• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pro Evolution Soccer 2013
  3. this game is truly shambolic

User Info: bradfactor

bradfactor
7 years ago#1
i've loved PES since ISS Pro 98, and bought every game till PES2008 when it started going downhill. I heard this had been a return to form, and was well excited to get it. But it truly is the same old ****. Konami need to sort it out, its just so broken. On the rare occasion it works, you can see the beauty and potential shining through. But unfortunately, it really is broken in too many ways. Im going to take it back, which I don't want to, but its just not fun.
The artist formerly known as Bruudlinho.

User Info: bionicman_3090

bionicman_3090
7 years ago#2
This is my first PES game. Consider the fact that since '99, I've been a FIFA supporter but PES 2013 actually resembles real life in more ways than FIFA can ever hope to.

I find that Super-Star difficulty is pseudo difficulty where the game turns into You and 10 dodos vs 11 super-human AI. On lower settings, the game actually plays fair and you can have great fun.

On a curious note, what's it that's bothering you about this game?
"Take your best shot, Flatlander woman". JC Denton.

User Info: Bosniak10

Bosniak10
7 years ago#3
This game has its obvious issues but I am in no way..EVER..going back to FIFA. That games physics engine is more of a problem than anything in PES.
There is no such thing as Atheism.

User Info: bradfactor

bradfactor
7 years ago#4
Yeh, I'm not saying I'm going to get FIFA, just going to be happy with nothing. Finishing is terrible, unless you use manual aim, which I cba doing. Defending can be a bit woeful, especially with good players on computers team skipping through your entire defence. The broken crossing annoys me. And obviously the cheap difficulty at higher levels.
The artist formerly known as Bruudlinho.

bionicman_3090
7 years ago#5
bradfactor posted...
Yeh, I'm not saying I'm going to get FIFA, just going to be happy with nothing. Finishing is terrible, unless you use manual aim, which I cba doing. Defending can be a bit woeful, especially with good players on computers team skipping through your entire defence. The broken crossing annoys me. And obviously the cheap difficulty at higher levels.

Finishing is way better and easier in this version than the previous ones. You have a great option which you can't be bothered with and yet you complain. You have 4 different ways to shoot - (1) Direction + shoot - Regular shot (power-based) (2) Modifier + shoot - curled shot (3) Tap shoot + another tap just before the player makes contact with the ball - knuckle shot (4) Modifier with no direction + Shoot with low power + aim straight at the defender - Nutmeg shot.

There are 3 different ways to perform a standing tackle along with sliding tackle. You can also bring your team mate to help you double-team the ball carrier. How much more versatility do you need?

Crossing is very precise. I don't see how you can say that it's broken. I've scored more headers 'cause of pin-point crossing. The manual pass mode helps a lot as well (though it is difficult to master). And again, you have 3 different types of crosses to choose from - (1) single tap based on power - Regular cross (2) Double tap - short, quick cross to the near post (3) Triple tap - low, driven cross (speed based on the power).

The only thing I agree with you is the cheap difficulty but that's a problem only on "Super-star" setting. Anything lower results in a fair match between you and the CPU. Stick with it, man. Use all the different techniques that I've mentioned and you'll love the game.

User Info: roperpoker

roperpoker
7 years ago#6
This game is back on track, love it - not sure why you believe last years showing but each to their own.

I'll confess that crossing isn't easy - but i'm crossing with dud MLO players so that's why really.
The only time MacMillan was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistake. - ( ')
ARTE ET LABORE

User Info: Psycko101

Psycko101
7 years ago#7
Ur complaints only show that u didn't bother to learn how to play it and just prefer to blame the game for ur short comings.geezs

Learn how to play the game and u will enjoy it.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."-Dr Samuel Johnson

User Info: lewyp06

lewyp06
7 years ago#8
I can truly say that I prefer this to FIFA 13, every part of the gameplay just seems better than FIFA, leaps and bounds better than last years
"I just beat Mag-freaking-neto! Where yo curleh mustache at?"

bionicman_3090
7 years ago#9
The AI is just stunning, too. I mean, I've been playing BAL and unlike FIFA, I don't have to beg and scream for the ball. My AI team mates gladly pass the ball to me if I make a great run into space. Even crossing is immaculate. I play as a SS and when I make a darting run into the box ahead of my marker, the winger plays a neat cross, just perfect enough for me to attack it and score a header/volley. It's just perfect.

The only downside here is when I play a through-ball down the middle, my CF team mate doesn't want to run with the ball onto the goal. Maybe it's 'cause he's Rickie Lambert XD. The guy is dynamite in the box but not too "sprinty". But he does play a lot of 1-2's with me and lays the ball off for me fire a scorcher.

The Player ID is another great thing about PES. EA advertise this but get nowhere near the acceptable standard. PES has got it spot on. Different players behave like their real-life counterparts and this in-turn results in different teams playing with their own brand of football unlike FIFA where even teams like Adelaide Utd to West Brom all play like Barca (tiki-taka) with absolutely no difference.
  1. Boards
  2. Pro Evolution Soccer 2013
  3. this game is truly shambolic
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A