• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War: Ascension
  3. GMG's Run Coverage
MrTinkertrain 3 years ago#71
-Yeah, we take an unavoidable ~20DMG just for going through the final cavern prior to the grapple.

-Grapple

Delphi:Python C:Exterior C

-Grapple, navigate and grapple

Delphi:Python C:Interior

-Slide, jump and slide

Delphi:Python C:Exterior D

-Grapple and navigate

Delphi:Python C:Exterior E

-Grapple, swing, slide and jump

-Grapple

Tower of Delphi:Shaft:Exterior

-Navigate

Tower of Delphi:Shaft:Interior

-Navigate

Tower of Delphi:Neck

-Navigate

Tower of Delphi:Head

Manticore

S1 - Nothing notable.

S2 - ...

-Pull

Temple of Delphi:Bridge

-Cross

Temple of Delphi:Front Gate

-Open

Temple of Delphi:Cerberus Mongrel Arena

Temple of Delphi:Mist Gate

-Navigate

Temple of Delphi:Hall

-Navigate

Temple of Delphi:Upper Halls:Eastside Hall

Temple of Delphi:Upper Halls:Eastside Hall:Room A

Temple of Delphi:Upper Halls:Eastside Hall:Room B

Temple of Delphi:Upper Halls:Westside Hall

Temple of Delphi:Upper Halls:Westside Hall:Room A

Temple of Delphi:Upper Halls:Westside Hall:Room B

-Mist

Temple of Delphi:Lower Halls

-Navigate

Temple of Delphi:Lower Halls:Soul Trial

-Pity the spell likes to knock things out of its effective range.

Temple of Delphi:Lower Halls:Catacombs Chamber

Temple of Delphi:Upper Halls:Catacombs Chamber

-Navigate and pull lever

Temple of Delphi:Lower Halls:Catacombs Hall A

-Navigate and cross

Temple of DelphI:Lower Halls:Catacombs Hall B

Temple of Delphi:Lower Halls:Hourglass Puzzle:Chamber

-Navigate

Temple of Delphi:Upper Halls:Hourglass Puzzle:Chamber

-Navigate

Temple of Delphi:Lower Halls:Catacombs Chamber

Temple of Delphi:Upper Halls:Catacombs Chamber

-Navigate

Temple of Delphi:Lower Halls:Hourglass Puzzle:Chamber

-Do puzzle

Temple of Delphi:Oracle's Chamber:Bridge

-Navigate

Temple of Delphi:Oracle's Chamber:Arena

Castor and Pollux

-Toss rock

S1 - Air rock toss looks like a ground one.

S2 - ...

S3 - ...

S4 - ...

S5 - Didn't realize rage dump wasn't altered by his time slow.

S6 - ...

Passage to Delphi:Bridge

-Stomp and get AoU

-Puzzle and navigation

Passage to Delphi:Path

-Navigation

Passage to Delphi:AoU Trial

-Real pity the L1+t pop-up for shield users doesn't even glitch open them up to attacks (much less strip them of the shield). Would be a point in its favor.

Cistern:Hall B

Cistern:Arena

Cistern:Hall A

-Navigation

Kirra:Gate

-AoU bridge

Kirra:Path D

-Navigation

Kirra:Waterwheel Puzzle

-Do it

Kirra:Grotto:Swim Tube A

-Navigation

Kirra:Grotto:Gate

-Hyper armor on air L1+t is cute. Orbs from burning kills (rage) wouldn't mean much even if they were potent (they aren't) given how rage is and which element we're using (the one that already builds the most).

-Puzzle

Kirra:Grotto:Swim Tube B

-Navigation

Kirra:Harbor

-Navigation

Prison of the Damned *return*

Aegean:Mouth:Interior

-AoU

Aegean:Entrance:Hall

-Navigation

Aegean:Empusa Balcony

-Navigate
MrTinkertrain 3 years ago#72
Aegean:Rooftop

-Shame these special burning deaths don't do much in the way of gameplay. They 'hit', but don't deal damage, build stun, etc.

Aegean:Entrance:Path

-AoU and Navigate

Aegean:Arm:Interior:Hall A

-Navigate

Aegean:Arm:Martyr's Chamber

-Do puzzle

Aegean:Arm:Scribe Jail Hall

-Navigate

Aegean:Arm:Interior:Cell Block

-Drag block and climb out

Aegean:Arm:Interior:Hall B

-Navigate

Aegean:Arm:Exterior:Path A

-Do QTE

Island of Delos

Delos:Landing

-L1+t does pretty well against the elite grunts.

-Interact, AoU, Navigate, AoU and lever

Delos:Path A

-And these clowns even ring themselves out pretty well.

-Interact for QTE

Delos:Path B

-Navigate

Delos:Foot of Apollo:Scaffolding

Delos:Foot of Apollo:Exterior:Path A

-Navigate

Delos:Foot of Apollo:Interior:Path

-Navigate

Delos:Foot of Apollo:Broken Gears Puzzle Room

-Maybe I should have made this run force me to not use BoC specific specials, but instead normals (secondary) and Fire specific moves. It is just so boring with bad utility on what is our default set-up (well known ins and outs).

-Puzzle and Navigate

Delos:Foot of Apollo:Interior:Hive

-Navigate

Delos:Foot of Apollo:Exterior:Path B

-Navigate

Delos:Foot of Apollo:Amazon Scaffolding

-Like the siren, this brown gurl can be juggled f***ed by ground L1+t once caught. Nothing too amazing (and requires 1v1).

-Destroy scaffold and navigate

Delos:Foot of Apollo:Gondola Lift

-Navigate

Delos:Head of Apollo:Sibyl Chamber

Delos:Head of Apollo:Gear Path

-Navigate

Delos:Head of Apollo:Hive

-Zipline

Delos:Leg of Apollo:Exterior:Arena

-Yank and Navigate

Delos:Leg of Apollo:Interior:Flame Lift

-Navigate

Delos:Leg of Apollo:Exterior:Scaffolding

-Navigate

Delos:Statue of Apollo:Interior:Path

-Navigate

Delos:Statue of Apollo:Interior:Hive

-Makes it pretty clear how weak these new specials are (versus air held stuff).

-Navigate

Delos:Gauntlet of Apollo

Megaera

S1 - Specials are meh for Spartans.

S2 - Start of ground L1+s knocks away Maggy when not in hyper armor. Not ideal.

S3 - ...

S4P1 - ...

S4P2 - ...

S4P3 - ...

-QTE

Tisiphone

S1 - Start of L1+s is able to stop the 4 string from starting, but is too slow to recover for it to be a safe option.

S2 - ...

Furies 1

S1 - Daemon Maggy is invincible, but not Tissy (not very high up at the start, but you need something like air T to reach her at full height).

S2 - ...

Delos:Forearm of Apollo:Oathstone Puzzle Trial

-Do it

Delos:Forearm of Apollo:Oathstone Combat Trial

-Such garbage.

-Navigate

Delos:Forearm of Apollo:Interior:Path

-Navigate/Puzzle
MrTinkertrain 3 years ago#73
Delos:Leg of Apollo:Exterior:Arena *again*

-Puzzle/Navigate

Delos:Leg of Apollo:Interior:Flame Lift *again*

Delos:Ribs of Apollo:Scaffolding A

-Navigate

Delos:Arm of Apollo

-Navigate

Delos:Ribs of Apollo:Scaffolding B

Delos:Ribs of Apollo:Interior

-Navigate

Delos:Ribs of Apollo:Furnace:Lower

-Interact and Navigate

Delos:Ribs of Apollo:Furnace:Upper

-Open and Navigate

Delos:Ribs of Apollo:Furnace:Lower *again*

-Do it

-Interact and Navigate

Delos:Ribs of Apollo:Furnace:Upper *again*

-Navigate

Delos:Ribs of Apollo:Furnace:Flame Conveyor

-Navigate and Interact

-Navigate

Delos:Shoulder of Apollo

-At least the fire bomb and dump (even spell) help with the shields.

-AoU

Delos:Ribs of Apollo:Furnace:Slide

-left/right, left/right, right turn to center jump-zip, left turn (favor outside), right turn (favor outside), rightside jump, move left for leftside gap jump, move right (avoid break), right turn, center gap jump-grapple, favor left, favor right, center gap jump to end section

Delos:Ribs of Apollo:Furnace:Lower *yet again*

-Interact

Delos:Ribs of Apollo:Furnace:Flame Lift

-BR toss through the pyre amuses me (they fly clean through, but disintegrate as they reach the other side of the platform).

-Interact

-Interact and take lift

-AoU

Delos:Eyes of Apollo:Light Puzzle Room

-Clear the crystal

-Do puzzle and Navigate

Delos:Latern:Landing

Delos:Lantern:Eyes of Truth

-Do it

Delos:Lantern:Trial of Archimedes

-EoT and Interact

W1 - I've warmed up a bit to the gorgon dizzy grab, but feel like it should be a grab select instead with the option to chain a bit (we already have a face slam for GR, the body slam and the toss). Promptless QTE feels like something that could have been from the Tether state (and not invincible) and maybe without even needing red halo, but whatever. I still feel one of the dizzy grab options should be to just GR and release (not have do all the follow-ups *as much as the extra damage can help in some cases*). This aside from just using the other slams to knock around foes (like the sirens).

This aside from EoT. Would have been nice to have it around for more of the game being an on-demand AoE knockback with decent range. Cooldown wasn't bad, but a lvl2 version for halving it (to the level cheats make it work *~3s recharge*), slightly increasing range and damage (feels like 1DMG, but knocking it up to 5 would be an okay boost). Not like it ignores hyper armor and interrupts everything. Still wish AoU had more firing types (aura mode, lingering, self-heal *reversal of damage taken in last 3 seconds*, recover MP *reversal of MP spent in last 3 seconds*, etc.) with varying cooldown times (the basic use ain't that amazing *just okay*). It doesn't even make petrified foes stay in statue form longer (much less levitate the statue off the ground and drop them). OSoO having an alt.fire that just acting like DG style would be nice (especially with a P2 option).

NOTE: Frankly, these fire specials just seem underpowered in DMG and often hit properties (not even like they have neat utility). Building rage and stun fast is appreciated as with the usefulness of bombs (light stun and decent damage with okay coverage and hit properties) and even the dump (basically for stun, but the whiff option is nice, too).

-EoT and Interact
MrTinkertrain 3 years ago#74
W2 - ...

-EoT and Interact

W3 - ...

-EoT and Interact

Delos:Lantern:Eyes of Truth *again*

-Do it

Aegean:Arm:Exterior:Path A *again*

-Do it and Navigate

Aegean:Arm:Exterior:Path B *again*

-AoU and Interact

Fury Citadel:Alecto's Chamber

-QTE

Fury Citadel:Illusion Maelstrom:Boat

Furies 2

S1 - ...

S2P1 - ...

S2P2 - ...

-QTEs

Fury Citadel:Illusion Maelstrom:Elevated Ruins Arena

S3 - ...

S4 - Maybe there is something to Ally having less HP than Tissy here (faster way to end this stage). I'll have to make an effort re-test NUR+ (and PAIN+) for this bit.

S5 - ...

NOTE: Now to talk endlessly about petrification not being what it should have been. Ice Run.
MrTinkertrain 3 years ago#75
NOTE: Un-f***ing-real. I suffered so much in VH PAIN+ against Ally/Tissy for focusing on Tissy who apparently has far more HP (possibly infinite and it is just that I landed a lot of accidental strikes on Ally along the way) as the many hits landed on her just weren't leading to victory in an at all timely manner). I just went back to attempt the fight with Ally focus and beat it on my second try (technically third as I'd given it a cursory go in the original run). So, yeah. The idea is to run away from Tissy (baiting charges to go around/over) while watching Ally for attacks you can safely punish (bite and roar mainly). Meteor opening is risky unless timing is such that it is just about to end and it is with Ally wide open (starting roar only then, bite finished, etc.). Whole lot of air lights (just be mindful of proximity to Tissy as if you're at full height while she's in range of shotgun, you will be in big trouble) and some ground lights where you can get away with them. Looks like SBK had the right idea here pretty clearly. If only the damn HP bars were visible. Dropping the ball, Wulf.

---NG+ ICE (NER)---

Prison of the Damned

Aegean:Mouth:Interior

-QTE

Aegean:Entrance:Hall

-Specials other than air L1+s can be redirected and canceled (magic or rage dump *not sure about items yet*). Seems God forgot that one, so it'll be harder to work with (attempting to rage dump cancel just cues it up after the move is over, so that's just special). L1+s is the Nemean Cestus clap. L1+t slams the blades for an ice shockwave like the Ice Chimera (Goat) and Ice Talos (rage). The Ice rage dump tosses the blades out like the Fire version and can be whiffed for i-frame exploitation just the same.

Use it in the air won't drag you to the ground, but landing it will (along with the one you impact). Even air cast of this will bring us down and it suffers from the same issue of other spells (but more so as it wants this) in that time-slow won't affect foes, so launching into cast of the spell won't leave a frozen foe to fall to the ground. Unless your enemy is just in the air for some reason (other than the obvious *flight*), you ain't getting an airborne catch. Rage dump resets whatever build-up was on them (petrification or freezing), which I'm sure is working as intended (to be terrible).

Seemed like around 0.5s exposure to the ice spell will freeze a bug for ~10s. One lvl5 t1 (likely 9DMG on these settings) will destroy their statue. Nearly 10HP for fodder statues (too weak to be called pest tier)? That's about the same as their actual HP. Perhaps more troubling, the Ice specials weren't exactly fit to destroy them (very weak damage). Rage dump does the trick in one use. Really seems trashy that MAX didn't let it cause an ice storm to form on the one hit (so those nearby would also freeze). The doubled bar doesn't even make a difference as I recall. Building meter with ice is hard and having this for the reward? Sad. Ice kills don't even do anything without s***tering foes, so that's a bust, too.

NOTE: With such pathetic special damage, this will be a laugh a minute affair, I'm sure. I'll be avoiding them outside new enemy encounters unless hit properties reveal themselves to be worth the trouble. I'll probably have to flip on the artifact for rage just to have it for testing from time to time, too. Bleh.
MrTinkertrain 3 years ago#76
Aegean:Entrance:Path

-Hmmm, maybe it is more like 7s. While rage dump will deflect off statues, the spell can hit them again to reset the clock. The s4 landing will s***ter them, but t0 needs to be at a sweet spot range (as the bonus damage from rage manifests outward from the point of impact). Odd. It shouldn't be that weak. I wonder if the t0 base damage is tweaked. Would be nice to have the values to compare, eh?

Aegean:Entrance:Damaged Bridge

Aegean:Arm:Interior:Hall A

-Navigate

Aegean:Arm:Interior:Cell Block

-Tether slap rage gain seems universal, so that is okay meter build for ice. The initial Infected Human takes around 8 s1 to kill. It was around 8 hits (the actual hit and the extra) with t0 to kill, too. The rage version was the same (just hits more). This suggests to me the t0 might be (at lvl5 on VH) ~4.5/4.5 (+4.5 per extra hit from rage *forget how many possible hits it can add, but it is at least one and as many as one more beyond that*). Only took ~3 s4 to kill. Statue lasts ~5s and took 6 s1 (3 t1) to break. One rage dump is enough to freeze. Spell seems to take ~3s of build-up to fully freeze. I imagine that's about the limit of insta-freeze use of rage dump, but we'll see.

L1+s seems to hit for the same as s1. L1+t is even weaker (took 12 hits). My theory that they forgot to make these specials scale beyond the 1.0 modifier seems pretty likely for explaining this absurdity of balancing. Even if it hits twice (without rage) or 4 times, the risk for what? A little range? Perhaps they think the hit property is just that amazing. Speaking of hit property, L1+s offers a poor man's knockback (not the real thing). Air version vertically tracks, but only slightly. L1+t has its own poor man's knockback (that at least forces foes away). Rage gives it extra hits, but I can't tell what it does for the other one. Ground S seems weaker per hit than s1 (except the ender). Air seems the same (ender is also s1). Air T hits a little harder per hit. Seems T is the same as s1 even now. Why must the game lie?

Alright, so L1+t doesn't gain extra hits or anything noticable with rage. What's the point? More stun or something? At least the extra hits (same for t3) on Plume add range (and a little damage). Re-freezing doesn't reset statue HP with regards to using the ice spell to keep statues from breaking out. Speaking of which, the 6 s1 imply ~ 27HP (probably 25) statues. This while the apparent regular HP is ~36. Burrr. Did more testing and found that launching into the spell can work, but if they're still in the air when the freeze, they tend to just stay there. If the spell starts to 'hit' as they touch ground, they juggle, freeze and s***ter. If it is just a matter of delaying, that would be good (though very odd and inconvenient versus doing it right away) if only for not always being a failure. No hints of enemy friendly fire on statue HP yet. Tether counts itself as a hit, but I don't know for sure that it does damage. The slaps during it seem half as potent as an s1. If they scale and MAX is 3.0, I'd peg them for 1 damage each (at lvl1 *1.0*). Or maybe they're good for NUR and higher in the off chance they don't adjust beyond lvl1. Hard to say.

Aegean:Arm:Interior:Hall B

-Navigate

Aegean:Arm:Exterior:Path A

-Navigate

Aegean:Arm:Exterior:Path B

Infected Hand 1

S1P1 - Can't be frozen and specials are pretty s***, so the most 'ice' thing to do would be light spam (for s4). If you have rage, maybe it is worthwhile to bother with t0/t3? Probably not.

S1P2 - ...

S2P1 - ...

S2P2 - ...

-Slide

Aegean:Sewers

-Navigate
MrTinkertrain 3 years ago#77
Aegean:Abdomen:Exterior

-Pull lever

-I should note I'm having trouble whiffing with rage dump. Against, Honky Tonk, direct hits with it just bounced off without using the rage up (good and bad *as I wanted to get rid of rage to easily go back to a 4 string for reaching s4*). Seems like halos on ice are preserved where they left off (attempts to grab will just whiff until they break out). There is nearly as little height loss between spams of air L1+s as original build Javelins, so pestering from above on some targets could be a thing. The low damage and weak hit property with limited vertical tracking makes me wonder how much this will actually matter beyond just being an option to stay off the ground for extended periods. L1+s seems to be adept at disarming.

-Pull Chain

Aegean:Abdomen:Interior

-Walk

-Freeze build-up is iffy here (and statues tend to glitch into the floor and wobble).

-Grapple

Aegean:The Guardhouse

-Pull lever, return and pull chain

-Has ~7s of resist (too much for one cast). Can't test crushing until later. Amusingly, the grapples let you breakout of spells. If done when the ice storm is cast, it acts like an aura as you swing and run around (won't last any longer than normal *not even sure it is still able to build-up freezing*).

-Pull chain, grapple and QTE wall

Aegean:Arm:Exterior

Infected Hand 2

S1 - ...

S2 - ...

S3 - ...

Aegean:Ribs:Interior:Hall

-Pull lever

Aegean:Ribs:Interior:Elevator

-L1+s knocks dogs away, but it won't put them in the gears. L1+t will. Dogs seem to have the same resist, breakout and statue HP as the grunts.

-Interact with lift

-Interact with clamps and lift

-Navigate

Aegean:Brothel

Aegean:Head Platform:Exterior

Infected Head

Infected Hand 3

-Was able to break-out of 'ice storm' with the OS kill though the aura stayed where I was in this case.

-Do the mini-game.

NOTE: I'm tired, so I'll leave it at that for now.
MrTinkertrain 3 years ago#78
Kirra:Path

-Navigate

Kirra:Market

-Dog took only two t2 here, so different statue HP from before. Jugg was like Berserker (~7s). Break-out is fairly typical (~5s) with statue being hit using air s1 to air S for 14 hits (being that all of these are equal in strength to ground s1, that is 14 s1 and going with the continued presumption, that puts their statue HP at ~63. What the f***. Without rage dump into one spell use, you can't even freeze them (it won't happen). Without an opening to do a high dps follow-up (not just one move will do it), you can't break them on VH (possibly not even on Normal). With regards to Armor %, they probably felt the artifact for taking one-third damage was good enough for NG+ (also good enough to force MAX upgrades rather than give the options for fresh, carryover or MAX or even letting things be upgraded beyond what was possible before to access greater power, shorter duration, etc. *if not new moves aside from starting with things or having to progress for them*).

Where is the damage increasing one? We don't have costumes adjusting stats. There is one for constant HP gain (another for drain). Where's the crit life perks artifact, then? Why give us x10 EXP if we can only ever use it when things are already MAX? We can't even buy things like in GoS. Just to pump up numbers for giggles? How about cooldown. Why only one that halves? Why not hide two of them to find (combine to have truly infinite)? Put the other in NG+ to be cutesy. Hell, put in the invincibility artifact in the same fashion (hide them well *perhaps even behind some feat*). Where is the artifact for removing HP gibs upon death? How about an artifact adding checkpoints so the NG+ testing experience is even less ass than New Game (another artifact could take away checkpoints other than chapter starts or even remove them completely to make it a one-life/zero death/hardcore affair)? They have infinite MP (as they should), but nothing to make spells actually potent (way too many casts to get the job done). Tripling potency would help (probably only need double for Ice *still doesn't solve the issue of break-out time versus statue HP versus our damage output*).

'Ice Storm' is an alt.HoB, but that had the benefit of control over duration (limiting cost) and dealt damage per hit. One more upgrade (or an artifact buffing it) could have made it so that those frozen stay that way longer (by as much as 50%, so 7s becomes just over 10s), are subject to friendly fire (like they should have been to begin with) and the 8 'hits' (learned it was this many when using it in Kirra by accident among debris *it doesn't add to hit count with enemies for some reason*) go from 0 damage to even something as small as a flat 2.5 each (only for statues) to help with s***tering. Perhaps another upgrade could let it deal direct damage, but that seems a bit silly by design (just adds 20 damage to all in the area). In the case of a Parasite as they are now, it seems like one of the 8 hits will freeze them, then the other 7 hits would land (possible 17.5DMG) and crush it (when it only needed to land 4 of them in this case).
MrTinkertrain 3 years ago#79
With respect to the Juggs, doubled potency for ~10s to break their statue and let's say 4 of the 8 hits to freeze them now leaves 4 hits free (shaving 10HP off their statue form, leaving it at ~50 *which is still a lot, but a double cast would refreeze and deal an additional 20DMG leaving ~10s to deal ~30DMG for the shatter). There is just so much that could have been done to 'patch' things up. Really, the system is just badly made (accommodating like this shouldn't be necessary). Why is the Juggs so hardy? It should be around 20HP. 50HP was an outlier in GoWII for Hades Minotaur. Is that what they're invoking (and exceeding) multiple times for a weakened Blades to deal with? Our options for petrification were better then (ignoring the superior shattering tools, too *air Shield Charge should have referenced GoS with an insta-shatter from full DJ height*). AoU should definitely make statues slow their break-out if not resetting their break-out timer (or both). OSoO seems like it would be a reasonable choice for something that can insta-shatter (being so unreliable and having long cooldown as is).

Hmmm, maybe I fast counted. Juggs might be 5s break-out. I didn't have enough time to hit with any club attack then recast to keep my place. Being able to 'refreeze' is a good feature to make-up for other issues, but that it doesn't keep its place (if they get all the way out) is understandable, but damning. If it just held foes still for free hits, that might be more excusable (for this balancing). Still need to fix the dump so it doesn't reset their build-up. I imagine the L1+t hits are 1.5 each as it took 40 to break their statue (which I place at 60HP). Only needed one rage dump and around 10 spell casts to pull this off. Perfectly reasonable. If indeed, 1.5 per hit is balanced for 1.0, the move should at least scale up with BoC to 3.0 (thus 4.5 per hit). Really, it should just be tied to the elemental upgrade (what unlocks it), so maybe it just has that power irregardless of the BoC (making specials worth your time *especially when you haven't been focusing on BoC upgrades like you probably should be*).

Shouldn't be too surprising, but Club o1 is weaker than lvl5 t1. Can't improve WWs, so it seems strong relative to lvl1, but that's about it. Even air O couldn't break a dog in one hit (much less the Juggs). Ice s4 hits hard (as noted before), but is very linear (can't turn with it) like an old HnS and though it has a strong knockback, it still isn't enough to interrupt Juggs, so no lockdown there. If you had enough meter for rage dump, it wouldn't be enough to freeze, but it would slow him for a shortwhile (making it easier to land hits for what that is worth). Once we have Shield Plume for building meter, such a tactic might be more reasonable to consider. Nothing special to note about t0 when it hits them from what I've seen. A tiny amount of build-up per hit in Ice mode (if not at least on uniques like the enders and on ice specials *even more with rage active to the point each hit is at least like one 1 hit of the spell, so one L1+t on a bug would freeze it during rage and without it they just slow to a crawl though they should probably not be able to survive the hit my testing shows they would*).

Kirra:Path A

-Navigate

Kirra:Fire Trial

-Use Fire Dump

-Use Magic

Kirra:Path B

MrTinkertrain 3 years ago#80
Kirra:Satyr Arena

-Normal break-out time and resist for the javelin and sword grunts (I'm getting the feeling they will all be treated the same, so the weaklings will be more resistant than they should be and the strong boys later will feel almost decently set-up *bad overall*). Single rage dump (or 3s in the spell) does the trick. Statue took 7 s1 to break (~30HP). In the past, foes like these would have even lower resist (just slightly) and statue HP of 5 with pests being at 1HP (bugs, harpies, etc.). I'm sure the Berserker (when I face one I'm allowed to shatter) will be 60HP (rather then 20HP). For it, that is a 3x boost. For the bugs, it is x10. For minor grunts, it seems like x6. Even moving on to higher tier 'Minor Grunts' like Captains, they were only slightly more resistant, but otherwise just as open to it.

So, what about the Satyr Captain? Can't freeze in one rage dump. Seems about the same as Juggs. Statue HP? Took 14 hits, so that's the same, too. Unbelievable. I never thought this foe would be that hardy. For him, he's about x12 what he should be. Just absurd. Perhaps they wanted to invoke the Satyrs of old with this (though this foe fails to have their defensive nature, the rally of GoWIII commanders or the moveset of those invoked)? If that's the case, in GoWII the champion version wasn't much better than rubbish with resist with a statue of only 10HP. What of the regular (classic) version? Pandoran Satyrs in that entry were highly resistant (I'd rather translate things to be such that one cast of our spell is worth a possible 800 of the old system *100 per hit*, so that would be exactly enough for this foe *just shy of the 900 a Berserker took*).

However, their statue HP was just 10 still (Cap is still x6 what would be reasonable). With 5s to do 10HP in damage and the nerfed base damage of our Blades, it might still be a struggle to take out a statue (if we even had the means to do it given you need upgrades and resources), but perfectly possible for lvl1. I think defaulf/fire have s4 at only 4 in final build with 1.0 with s1-s3 at 2 each. The string would be 2/2/2/4 (10) for light path to Valor. On VH, this would drop to 1.5/1.5/1.5/3 (7.5), but I'd say there is time enough for one more s1 afterwards to make it 10, thus still within the realm of possibility (just needing no interruption).

Anyway, L1+t can disarm even the Javelin bois (if it does, they only seek to get their weapon back here, so if that is made impossible, they break *don't fight back anymore*). Just that this is RNG (RPG trash creeping in), so don't count on it. Rage L1+s has a slightly stronger hit property (rather than pushing the foe back in a recoil, it hard knockdowns). Probably better chance to disarm, too (disarm animation is always the same). How nice for foes that their place in an animation is kept between freezes (coming out where they left off in the attack animation). Sort of reminds of Dr. Who 'angels' (different as those are, that is what came to mind with the statues creeping in for the kill *different from the warping when not perceived stuff, I realize*). Why give them this buff in addition to the others (and nerfing our options so greatly)? Do they think the few extra EXP orbs are that precious?

Cap was tall enough for special to hit from above, but grunts had to be hit with L1+t. Couldn't hit either with t0 from above. Plume on grunts could bounce or bounce with knockback (inconsistent like with EoT). Didn't interrupt Cap. The s4 blew through his moves, so it can lock him down completely, which is nice. He could still block it, however (despite the talk of it block breaking).
  1. Boards
  2. God of War: Ascension
  3. GMG's Run Coverage
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A