• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
  3. Can't win a single race on hard mode. Need help badly.

User Info: Big D2

Big D2
5 years ago#1
I love the design and feel of this game, but it is way, way harder than I was expecting. I managed to win one race on hard mode to get the 3 star ranking, but I haven't managed it again since. I have trouble winning races on any class above C.

I've read all about the importance of drifting, and I can sort of make it work, but I can never seem to get higher than 3rd place, and when I do, I get item'd to death. It seems like anytime I can get anything going in a race, I get hit with multiple items, and end up at the back of the pack. I don't use items at all, because of the advice on these boards, and they don't seem to help me much anyway...but they certainly seem to help the AI opponents a lot.

Also, I keep falling behind on the boat and plane segments of the races. I can't seem to pull off a proper drift boost in my boat, and the boat physics completely throw me off. Plus, I have trouble finding ways to drift that don't involve me scraping the walls while trying to build up a boost.

I've been playing the same course (The Panzer Dragoon one) for hours, and I still can't seem to figure it out. In short, how do you not suck at this game above easy mode?

User Info: Oemenia

Oemenia
5 years ago#2
Me too, the truth is the game's driving and weapon system are weak.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
  3. Can't win a single race on hard mode. Need help badly.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A