• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. New Super Mario Bros. 2
  3. Hints and Tips *SPOILERS*

User Info: keisuke999

keisuke999
6 years ago#1
How to Get 5 stars by your save Data

1 - Clear the Game (beat world 6)
2 - Gather all Star coins in Worlds 1-6 and Mushroom/Flower Worlds
3 - Gather all Moon Coins in the Star World
4 - Open all paths (the ones that cost 5 coins, as well as finding all hidden exits)
5 - Get 3 crowns (this means getting 1110 extra lives - 1000 1 crown, 1100 2 crowns, 1110 3 crowns. Mario/Luigi willalso take their hats off)

Unlimited 1ups

Same as Mario on the NES. Go to Mushroom World course 1, the place where the first star coin is.

Stand on top of the stairs and wait for the noko noko. Go down to the second or third step and wait for the noko noko to reach you. Jump on it lightly (not hitting jump when you hit it) and then it should bounce off the wall and Mario will keep jumping on it, allowing you to get 3 crowns in a few minutes.

Rainbow Courses

These courses give you a bunch of coins and a golden flower.

•W1 - time remaining when reaching the goal X11 (X means any number)
•W2 - X22
•W3 - X33
•W4 - X44
•W5 - X55
•W6 - X66
•Mushroom - X77
•Flower - X88
•Star - X99

Play as Luigi

Load your save data while holding L and R (not sure if you have to clear the game first or not...)

Golden Blocks

These will appear on the world map every 200,000 points.

Speed Runnning

The shortest route:
1-1,
1-2,
1-3,
1-Tower - Hidden Exit
1-Cannon
Mushroom-1 - Regular Exit
Mushroom-2,
Mushroom-Haunted Mansion - Hidden Exit
Mushroom-B,
Mushroom-Cannon,
Flower - Hidden Exit
Flower - A
Flower - Cannon,
6-1,
6-Haunted Mansion - Hidden Exit
6-A,
6-Tower,
6-4,
6-5,
6-Final

After Clearing the Star World

The Star world will appear in Coin Rush Mode
Mushroom Houses will never disappear, allowing you to use them as much as you want

User Info: gamestar3000

gamestar3000
6 years ago#2
you should submit it to make a "cheats" section
"noob" is "boon" spelled backwards, what is another word for baboon? Boon. That's your nature lesson

keisuke999
6 years ago#3
keisuke999 posted...
How to Get 5 stars by your save Data

1 - Clear the Game (beat world 6)
2 - Gather all Star coins in Worlds 1-6 and Mushroom/Flower Worlds
3 - Gather all Moon Coins in the Star World
4 - Open all paths (the ones that cost 5 coins, as well as finding all hidden exits)
5 - Get 3 crowns (this means getting 1110 extra lives - 1000 1 crown, 1100 2 crowns, 1110 3 crowns. Mario/Luigi willalso take their hats off)

Unlimited 1ups

Same as Mario on the NES. Go to Mushroom World course 1, the place where the first star coin is.

Stand on top of the stairs and wait for the noko noko. Go down to the second or third step and wait for the noko noko to reach you. Jump on it lightly (not hitting jump when you hit it) and then it should bounce off the wall and Mario will keep jumping on it, allowing you to get 3 crowns in a few minutes.

Rainbow Courses

These courses give you a bunch of coins and a golden flower.

•W1 - time remaining when reaching the goal X11 (X means any number)
•W2 - X22
•W3 - X33
•W4 - X44
•W5 - X55
•W6 - X66
•Mushroom - X77
•Flower - X88
•Star - X99

Play as Luigi

Load your save data while holding L and R (not sure if you have to clear the game first or not...)

Golden Blocks

These will appear on the world map every 200,000 points.

Speed Runnning

The shortest route:
1-1,
1-2,
1-3,
1-Tower - Hidden Exit
1-Cannon
Mushroom-1 - Regular Exit
Mushroom-2,
Mushroom-Haunted Mansion - Hidden Exit
Mushroom-B,
Mushroom-Cannon,
Flower - Hidden Exit
Flower - A
Flower - Cannon,
6-1,
6-Haunted Mansion - Hidden Exit
6-A,
6-Tower,
6-4,
6-5,
6-Final

After Clearing the Star World

The Star world will appear in Coin Rush Mode
Mushroom Houses will never disappear, allowing you to use them as much as you want

Forgot two more things.

Golden Blocks give you 100 coins.

The maximum number of coins you can get in Coin rush Mode per level is 30,000.

Easy Coins
W2-4 - Go to the second star coin underground area as golden Mario and keep jumping on the Kuribo's.
W5-A - Throw the first shell onto the first boat. Then get the golden ring and lead the noko nokos on to the boat to get hit by the shell.

User Info: SMASHKING84

SMASHKING84
6 years ago#4
So you can confirm that there's is special reward for not dying more then 4 times in a level? that's what i hated about sm3dland i had no idea that that happened and i screwed my self...
The Official Jester of The NDF&Offical Jirachi Of B/W2 BoardJirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:1

SMASHKING84
6 years ago#5
I found this on youtube it's proof you CAN play as luigi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K19rvCYhLzk i still don't know if you have to beat the game to do this or not...
The Official Jester of The NDF&Offical Jirachi Of B/W2 BoardJirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:1

keisuke999
6 years ago#6
SMASHKING84 posted...
So you can confirm that there's is special reward for not dying more then 4 times in a level? that's what i hated about sm3dland i had no idea that that happened and i screwed my self...

There is no punishment or reward for dying or not dying.

SMASHKING84
6 years ago#7
keisuke999 posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...

There is no punishment or reward for dying or not dying.

Thank god. is all i can say i really am not good at mario games so i will probally die at least 5 in at least one level.
My hype is now 100%

keisuke999
6 years ago#8
How to get coins quick and easy

As golden mario, go to world 2 stage 4. Go inside the yellow pipe in the second pyramid and shoot the goombas as they come out.

My best score is 3085 in 5 minutes.

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
6 years ago#9
What?

To get the 5th star you need 1110 lives!

I mean its not it will be hard with all the coins but we are forced to lose the hat!

Thats just evil!
Ching Ching! Gold flower yay! Coin coin coin coin coin-The NSMB2 effect.
Official Special ops beserker general/Virtual patrolman of the NDF

User Info: CircleOfManias

CircleOfManias
6 years ago#10
pikachupwnage posted...
What?

To get the 5th star you need 1110 lives!

I mean its not it will be hard with all the coins but we are forced to lose the hat!

Thats just evil!

Getting an arbitrary number of lives is a trivial task in any Mario game. There's always an infinite-life trick, usually without any player input once you get it going.
Sick liaisons raise this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
  1. Boards
  2. New Super Mario Bros. 2
  3. Hints and Tips *SPOILERS*
  • Topic Archived