GS review 6.5/10

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Thunder097

Thunder097
5 years ago#11
The_Djoker posted...
I'm glad it got that score.

Sony don't deserve high score for trying to rip off and "changing" successful Nintendo franchise's. LB kart racing was very average and so is this. Note to Sony. Make original games and stop copying Nintendo for once in your damn lives.

Stop riding nintendo u nintendro
Waiting for:Injustice God Among Us,PSASBR and The Last of Us! PSN-Thunder097 Official New Dante of the PSASBR board.

User Info: Gamenamebully

Gamenamebully
5 years ago#12
The_Djoker posted...

Sony don't deserve high score for trying to rip off and "changing" successful Nintendo franchise's. LB kart racing was very average and so is this. Note to Sony. Make original games and stop copying Nintendo for once in your damn lives.

It's impossible to be truly original. Besides I want the Mascot Brawler genre to flourish. I'd rather have more of them than just one.

You can't be 100% original. So I guess there goes the Game Industry.
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully

User Info: kupo1705

kupo1705
5 years ago#13
'It's too complex'

Seriously?

User Info: SpacePirateKhan

SpacePirateKhan
5 years ago#14
Capitan_Kid posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
Can you link the written review if there is one? Or summarize the video review?

I'm curious to hear what their complaints were.

inb4presentationisbad

One of the complaints that stuck out is that it tries to do a lot of things but doesnt do them well. It's got an identity crisis.

So.. they accidentally reviewed Brawl instead of PSASBR?
www.change.org/petitions/superbot-make-the-king-of-all-cosmos-a-dlc-character-2
King of all Cosmos (Katamari) for PSASBR!

User Info: blaze19_0X

blaze19_0X
5 years ago#15
kupo1705 posted...
>it's too complex

Seriously?

Typical Gamespot. This wouldn't be the first time they gave a game a bad score because they couldn't understand how to play it.

And lol @ calling this complex (for the basic inputs) in the first place. In terms of entrance learning curve, this has to be one of the simplest fighters ever. Far simpler than Smash.
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

User Info: IcyFlamez96

IcyFlamez96
5 years ago#16
GS always rates harsh. They gave Infamous 2 and Skyward Sword a 7.

And they gave Tools of Destruction a 7 for too much variety.
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
# of times krat0s didn't appropriately update my K count: 20+ :'[

User Info: The_Djoker

The_Djoker
5 years ago#17
The_Djoker posted...

Stop riding nintendo u nintendro

Go to the Wii U board and tell people I ride Nintendo. The wii u is garbage right now. I don't care for Nintendo. But it's just sad to see that cmpany that produces great IP's like God of War and Uncharted has to sink to this level. Especially with the LBP Karting stuff. It's a shame.
http://s12.postimage.org/8orxdffrv/ps4golden.png

User Info: Chzrm3

Chzrm3
5 years ago#18
Capitan_Kid posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

inb4presentationisbad

One of the complaints that stuck out is that it tries to do a lot of things but doesnt do them well. It's got an identity crisis.

Wow, that's bogus. It tries to do three things - fun multiplayer, a single player that teaches you how to play the game, and an arcade mode.

When it comes to that, it does two of those things (multiplayer and tutorials/trials) EXCEPTIONALLY well. The story mode isn't great but so what? This is a fighting game.

Still, the point is the game tries to do 3 things, and absolutely nails 2 of them.

I'm not gonna click the review though, don't wanna give them hits.
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.

User Info: chapnzaba

chapnzaba
5 years ago#19
IcyFlamez96 posted...
GS always rates harsh. They gave Infamous 2 and Skyward Sword a 7.

And they gave Tools of Destruction a 7 for too much variety.

Yeah, exactly why I don't think they're credible. I truly believe that they give very hyped games reviews way off the metascore in order to get more page views. It's actually pretty smart when you think about it.
PSN: Chapnzaba

User Info: Rip3465

Rip3465
5 years ago#20
blaze19_0X posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

inb4presentationisbad

And what exactly does it say it doesn't do well? Last I checkd the gameplay, online, combat trials and stages are all really sold.

Sotry mode. It's a massively wasted oppurtunity.
Theres a knife wielding sociopath living in my basement.
But it's okay, he helps out with the chores.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived