• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. My wishlist for the rumored sequel.
Returning characters: all characters from this game including dlc

Newcomers:

Dart Feld (Legend of Dragoon)

Dr. Nefarius (Ratchet and clank series)

Captain Qwark (Ratchet and clank series)

Carmelita Fox (Sly Cooper series)

Master Onion (Parappa series)

Lammy (Um Jammer Lammy/Parappa series)

Chimera Hybrid (Resistance series)

Spectre (Ape Escape series)

Raven (Gravity Rush)

Yunica (Gravity Rush)

Victor "GOSHDARN" Sullivan (Uncharted series)

Sasha (Infamous)

Kuo (Infamous 2)

Delsin Rowe (Infamous Second Son)

Spyro

Crash Bandicoot

Calypso (Twisted Metal)

Deimos (God of War Ghost of Sparta)

Aloy (Horizon Zero Dawn)

Joel and Ellie (The Last of Us. Joel and Ellie can function like the Ice Climbers in Smash Bros)

Jersey Devil (Jersey Devil)

Blasto (Blasto)

Third-Party Newcomers:

Classic Dante (not really a newcomer, but he replaces the crap version of Dante we have now)

Solid Snake

Alucard (Castlevania Symphony of the Night)

Either Zhao Yun or Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors series)

Either Jill Valentine or Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil series)

Cloud Strife (if any Final Fantasy character should get in it should be Cloud because FF7 is the best selling PS1 RPG game of that era)

Commander Shepard/female Shepard (he/she could be similar to Emmet Graves and switch weapons, but instead of waiting for a drop pod, Shepard switches weapons instantly)

Megaman X (X is the version of Megaman primarily used during the PS1 and PS2 eras)

Edward Falcon (Power Stone series)

Tomba (Tomba series)

Since Capcom is rumored to be working on the sequel, it would be awesome if Edward Falcon was one of the playable reps that they choose.
Lets make Waluigi playable in Smash Bros Ultimate!
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-add-waluigi-to-smash-bros-switch

User Info: Yggdrasille

Yggdrasille
1 year ago#2
Imo, nice roster overall, but there are certain problems with it too, as in:

Sully would be another clone of Drake unless you specify how he will differentiate from him.

Gravity Rush is kind of obscure enough to have three reps, so Kat and Raven should suffice.

Sasha from inFamous is too obscure to be her own character, if you are going specifically for the inFamous 1 villain rep, it should be Kessler instead.

While Deimos would be nice for another GoW rep, I think he is kind of obscure as well as irrelevant for the overall GoW lore, so maybe it should be Hades, Ares or Athena intead?

Both Blasto and Jersey Devil are waaayyy too obscure to be included here, imo, they should be replaced with Bloodborne and Ghost of Tsushima reps (I know, the irony).

While I love Musou games, I believe they are too obscure in the general PS fans' minds to have their own characters, so maybe replace them with more popular franchise like Street Fighter or SoulCalibur?

I think Shepard would be too similar to other gun-using characters like Emmet Graves, Isaac Clarke, Radec etc., so I think they should use a biotic-type character for ME rep like Liara.

Both Falcon and Tomba are really irrelevant characters now, they would be replaced with someone from currently ongoing franchises (more SF characters, most likely).
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Ygdrasille.png
Favourite games: Tales of Xillia 1/2, Trails of Cold Steel 1/2, Suikoden V, Shadow Hearts 2, Valkyrie Profile 2

User Info: WaluigitheGreat

WaluigitheGreat
1 year ago#3
I thought I would do something different with the Capcom reps by adding Edward Falcon. Ryu is in soo many crossover fighters including Smash Bros that he will play exactly how you would expect him to. Adding Edward Falcon will be a nice change of pace and if Falcon is well received, Capcom may potentially revive the Power Stone series (same thing with adding Tomba and potentially reviving the Tomba series). It's really dumb that Capcom stop making Power Stone games after 2. Capcom is sitting on a gold mine with the Power Stone series and we haven't gotten a new entry into the series since the Dreamcast era.

Also, Kessler is just Cole Macgrath from the future. (Good) Cole's dlc costume in this game is Kessler just so you know.
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: Yggdrasille

Yggdrasille
1 year ago#4
I totally agree about Power Stone, I love those games too, would love to see a remake or even a remaster (that's one of the few rare examples of a remaster that we actually need) of the first two games or better even a sequel. As for a SF rep, they don't need to use Ryu every time, as I said above, they can use Chun-Li to diverse things a bit since she is the second most popular character in the franchise.

I know who Kessler is, but it doesn't mean he can't be his own character in PSASBR. I mean, he can have totally different battle style given his ability to teleport and manipulate time to certain extent. And besides, Deimos is also used as Kratos' alternate skin in the original game, so you kind of contradict yourself if you are saying that Deimos can be his own character and Kessler can't.
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Ygdrasille.png
Favourite games: Tales of Xillia 1/2, Trails of Cold Steel 1/2, Suikoden V, Shadow Hearts 2, Valkyrie Profile 2
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: WaluigitheGreat

WaluigitheGreat
1 year ago#5
Yggdrasille posted...
I know who Kessler is, but it doesn't mean he can't be his own character in PSASBR. I mean, he can have totally different battle style given his ability to teleport and manipulate time to certain extent. And besides, Deimos is also used as Kratos' alternate skin in the original game, so you kind of contradict yourself if you are saying that Deimos can be his own character and Kessler can't.

True however, Deimos' primary weapon of choice is a spear and shield. Before he gets the spear and shield, Deimos uses a huge gauntlet in his boss fight.

EDIT: It has been a while since I played the first Infamous, so I looked up the Kessler boss fight. Kessler has super speed, a huge lightning blast, can make huge projections of himself that makes Cole hallucinate on contact, can make assist drones in the middle of combat, has an earthquake attack, and can pull/throw you from a distance with his electricity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Raa8YPRUwvk
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: SSBR10

SSBR10
9 months ago#6
I know this rumor isn't true but if it was, they should definitely use Ryu for a Street Fighter rep. He's a far more iconic character and represents SF better than any other character. Falcon is way too obscure and his appearance would likely cause a negative reaction like with Big Daddy and Isaac Clark. It's best to have Ryu in the roster. After all, Sony did fund SFV and even included three of their own characters on SFxT.

So it's much better to have Ryu. No matter how many crossovers he's been in already.
Crossovers I want: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale 2, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom, Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat, and Tekken vs. Dead or Alive/Virtua Fighter
(edited 9 months ago)

User Info: nightwing3415

nightwing3415
1 month ago#7
Spyro and crash definitely
toomba, blasto, and jersey devil would be nice to try and revive them. I mean how many people knew about characters like ness before smash?
FC: 2509-3702-6687 IGN TRAE TSV: AS 0159 Y 2486 switch: SW-2123-90928731 http://tinyurl.com/nrbuer5
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. My wishlist for the rumored sequel.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A