode.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived