• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. God of War: Ascension
  3. Can you change difficulty during the campaign ?

User Info: FenDieselLives

FenDieselLives
7 years ago#1
I don't think I can beat Chpt 28 on Normal. I'm failing waaaay too much. Is it possible to change the difficulty without losing my progress?

All help is appreciated. Thanks.
PSN and Xbox 360: FenDiesel

User Info: DemiFist

DemiFist
7 years ago#2
I do not believe so.
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"

User Info: dawud1930

dawud1930
7 years ago#3
You're talking about the trials of Archimedes? I was stuck there for about an hour myself.
No you can't change the difficulty in this one, though.
Tips!
Block all the time, and wait for an opportunity to attack.
Use the L2 moves as much as you can, when you have an opening (you're still vulnerable when you use them)
Remember that special kills of Medusas give you 1 block of magic meter. So use your magic, melee them a little, special kill one, use your magic again.
Be patient, persistent, and observe the enemies well.
Go wild with magic when the thunder throwings magicians come. Get rid of them as soon as possible, they make things messy!!
And watch your life! you have 2 more fights coming!

FenDieselLives
7 years ago#4
What power should I use for the L2 moved? Electricity?

User Info: Nikos_the_great

Nikos_the_great
7 years ago#5
You're scaring me. Should I start this on hard or will I get my butt kicked? I don't mind replaying the same checkpoint again and again as long as I believe it is beatable. Sorry for hijacking your topic.

User Info: Troutfisch

Troutfisch
7 years ago#6
Wow, this is the first time in years that I'm considering playing a game on Easy difficulty...if only for a single part of the game
PSN: Troutfisch

FenDieselLives
7 years ago#7
I did finally beat it guys. It's all about strategy -- you have to use a strategy you never did earlier in the game. The IGN guide helped me a lot. If you can just survive the first wave with about half your health then the other two waves were relatively easy.

User Info: MrStarkiller

MrStarkiller
7 years ago#8
You casuals sure are a funny sort.

User Info: Lugadokastro

Lugadokastro
7 years ago#9
Just finished my first play through and i set it to hard
Boy was I in for some hurt
I'm a vet player in GOW and I had to change my whole play style to that of ninja gaiden
Using block and evade a lot, attack and repeat

Old god of war games gave you the option to lower difficulty but this one is set once you make a profile and start the story
  1. Boards
  2. God of War: Ascension
  3. Can you change difficulty during the campaign ?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A