• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. God of War: Ascension
  3. GMG's Run Coverage

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
2 months ago#201
There is one that seems like they're a decent fit (who can say about unseen issues *potentially tempted too easily by women and other factors beyond normal considerations for the evaluation*).

If someone's even remotely competent you have to just overlook the flaws and weird quirks and hope they doesn't do something too terrible.

It isn't even clear if it'll matter with the ol' Crown running a muck. I wonder if and when curfew, lockdown, etc.

Yeah so many of the big-picture issues we had at work at kind of forgotten now. We all got sent home Monday and most of us are at least able do their job at home (I'd get one WFH day a week normally) so being stuck at home isn't exactly the worst thing ever. Really sucks that basically all our sports were killed since I have nothing but games and movies now. Better Call Saul is all I have for TV for now.

>took a job in Germany
RIP.

Aww, he loves Europe. Visited the place all the time.

>breakdown
Many of which are such children they don't even ask to have it explained.

I think they're trying to be cool where they pretend they know what they mean. I remember drilling you on the damn acronyms. I still forget half of them.

>what is pure
Vegeta's win record against Gokek. That's one constant. Got it ingrained into the kids of 4chan

Bah, you're playing on Easy mode with those kids. You never had a leg to stand on outside of using semantics to declare it a "win" despite Vegeta running away from the first fight like a coward and cheap-shotting Goku after they stopped brawling in the second one. How nice of you giving participation trophies to Vegeta for such flimsy performances simply because you don't like Goku as a character. Always seemed very millenial of you.

More is the pity something like this wasn't an option with Nu-Gow (using it to teach about GoW proper).

Well, you'll be sad with me on that subject. I hit Gamestop not too long ago and it had a "Buy two used, get 1 free" deal. I grabbed the latest Uncharted and Assassins Creed Origins and had a free game coming to me. My final choices were nuRatchet and Clank and nuGoW. I got my brother a PS4 for Christmas and it was a Black Friday bundle that came with TLoU, nuGoW and Horizon Zero Dawn...he'd already played nuGoW and said it was good so I went with that one. At least if it sucks, I can say it was free. To redeem him, I got him playing Transformers Devastation nowadays...he's even going for the Plat.

>doesn't know better
I forget what he did after it sent his ass packing (from PAIN+). You would think he would just take the pass, violate rules for W1 and go back to business to wrap things up.

I tried a no-magic run on my first time through VH and I sure cheated on the ToA. I'd had enough of the game in general. Just wanted to move on to something else.

If you can believe it, he still proclaims love for GoW:A.

Compared to some lesser hack-and-slash games I suppose it's not bad and has some neat setpieces for the casuals. But compared to the elites? Yuck.

Speaking of such things, I'd heard talk Google had an oopsie

I enjoy the recent news of legitimate coronovirus information being labeled as fake news and deleted. These social networks are flying by the seat of their pants with this stuff. I feel like it's impossible to get it right...whatever algorithms they use are always going to get things wrong.

>fake challenge run talk
The potential was there for non-joke, fake coverage, but we just got lucky. Only jokers would tell obvious lies about run coverage in GoW proper.

Well, we had better jurisdiction over the GoW boards. The KH boards have enablers who support the phony run coverage...though me and SBK still shoot it down if we're around. I'm not on there as much as I used to and still haven't played KH3 yet...I'm waiting for a Complete edition with the ripoff DLC included.

(even for explaining jargon and such).

By now, I'd probably have made an official list for at least that.

Also, he adjusted the run slightly (extra condition

Hopefully avoiding your cheating relic-using underwater antics in GoW2.

>gaming light
I got nothing. About the extent of my time with vidya has been glimpses at others playing

Seems sad. Especially nowadays with nothing going on. Gotta be working on some sort of game.

Xi's little girl has seen to it that I don't play Nioh 2 anytime soon

Don't quite understand this one but okay.

For me, I hit an indy title in Mercenary Kings which is best described as a Bionic Commando with loot and lots of gun parts. Had about a hundred missions and could get repetitive with only about ten total maps but it was still fun. Especially great when you can make rapid-fire homing missile launchers by endgame. Had quite a grind to get all the trophies since you need to make hundreds of parts but I got busy with it. Currently playing Assassins Creed Syndicate since I've got a few of those to go to get caught up. Takes place in London in the 1860's so there's a lot of great accents.

User Info: MrTinkertrain

MrTinkertrain
2 months ago#202
>have to just overlook
Yeah, I was until they died. Had to cover a shift before that position was eliminated (replaced with another inside) along with the downsizing of most departments.

>WFH
Not really a thing for my work (which doesn't exactly stop until the client is ready to fold *give it a week or so*). They can't possibly take much more (and are likely to be among the first in the area to sign up for being a government hospital).

>sports are kill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S1jcjbGBZU&t=20s

>he loved it
Put that on his urn.

>still forgot half
Use it or lose it, kiddo.

>easy mode
When using absolute truths and canon facts per the will of AT, yes. Making a general provided the necessary means by which to easily beat them over the head just regularly enough for my convenience (even started 2-02-0 off right by letting the chumps at GFAQs DB board be REMINDED of THE SCORE so that they might ACCEPT reality *pertaining to THE STREAK of THE NEMESIS*).

>scrub talk
Always good fun to easily swat such stand-ins for arguments aside. I forget if I kept you updated on some of the dumb s*** they would say, but this is an actual example (in edit form for the purpose of mocking them):

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/6/0/2/AAdIRbAAAFRi.jpg

Took a picture of Vegeta kicking Goku in the ribs and treated it like the Mario exploit for 1UP farming.

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/8/3/3/AAdIRbAAAGTp.jpg
NOTE: This, no doubt, explaining how he keeps escaping death and/or returning from it. He is properly stocked up.

Another take here is working with the logic that Goku wasn't "done" as a cripple, so each hit was another TKO victory piling on for Vegeta (by this point, he had landed other hits and we see three sound effects, thus how the edit puts it):

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/5/2/2/AAdIRbAAAR8y.jpg
>don't like Gokek
Neither do his "fans", as it happens. AT keeps helping me by so graciously helping them to understand the Goku they like was never canon. What a guy.

>sad with you
>putting yourself through suffering in my place
>no money to SSM
B-B-BASED Department?

>did challenge condition on first go
When will they learn? At least it hardly matters in this entry where magic is such garbage.

>enablers
Not enough (vicious) gatekeeping to quality control the community with that lot. Many questioned my methods (as with Royboy), but: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbEyp7HMBVQ&t=2m42s

NOTE: But you know me. I've always been there for the lads:

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/5/2/3/AAdIRbAAAR8z.jpg

>KH3
SBK was going to tell me about it, but I hadn't gotten back with him. Heard bad things.

>underwater relic using
Ah, yes. Trident memes (I imagine you would have been very cross had they properly implemented it as originally planned for GoW1 *not quite durability, but I don't think you were a big fan of such things even if you took stamina in stride with Souls*). For a moment I was thinking you would bring up a valid case as with something we don't start with (the parry we gain upon acquiring GF means that option should be banned the moment you get that far).

>avoiding valid tactics
Indeed, he did some of that, yes. I tailored my talk around this as I had other scrub variations in the past (like Neuro with her whinging on the topic of i-frames from things she doesn't accept as valid *as with tricking via the bow, for instance*).

>seems sad
Indeed. Just how it is. I've been getting more and more subscribers and comments lately (out of the blue) asking about why I'm not making videos. Little did they know I was intending it, but everything kept falling apart. I was even a week away from a move to the new home, but had to back out to keep a savings for Corona. What a pity.

>don't understand
Not familiar with Winnie the Flu, God Emperor of Plague Nation (and his precious designer baby *splitting into fraternal twins with the younger being especially potent* to surpass the thousandfold inferior older sister)? I hear his girl is coming for Gokek. She's looking for 2-0 over that Immunelet (killed him in one timeline and saw to it he got clowned in another):

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/5/2/4/AAdIRbAAAR80.jpg

Hotel_Security
2 months ago#203
have to just overlook
Yeah, I was until they died. Had to cover a shift before that position was eliminated (replaced with another inside) along with the downsizing of most departments.

Sigh. Lots of shutdowns forcing this stuff. No fun. Feels like it's causing more problems.

>sports are kill

Well, at least ESPN replayed the 5-part OJ Simpson documentary this week. Good times.

>easy mode
When using absolute truths and canon facts per the will of AT, yes.

Feels like the bulk of arguments around here. Sound logic vs emotion and wishful thinking.

even started 2-02-0 off right

Awkward formatting.

Another take here is working with the logic that Goku wasn't "done" as a cripple, so each hit was another TKO victory piling on for Vegeta

I hope it's not a serious take. This is what happens when people who aren't sports fans debate how the rules of sports would go. Sports have a wonderful slew of real-life examples to throw at silly scoring conventions like this.

>don't like Gokek
Neither do his "fans", as it happens.

Yes, yet another fanbase of man-children who still think the edgelord in the series is the coolest character and who piss on the nice guy protagonist who's kind to everyone. Happens with a lot of dork fanbases. Making fun of Goku is enjoyable but it's sad to see people who take it seriously.

B-B-BASED Department?

I'm probably one of the few here who even get that reference. Nicely done.

>did challenge condition on first go
When will they learn? At least it hardly matters in this entry where magic is such garbage.

Naw, was on my second go which was playing it again on VH. I used magic in the 1st run (or tried) but strangely didn't use soul dump until late in the run.

NOTE: But you know me. I've always been there for the lads:

Nicely done. Oliver Twist needs a little more run coverage.

>KH3
SBK was going to tell me about it, but I hadn't gotten back with him. Heard bad things.

Was bad when we predicted most of the bad mechanics for years beforehand and they all came true. I'll play the game eventually when it gets cheap but I heard melee was nerfed and a lot of combat is based around broken situation commands.

For a moment I was thinking you would bring up a valid case as with something we don't start with (the parry we gain upon acquiring GF means that option should be banned the moment you get that far).

Would be pretty ridiculous to only allow normal blocks and not parries. I'd say not doing counters meets the conditions well enough. It's not ridiculous to ban underwater stuff during combat...especially since that only effects a few encounters and you're not banned from swimming on the surface of the water...just from diving.

>seems sad
Indeed. Just how it is. I've been getting more and more subscribers and comments lately (out of the blue) asking about why I'm not making videos.

Not seeing why this prevents you from playing a game. You gotta have old stuff laying around or can find cheap games out there. Can't play without broadcasting?...Seems like a modern malady.

>don't understand
Not familiar with Winnie the Flu, God Emperor of Plague Nation (and his precious designer baby *splitting into fraternal twins with the younger being especially potent* to surpass the thousandfold inferior older sister)? I hear his girl is coming for Gokek. She's looking for 2-0 over that Immunelet (killed him in one timeline and saw to it he got clowned in another):

Cool story, bro. The gal's got nice abs.

So I'm about halfway through Assassins Creed Syndicate...been playing it quite a lot with no sports on. It's got some nice quality-of-life improvements. You can steal any carraige and quickly get across the city in that and you get a zipline that can instantly pull you on top of a building and also acts a toe-line between buildings.

Syndicate also redid the combat by having smaller mobs of guys coming at you and tried to add more countering and punching and stun moves to the fights. This does make fights take longer but only at the start...as you play, you level up and can get more power and skills which eventually nerf the combat. Either way it's typical AC gameplay and has tons of missions and stuff to find on the map so I'm liking it. There's nothing too deep with the plot but the characters are pretty likeable.

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
2 months ago#204
@MrTinkertrain Did you ever get that capture card?

MrTinkertrain
1 month ago#205
Rezzy: >capture card
With how things are going, I don't see myself setting time aside for that as being too likely (even when the client finally gives up the ghost and becomes a government hospital). The new place was sacrificed just before finalizing on the altar of having some cushion for Corona should it become necessary. Granted, the previous iPhone video capture test was the v4 (now a v7). Perhaps the slight upgrade will make some small difference when still using the old rigged approach. Hard to say. It would be off an HD TV (rather than SD), too.

Hotel: >causing more problems
They'll half-ass it all to Hell. Not brutal enough to make a meaningful difference with the spread. Even China's methods weren't enough with their advanced awareness of what it was and the release.

>OJ
He wasn't taking chances. Had (fitting) gloves this time (even a mask). Wasn't going to be conned by people lying to keep supplies for their own ends (who now say they do not in fact cause sickness, but help prevent it as was obviously the case the whole time *the audacity of these people*).

>bulk of argument around here
All over, really. One side (Gokeks) have their headcanon, which is often found in need of realignment with reality (canon). I'm just good enough to REMIND them.

>awkward formatting
I'm aware. A sacrifice I was willing to make.

>hope it isn't a serious take
Hard to tell with these types. They just keep insisting he was in it to win it (thus the joke on their expense in picture form showing what that means for them). These are the same people that suggest Oozaru Vegeta won against Goku, not Vegeta, so the former is 1-0, but the latter is 0-0 (as of that moment *at best*). I've gotten the feeling at least one of the posters there is a Gokek having a go knowing he's full of it (and may well be a DBG user *suspected to be one I refer to as "Simpleton"*). Sometimes /dbs/ links to GFAQs in topics with him, the (pretend) arguments, the stances, the posting style, etc. are the same, but it is often difficult to be sure (for what little it matters).

NOTE: One chap was bent out of shape enough with my antics that he noticed someone spouting off with the usual only to (rightly *unlike the usual in topics where there exist imitators as it is and has been here*) conclude it was me. I was good enough to confirm (in his world, he thinks unmasking means something as if we're luchador or some s***), but refused to do the name and/or trip stuff (too much bother and it is clearly attention whoring).

>the edgelord
Don't you mean the "family man"? Or did you mean Gokek the fighting awwtist (with all the kind words used previously to describe his ilk)?

>sad to see people take s***ting on Gokek seriously
Indeed, it is obvious enough he is scum as both MC and a "hero". Even AT acknowledges it. In-universe, the NPCs sometimes break programming (love him no matter what) to note how awful he is in many regards. Really, his (pretend) fans need to get over themselves and their false idol. They should appreciate the ribbing (and expect that trash will be thrown into the dumpster on sight). Why get worked up over it?

>second go
Didn't get friends and family (pre-lockdown era) to clear the casual experience for you? As I recall, you were of the sort who whinged about not having the highest setting from the start.

>or tried
It wouldn't make much difference oftentimes.

>soul dump
I wouldn't sully its good name by association. That is use of rage points (RP), not magic points (MP). Rage has problems, but it also has some value (even if the 'super state' is an abomination conceptually and in execution).

>predicted the downfall years before it came
Yet powerless to stop it. Just like in my [choice entertainment media goes here]!

>later when cheap
That is Oni's plan for Nioh 2 (clearly a proper sequel in the school of more and better for the most part *so tons of recycling while building upon the foundation*). In the meantime, he is enjoying quality time in isolation with his true love Dynasty Warriors.

>would be pretty ridiculous
Just how the cookie crumbles sometimes. The run philosophy is what it is. If it translates poorly, that is just "tough". Really, 'plus' should be the purist interpretation, with the non-plus being adjusted for 'playability' (arbitrary). But, as before, such a thing was not yet established. The distinction between the two was drawn along lines of how greatly the run was affected by drawing a particular distinction (just rage or all relics).

>meets it well enough
Modern me would not agree with the past me who made this allowance (mostly as an oversight). Don't like it? Downgrade your run to PAIN, kiddo. You want to play pretend with an in-between run, go for it.

>not ridiculous to ban using the environment
I don't know about all that. It isn't even like you need the relic to jump into water. Kratos doesn't just sink and drown. He can swim to begin with. He just cannot dive without the relic in GoW1 (progression unlock). Entries where he just has it from the start would not even be in violation to dive were that some concern. Our old rulings were largely based around offense ('does it do damage' being chief among them as you may recall *thus allowance of tricking against the wishes of some*).

Were GoW ruled as a foreign title by the philosophy in question, something like returns off the parry in an entry where you start with them would be allowed even in PAIN+. If you want another experience altogether, you would have to re-translate each entry accordingly (something that might be an amusing thought experiment when I have time enough set aside to go over it).

NOTE: Where is it that people are diving under water during combat before returning to combat in particular? To what end? The only place that readily comes to mind for me would be the Amphitrite bit with Minotaur Warriors (to avoid the shockwave harming you when on the water surface).

>can't play without
Play what and why? The topic was 'showing', not 'telling' (nor even just 'doing'). Nothing is currently considered worthwhile enough for me to bother even if I did (I don't) have the option of sitting for many hours to make proper progress. As noted, I was contacted (as I was again in this thread, no less) about displaying findings in a way other than write-ups (aversion to text seems to be the vocal part *if not the majority* of the internet). It was my intention, but it just kept getting shut down (and continues to allude me). The only thing left for me to do just for the sake of doing it with GoW is the damned Clone War.

>cool story
The coolest:

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/9/6/0/AAdIRbAAATxA.jpg
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/9/6/1/AAdIRbAAATxB.jpg

MrTinkertrain
1 month ago#206
Quite a lot of designs for this one. I don't much care for the runny nose Jiangshi-like. Another garbage one has black sclera, too. Darkstalkers would have been a better basis for that one (mix her with Morrigan or even Lillith). The cheeky dancing one is good (early version was pretty basic and a bit weak), but are a little lacking for loss of the wings (signifying status as able to at least glide *small* if not properly fly *large*). Yandere Taki (abs) is probably the best. One complains about just wanting to talk (as you wear a mask), but it is a little lacking on the markings as being Corona (just a lifted character from elsewhere not even slightly changed *real shame*).

The baseline is probably the traditional animu with a 'Chinese dress' (not /fa/, so I have no idea what it is called). The trash one with skeleton hands feeling her up is an interesting take (would have sooner expected a Revi knock-off, but this is fine, too). Tapping into "impossible clothing" seems to be a hack some of are employing (flowing, skimpy outfits that appear vacuum sealed or even painted on). Certainly amusing to have jokes (early on) about touring the world (played out now that she has been about everywhere *even Madagascar and Greenland*). The beer stuff is a bit meh (even bat soup is better).

NOTE: Learned of the 5 per post limit on images previously, but didn't know it capped at 4MB, too. GFAQs is a funny place (like having a *now* lame character count warning without hard numbers that is often enough off *upon posting, it will say you were actually over when just 'close' before*).

PREPARE for TROUBLE and make it DOUBLE (2-0):

https://s1.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/a/image/1585/54/1585547929706.gif

NOTE: GFAQs s*** the bed repeatedly, so it cannot even handle a basic .gif (impressive). At least the link version should work.

Apparently the 'charge up' is too OP, so a link is needed for that one, too:

https://s1.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/a/image/1585/71/1585717338199.gif

Corona-chan NUMBA WAN

https://s1.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/a/image/1583/89/1583897204975.gif

NOTE: It failed to make it animate, so I just won't be able to trust this place for that sort of fun. Ho-hum.

>carraige
Tim-tim...is that you?

NOTE: Painful number of EDITs for this one. Were it not for the cap on characters (8K), I could have just done it all in one. Really should look into upgrading the limit when it isn't like there is much stopping high levels from posting multiple in a row (two in a minute is 16K, so raise the bar to that in exchange or something).
(edited 1 month ago)

Hotel_Security
1 month ago#207
Hotel: >causing more problems
They'll half-ass it all to Hell. Not brutal enough to make a meaningful difference with the spread.

All the stay at home notices change little when there's nowhere to go anywhere. All the same stores get to stay open. Not that I think they can do anything more...so silly to blame politicians for this stuff when they're as clueless as anyone. Just wait it out.

I was good enough to confirm (in his world, he thinks unmasking means something as if we're luchador or some s***),

It's all they have. Perhaps these internet victories are the one thing keeping them from ending it all one of these days. Think of your concession as saving lives. ;-)

>the edgelord
Don't you mean the "family man"?

I've seen the mangas. Vegeta's whoring out to all the other males in the DBZ galaxy. Poor Bulma can only have sex with Gohan to calm her.

->sad to see people take s***ting on Gokek seriously
-Indeed, it is obvious enough he is scum as both MC and a "hero".

How edgy to rip on the niceguy main character. How cliched as well. I'm sure you also like Sephiroth instead of Cloud in FF7 since he's edgy too.

->second go
-Didn't get friends and family (pre-lockdown era) to clear the casual experience for you?

No, this was the insult we used to throw at Waffles. You're going senile in your old age. I never went so far to do that...would just play the game twice...even with Ascension.

I wouldn't sully its good name by association. That is use of rage points (RP), not magic points (MP).

True, but it still counted for my no-magic run. At least until the end when I stopped caring.

In the meantime, he is enjoying quality time in isolation with his true love Dynasty Warriors.

Bah. Casual crowd fights.

>would be pretty ridiculous
Just how the cookie crumbles sometimes. The run philosophy is what it is. If it translates poorly, that is just "tough".

Not that this point matters since you don't follow it.

>meets it well enough
Modern me would not agree with the past me who made this allowance

You mean the Modern You who isn't playing jack s*** right now?

It isn't even like you need the relic to jump into water. Kratos doesn't just sink and drown.

Exactly. It's not much a restriction.

NOTE: Where is it that people are diving under water during combat before returning to combat in particular?

I remember a couple encounters where it was encouraged. Maybe the centaur section of GoW1? You seemed to make a fuss about it.

Quite a lot of designs for this one.

Yeah, you REALLY need to find something to play.

The cheeky dancing one is good

The only one worthwhile.

Finished up Syndicate and the DLC which was nicely on sale for $4. Almost worth it. Onto Iconoclasts which is a cutesey Metroid-style came though it's a bit linear. Has a one-hit-death mode I'm eager to get to after the first run.

MrTinkertrain
1 month ago#208
>change little
In more ways than one.

>all the same places open
Comical, yes. For now.

>silly to blame
Not quite. That they are clueless is sufficient for blame (when they had every chance to be on the ball). 'HURR DURR just learned it could spread before symptoms' - GEORGIAMEN (telling lies)

>concession
Not me, brotha (those lives ain't worth saving):

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/3/1/3/AAdIRbAAAUlZ.png
NOTE: I often alter this to "I accept your concussion" (as I'm using Vegeta to deal with Gokeks *in relation to KO victories where brain trauma is involved). Also:

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/3/1/4/AAdIRbAAAUla.jpg
NOTE: Got a lot of variants on this one since I've lazily and cheaply made myself find an online option to rig up text tilting (MS Paint version is too jank with the skewing tech). This one didn't require more than the basics:

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/3/1/5/AAdIRbAAAUlb.jpg
NOTE: What a gracious loser. Concessionku, what a guy.

>seen the mangas
Yeah, but have you done your due diligence even at the 'speed' level?: https://s2.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/a/image/1580/68/1580680326408.jpg

NOTE: Tends to be a major obstacle for the Gokeks (given that they cannot read just like their favorite actual, completely literal man-child).

>refers to his yaoi
I thought you hadn't been keeping up with Neuro? When did you two become secret pen pals?

>Gohan
I remember him. He is that other MC that Vegeta is 2-0 over. The guy with the brother Vegeta is 1-0 over (just as Trunks is). Then there is the daughter ol' Rice-A-Roni had with the devil (who also jobs off-panel to her Prince so he is 1-0 over yet another in the Son *read: vassal* line).

>how edgy to educate the low information, unwashed masses about their folly
Just terrible of me. How could I do this? More importantly, why did AT will it so?

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/3/1/6/AAdIRbAAAUlc.jpg

>the insult we used on Waffles
Indeed. Recall I don't support your talk of starting on the highest setting (or making the first highest setting run a challenge run). This would be mocking that 'want' of yours.

>RP is MP in my run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEZgJyTzqPg

NOTE: AKheon is doing historical coverage on speedrunning in GoW, apparently. Might be an amusing read later.

>casual crowd fights
He often exemplifies the case of the person too challenged in life to seek challenge in his hobby, yes. Though that begs the question why he spent so long banging his head against the wall against me in Tekken. Time better spent just doing fun (lesser) challenge runs to feel good about himself in with yours truly guiding him (he just bails too quickly in them).

>don't follow it
Not with GoW, true. As before, the run type itself predates the philosophy that spawned from it (and guides others). One is welcome to try their hand at purity (see how it differs). You wanting to be a taker? Fancy starting with GoW:A? What would that be? Let us examine this (for better or for worse *could be the former, frankly*). If truly going with just 'what you start with as it starts' we have one case, but PAIN always tags on (at least in 'plus') the bit with 'no resource spending' (though that never applies to HP through taking hits as forced 'no damage' is distasteful).

We cannot avoid the loss of non-elemental BoC (and it would just be an arbitrary choice to go with the first element as the stand-in *though that is what most decide on with only goofs pushing for holding out until getting to the worst case that is Electric*). Just how it is. We cannot avoid the building (and dropping) of RP, but we can avoid the use of what RP's system grants. In PAIN, using up that resource would be fine. Just not in PAIN+, so you end up in a case like what the modern PAIN+ in GoW:A does (limited move options *just what isn't altered by the state in question*).

MP is obviously not an option. WWs are a thing we don't start with other than barehands. Being that barehands do not use a resource, even PAIN+ should (by this logic) allow for them (which greatly alleviates the troubles for ToA W1 as seen in PAIN coverage by Wulf and others, for instance). Items/Relics are off-limits save where forced per the usual. Ultimately, the run is slightly easier (it is PAIN+, but you can use uppercuts to help with RO). PAIN doesn't get to fully benefit from the loss of 'no resource spending' given we don't start with things (other than rage *as already the case*) that use them (no spells). Well, I think being able to do the Fire Rage dump would be pretty alright as far as boons here and there (even with ToA W1).

But we were more focused on GoWII it seemed like, so it should be the one getting the alternative filter examination. PAIN would be lvl1 BoA ONLY (to further distance from the usual, I would recommend not allowing the usual exploitation of loopholes *as with tricking with TB*) per usual. We start with a spell and would be allowed to use it, but the moment it is gone, that is it (one could argue this would next be passed to TB, but I'd overrule it). We start with the Trident, so it is legit. Not so much the Fleece (no parries upon getting it). AotF uses resources, but we don't start with that anyway (already ruled out). PAIN+ would just strip this a tiny bit by taking away PR at the start. Just a slightly stricter PAIN+ by the sounds of it (probably not to your liking, but that is how it goes *can dive all you like, but you cannot parry or even trick and cancel with the best tool*).

GoWIII's case sees use start with Icarus Wings, which don't use a resource, so all is fair even in PAIN+ there. That is a pretty nice boon (making things easier). The Fleece is in the same spot. You get to exploit Argo's Return all day (how convenient). Not so much progression unlocks (obviously). Still no rage, boots, bow, etc. (even ignoring the resource stuff). I forget if Items were allowed in PAIN (I know relics other than rage are). I feel like they were as I thought I recalled it dominated by the bow, but maybe that was just NUR+. CoO and GoS should be the same (don't readily recall something that would vary). GoW1 would gain a distinction that has PAIN+ be PAIN, but without diving during combat (good luck).

>who isn't playing anything
Who finished his plate with GoW:A (unlike the past me who left it on hiatus), yes. Also, I have the finalized philosophy in mind, so there is that, too. You better believe I look down my nose at my past self like any other (even when I need to look at his notes from a year ago, even).

>not much of a restricton
Exactly. It isn't even relevant (unlike rightfully taking away the GoWII parry upon getting GF *no crutch for you*). There isn't anybody who puts the dive to use in combat. Good chat, at least.

>seemed to make a fuss about it
Do you seriously not recall how that bit works? Diving into the water's surface is not an ability of the Trident. Diving UNDER water (swimming, not treading) is what is gained (and isn't at all needed *or even an option yet* there). Was that misunderstood instance all you had distracted from GF parry getting the axe over? You mention "a couple". By all means. Remind me of these Trident empowered strats (I already gave the only case *which was itself a joke as you should be fighting on land and sending them into the water*). Going to bring up the swim tube bought with Fallen Legionnaires next? Not advised.

>something to play
People suffice.

>only worthwhile
Don't be so tsundere for the yandere Taki knock-off. Also, Hotel confirmed for hating fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBoojBTEPaI

Hotel_Security
1 month ago#209
>change little
In more ways than one.

Well, outside of causing mass unemployment and a tanked economy. As always, government never helps the economy but they can sure ruin it.

>all the same places open
Comical, yes. For now.

I'm not sure how they can justify closing anything more especially with this "support our restaurants" movement flying around. (Nice to know that being too lazy to cook is now a charitible practice). I do get a kick out of how, a decade ago, weed was an illegal drug and now it's an essential business that must stay open during quarantine.

Not quite. That they are clueless is sufficient for blame

It's not, because EVERYONE is clueless, including the scientists. If someone actually claims they know what will happen then they're the ones who are bulls***ting.

(when they had every chance to be on the ball).

Well, if China hadn't covered it up for months then maybe we could have. Blaming governments for this is laughable...they can't put a fast-forward button on research. Heck, the guy who gets the most credit during this is Cuomo and his state has the most deaths by far...the standards for blame and credit are laughable.

(Another Vegeta Chad)

Seriously. They need a support group for the Vegeta stans along with Kingdom Hearts Riku fans, Sephiroth fans, Dante fans, Metal Gear Raiden fans, Shadow the Hedgehog fans, and MK Scorpion fans.

>refers to his yaoi
I thought you hadn't been keeping up with Neuro?

Didn't realize they were related. Though I'm not downloading that stuff, silly. But there's a lot of it...DBZ apparently fits a lot of gay tropes.

>Gohan
I remember him. He is that other MC that Vegeta is 2-0 over.

Oh, so people are over the "Gohan's so much more mega powerful than anyone" movement? Or is that just you?

Then there is the daughter ol' Rice-A-Roni had with the devil

You're getting more obscure on the DBZ characters. You forget I don't actually watch this s***. Couldn't care less about the DBZ Scooby Crew.

(Comic strip)

I see something that may be related to DBZ but it doesn't have Goku or Gohan so, nope, no interest. Sorry.

Recall I don't support your talk of starting on the highest setting

Considering how games are now, this is the only way to get any challenge at all on a first run.

>casual crowd fights
He often exemplifies the case of the person too challenged in life to seek challenge in his hobby, yes.

So sad to see folks who don't understand aging. We all get more challenge-averse when we're older since we just naturally become bigger p****** as we age. Happens to everyone. I'm sure there's some challenges I did back in the day that I'd never bother with now. These folks always hide this natural aversion behind a "I'm too busy" excuse which is always bulls*** since there's no race to complete a game and they can spend months on one and it's not a big deal. Perhaps they don't grasp their own aging or are in denial of it but they always give the awful "I'm too busy to die a lot on something" excuse when it's just them getting old.

One is welcome to try their hand at purity (see how it differs). You wanting to be a taker

Of course not. I have to mentally prepare myself to play nuGoW one of these days. I can't disturb this serious concentration with other GoW gameplay. That, and I have a huge backlog and I wanna play those.

Fancy starting with GoW:A?

Looks like a great start...for me to poop on.

We cannot avoid the building (and dropping) of RP, but we can avoid the use of what RP's system grants

Obviously this is the sanity challenge of the run. Do you force players to always stand there and wait for RP to decrease during battles? Is activating rage an instant loss even if they don't use it? These would be accurate but would just murder the run entirely. We want it to be challenging but not be a bore. But I always assumed PAIN+ would force this restriction...I think SBK did it once and probably hated himself for it.

We start with the Trident, so it is legit.

So, even if it's a relic, it's allowed if you start with it? Not that big a deal really.

GoWIII's case sees use start with Icarus Wings,

That was another thing I banned that you disagreed with. It's still a relic so I didn't allow any Icarus attacks or gliding during battles.

>who isn't playing anything
Who finished his plate with GoW:A

I'm not impressed with you torturing yourself with crap. Get on those Sekiro runs.

You better believe I look down my nose at my past self like any other

I'm mostly envious since past self had so much more energy and drive. Alas.

>seemed to make a fuss about it
Do you seriously not recall how that bit works? Diving into the water's surface is not an ability of the Trident. Diving UNDER water (swimming, not treading) is what is gained

I always understood this fine. Somehow we still went back and forth on it like old grannies.

>something to play
People suffice.

I guess, but I mostly tolerate that during work hours since I have no other options. On my free time it seems quite unfulfilling.

Also, Hotel confirmed for hating fun

I praised the ass-shaking gif. That's enjoying fun, I'd say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBoojBTEPaI

Not too bad. I enjoy someone responding with the "Grandpa, what was the quarantine like?" line.

MrTinkertrain
1 month ago#210
>governments are massive failures
Don't let them hear you say that when you get your chip installed.

>not sure
Prepare to be impressed. On another hand, we've got vermin released to public. "Non-violent" types like a chap who attempted murder by shooting a man in the street and threatening the witness (victim not notified of his release). Others who are confirmed infected (ruled wiser to let them run wild, test their luck with others *killed by citizens or police in self-defense as with NY so far*, etc.) are a real peach, too.

>everyone is
Don't delude yourself for the sake of covering for their incompetence. Pretending not to have intelligence when any dork with internet was able to keep up with what was going on is just pathetic (and beyond excuses). "Nobody could have predicted this" was the replacement bulls*** for the old bulls*** (in regards to downplaying the threat made obvious when analyzing the actions taken *instead of being foolish enough to take the words of the CCP seriously*).

>if the CCP wasn't being themselves
Hotel, please. It isn't exactly hard to detect patterns here. Governments tend to behave badly like this in general, but it only gets worse with the evil within that regime (and this one is particularly notable on the stage of history *they already had reputation with the original SARs before they suped it up for the bigger, better sequel*).

>laughable
Only to think they'll be held to any sort of account. I've no interest in currency on the matter. To restore their honor, there is but one way. And it ain't a board game (and they may need some assistance with seeing it through).

>most credit
>jackass caught hording ventilators, digging mass graves, trying to draft medical help away from other states, etc.
He can go into an unmarked spot with Harvey when he is done digging. Mind you, I have no idea why all these dips***s are letting bodies pile up rather than burning them as is proper.

>support group for victims of THE NEMESIS
Rice fans have other issues. Nobody hounds them about being 0-2 against Bejita-sama. I don't make a point of giving them trouble (they've got enough on their plate). Gokeks need their delusions s***tered. AT VULT.

>apparently
That what your downloaded research material from Neuro suggests?

>are over canon
Someone can be the strongest and only have ever lost to someone at the same time. Just look at Gokek. He had a few points (as far as he knew) like that in his life with a variety of people (and domestic animals).

>it has to have the vassal family to have your attention
Like so?:

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/2/9/9/AAdIRbAAAVUD.jpg

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/3/0/0/AAdIRbAAAVUE.jpg
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/3/0/1/AAdIRbAAAVUF.jpg

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/3/0/2/AAdIRbAAAVUG.jpg
NOTE: I'd offer one for Pan, but you know...Off-panel. What can you do? Just a shame Raditz up and died before Vegeta could kill him like he did the exact PL equivalent (with a gesture). Or Bardock.

>challenge in the first playthrough
If that isn't the intended way, why challenge it? Experience it normally the first time. Then expand to greater heights. This isn't complicated. Your practice of cutting corners will just keep coming back to bite you (like in that unfinished run work).

>projects his advanced age
Sure thing, Boomer-lite. He's been this way since before he was a man.

>I can't do those runs, I've got video tapes to return
Sure thing.

>obviously this is
Something we had long ago gone over. The original version did not allow the meter to fill to full (as it was already asking too much to not build any at all), but this got relaxed to the point already noted (while full, only the things that are not altered by rage *if you wish to use more of your moveset, you will have to let it cool off*).

>think SBK did it once
I tested it before the rest (along with many other run types). I adjusted the run accordingly. It would only be much later before my proper run of it (including the defeat of the bonus condition).

>even if it is relic
It doesn't matter what it is in terms of philosophy (where 'plus' would be concerned, it would only become concerning if that thing also consumed some resource to use *becomes more troubling when one asks if cooldown counts*). However, GoW has always been exempt from the normal rules that came about after the franchise started the run type (adhering to tradition predating that which is in question).

>another thing you banned
You were asking for something that went against the established run flavor, yes. You neither understood that nor did you understand the alternative version that would be codified later (in other games). That is what you are now learning, yes. You were in the same boat as Neuro as such (though different parts of it as she wouldn't allow tricking outside evasion *one of those types*).

>not impressed with doing the community a solid
>would be impressed with playing stooge to some shota
Yes, yes. I'm quite sure Gokek concurs with that assessment (Kuro might disappoint him by not actually being "Black", however).

>somehow
That was all you, codger. I had to help you update your Facebook (wouldn't want your keepers misinformed about their product), check for viruses, get your money back from that Nigerian Prince, etc.

>tolerate that in worktime
I tolerate having to restrain myself with trash. I don't have to tolerate them off-the-clock. That is when they're well past due for a good REMINDING.

>life during THE RONA
I sort of wish it had the metal mix. Still good (and worth picking up from later as things continue to get worse). Speaking of such silliness (even has your 'bag', so it should be an instant hit):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8xoV-v1Yl0
  1. Boards
  2. God of War: Ascension
  3. GMG's Run Coverage
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A