Cheaters : the blacklist !

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: megasoniczxx

megasoniczxx
5 years ago#41
ValkyrieXVIII posted...
Haku posted...
ValkyrieXVIII posted...
Haku posted...

Problem is, it seems to be getting to a point where you spend more time jumping lobbies, than playing. I must have jumped 5-6 times tonight, not because of cheaters, but because people keep leaving.

Full lobby, win X races in a row = empty lobby
:(

^ This is why I really don't like the rating system, and its not even that, people just leave cause they're losing at all rating levels. I would've liked it more if they just kept track of how many times you got in 1st and total races.

I think Mario Kart got it right with the stats. Every one you beat =win, everyone that beats you=lose. Seems to work quite well. Here that would mean in a 10 person race, even if you kept coming 2nd, you would get 8 wins and 1 loss.

Seems to keep people around on Mario Kart, I think or could work here. Alternatively, could just do away with the rankings, that normally encourages people to stay & try out different combos, rather than sticking with just their safe pick.

I like this system but this would really suck for new comers to the game, although it mind boggles the hell out of me why allot of people won't even bother to practice in the main campaign, I be seeing players with 00:00 time played and think wth are you doing Match Making?

Having no rating system is what I think I remember hearing people complaining about in the first game so we do need some kind of system that indicates our skill. Maybe we have place %? It'd look something like this.

1st Place 63%
2nd Place 25%
3rd Place 7%
4th ~ 10th 5%

Races Completed 142/188

^ This way we could indicate how many times the person has left a room. Or reward penalties for not completing races like

1 quit no punishment
2 quits can't race for 10 minutes
3 quits can't race for 15 minutes

^ Repeat 3rd offense ? After an hour it resets.

@megasoniczxx

Nope I don't understand a bit of Spanish, I think I've declined like 4 friend request from him lmao !

Crap, I wish the PS3 just had some type of translator or something.

User Info: The_Gangster69

The_Gangster69
5 years ago#42
JoeHollywood2011 - in the arena lobby all day and night. Quits every time he loses.

one time he was in 3rd place out of 9 people and he still quit. I don't understand how you can play the game so much and still suck?

User Info: ValkyrieXVIII

ValkyrieXVIII
5 years ago#43
The_Gangster69 posted...
JoeHollywood2011 - in the arena lobby all day and night. Quits every time he loses.

one time he was in 3rd place out of 9 people and he still quit. I don't understand how you can play the game so much and still suck?

^ Unfortunate, when I played him he was fine, of course he doesn't lose rating losing to me, but when I leave rooms ( not games, just rooms ) I'm always afraid of losing points hahahaha ! *Sweats*

User Info: DarkAdonis123

DarkAdonis123
5 years ago#44
rekyoha posted...
Here's a few on the 360 side- Sowinia90, AboveOmnipotent, SpeedHedgehog05

He is literally in my lobby at this very moment on 360. 1836 is his rating. Let's see if he stays in.

EDIT: LOL! returned to lobby in the second lap.
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue

User Info: Haku

Haku
5 years ago#45
ValkyrieXVIII posted...

( 1 ) That glitch is very unstable, sometimes when you do it and get passed up during the 30 seconds, the game will sometime put you in your rightful place, that's why in BlackBlur's video he left the room. That glitch in itself is glitched, NEVER do it unless you're very very far away from your opponents.

This glitch seems to be spreading and seems to be able to be done on other tracks. I have had it done to me multiple times on Dragon Canyon and just now on Graffiti City.

I have worked out how it places you though. If people make it to the finish, they are placed in the order they did and the person who glitched gets placed between those and the DNFs. Replicated multiple times (the result, not the glitch). Every time it has happened, I have been far enough ahead to get to the line and it has put me first. One time I got across with 4 seconds to spare, the person directly behind me, did not make it. Results were, I was 1st, glitcher was 2nd, everyone else DNF.

Anyway. Ronic seems to have changed his/her methods. They now seem to have a friend sonic__99- (I think that's how it was done) and will gang up/not shoot each other to try and get 1 & 2. They both drop out though, so not sure the point.

Ronic also seems to have gone over to straight up cheating. Was next to them, they picked up an item. Swarm icon appeared above their head, then they went all-star instead.
(message deleted)

ValkyrieXVIII
5 years ago#47
That's usually what happens when friends are brought into the mix, I've had that happen to me a few times with "Racer55" and his buddy "Racer55(1)" people who bring in friends usually try to gank people and its far worse in Arena. At anyrate we all know Ronic is a terrible sore loser is why I never put in much of an effort to stay away from him. I also think the rating system might be bugged ( capped at 2146 ) although I really need to jump back online to confirm this so even if he passed me, there's a chance he'll get -2146 once he wins at this rating.

If only Sumo would implement a fixed rating system... I really would not mind going back to 1000 rating if that's what it took to fix it.

Haku
5 years ago#48
ValkyrieXVIII posted...
That's usually what happens when friends are brought into the mix, I've had that happen to me a few times with "Racer55" and his buddy "Racer55(1)" people who bring in friends usually try to gank people and its far worse in Arena. At anyrate we all know Ronic is a terrible sore loser is why I never put in much of an effort to stay away from him. I also think the rating system might be bugged ( capped at 2146 ) although I really need to jump back online to confirm this so even if he passed me, there's a chance he'll get -2146 once he wins at this rating.

If only Sumo would implement a fixed rating system... I really would not mind going back to 1000 rating if that's what it took to fix it.

I seem to run into them quite often. I'm guessing they are in Europe, so play at the same time. I'm not bothered about playing them, just letting people know, so they can watch out for the attempted double team.

It will take him forever to pass you (your ice87 right?). Hardly gets any wins, and when they do it's +3 or so. Makes me laugh, has put in loads of hours, brings a friend, straight up cheats and still is bad enough to lose more often than not.

I guess that's what happens when you avoid competition though.

I would be quite happy if they reset and fixed the rating. The only problem that would cause though, is inflated stats. I have 245-250 losses (can't remember exact number), most of them were when I had just started playing. If it was reset and start over, my losses would be much, much lower.

ValkyrieXVIII
5 years ago#49
Haku posted...
ValkyrieXVIII posted...

(1) I seem to run into them quite often. I'm guessing they are in Europe, so play at the same time. I'm not bothered about playing them, just letting people know, so they can watch out for the attempted double team.

(2) It will take him forever to pass you (your ice87 right?). Hardly gets any wins, and when they do it's +3 or so. Makes me laugh, has put in loads of hours, brings a friend, straight up cheats and still is bad enough to lose more often than not.

(3) I guess that's what happens when you avoid competition though.

(4) I would be quite happy if they reset and fixed the rating. The only problem that would cause though, is inflated stats. I have 245-250 losses (can't remember exact number), most of them were when I had just started playing. If it was reset and start over, my losses would be much, much lower.

( 1 ) I very seldom race against higher rating players because they usually leave after I beat them once or like Koni-Knuckles, disappear as soon as I show up 120% of the time.

( 2 ) That depends, not many people are afraid of him so I'd imagine its allot easier for him to get higher rating players than I do, nobody stays long when I'm in the room which constantly results in the game lag scoring me back ( reducing 1 or 2 pts which amounts to 6 or 7 races played ) which can be enormously frustrating. However, I don't care much anymore since I become addicted to Time Trial and MeeMee *blushes*

( 3 ) Not at all, I can be playing Sly 3 Trilogy or Sony Battle Royale an some random goofball will send me a message telling me they beat my record in something or friend request to invite me to races, I have played and lost to allot of people such as Sumomo_Zuki and Yolachi7 << he is a beast so I take all challenges whenever I feel like playing Sonic races.

( 4 ) Reset W/L ratios? All my loses came from when I already had practice from getting 100% completion in the WII U version of this game so I got no excuses :P

Haku
5 years ago#50
ValkyrieXVIII posted...

( 2 ) That depends, not many people are afraid of him so I'd imagine its allot easier for him to get higher rating players than I do, nobody stays long when I'm in the room which constantly results in the game lag scoring me back ( reducing 1 or 2 pts which amounts to 6 or 7 races played ) which can be enormously frustrating. However, I don't care much anymore since I become addicted to Time Trial and MeeMee *blushes*

( 3 ) Not at all, I can be playing Sly 3 Trilogy or Sony Battle Royale an some random goofball will send me a message telling me they beat my record in something or friend request to invite me to races, I have played and lost to allot of people such as Sumomo_Zuki and Yolachi7 << he is a beast so I take all challenges whenever I feel like playing Sonic races.

The dropping of points can be avoided if you just wait a while before hitting matchmaking again. It seems to take a while to upload your new points when you leave a lobby, but does it instantly when you have another race. So if you go back in and race again, you'll never get the points that it took away/reset whatever.

I did not mean you avoid competition. I meant ronic does. High points + friend + cheats and still loses, must be what happens when you avoid competition. I probably should not have spaced it from my previous sentence, but it's 1:30 am here, so meh.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived