• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
  3. Why is the career mode so hard? (SPOILERS)

User Info: gameghy555

gameghy555
6 years ago#1
I got the expert mode and man this game is hard. Hard mode was bad enough, but expert?
PSN: MoHSalim

User Info: RockyLight

RockyLight
6 years ago#2
Traffic attacks on expert were quite challenging.
| )_________
| \ockyLight

gameghy555
6 years ago#3
I find the drifitng and racing harder

User Info: DarkAdonis123

DarkAdonis123
6 years ago#4
It's obnoxiously designed AI.

-They only attack you the player
-They get speed boosts for absolutely no reason
-They recover from getting hit with items almost instantly

The AI also has no regard for itself. Racers go out of their way to ram you, even if it's going to result in them going off the edge too. The AI's goal is to keep you from coming in first at all cost, and it uses extremely unfair tactics to do this.
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue

User Info: EALionheart

EALionheart
6 years ago#5
The AI on expert maintains your top speed, you HAVE to hit boosts and use weapons wisely, as well as knowing the courses inside and out, in order to beat them. It is possible to win fairly consistently, but I love having a difficulty that brings with it the high stakes of having a chance to lose. No one should ever feel bad playing this game on lower difficulty settings.
You can't take the sky from me.

gameghy555
6 years ago#6
EALionheart posted...
The AI on expert maintains your top speed, you HAVE to hit boosts and use weapons wisely, as well as knowing the courses inside and out, in order to beat them. It is possible to win fairly consistently, but I love having a difficulty that brings with it the high stakes of having a chance to lose. No one should ever feel bad playing this game on lower difficulty settings.

I want to gain all the characters, mods, etc.

User Info: EALionheart

EALionheart
6 years ago#7
Well, power to you then. The only thing I don't have is AGES console mod, and I can live with that, but there really should have been other ways to unlock stuff, similar to how Super Smash Bros. Brawl unlocked characters a couple different ways.
You can't take the sky from me.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
  3. Why is the career mode so hard? (SPOILERS)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A