• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crysis 3
  3. The Bow and other weapons that catch your fancy

User Info: xXHarbingerXx

xXHarbingerXx
5 years ago#1
I've seen all across the web people sh*ting on this game. One particular aspect of the game, to be precise. The bow. Honestly, I think it's an awesome weapon. For one, it makes me feel like a ninja when I use it when cloaked. It has versatility, meaning it can be used for a multitude of different jobs; from disabling electronics to blowing up helicopters. It also has the capability to one shot enemies from close to afar. I don't really see a downside to that. As to why the devs decided to use the bow? I'm going to go out on a limb and say one reason is because your character (prophet) is practically a hunter and a bow used to be the weapon of choice. In addition to that, the whole entire game takes place in a jungle esque New York. One last thing (it kind of goes with the previous sentence): When someone says jungle, what's generally the first weapon that comes to mind?

User Info: spikedebeaver

spikedebeaver
5 years ago#2
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't use the bow simply because it's too easy. It's a one-hit-kill in an already easy game. The only way I play the 3rd one is on the hardest difficulty, no bow, no Typhoon, and no tagging enemies. It's just too easy otherwise.

Aesthetically speaking, I like the bow. Psycho explained how it functions well enough to satisfy me from the lore perspective. I just think it's too broken.
My friend code is 5257-9242-1013 IGN: Albane

User Info: xXHarbingerXx

xXHarbingerXx
5 years ago#3
I get where youre coming from too. I guess it boils down yo whether or not you're playing seriously or just for fun. Thanks for the input though :)

User Info: spikedebeaver

spikedebeaver
5 years ago#4
No problem! This series is in my top 5 favorite games/game series so I always lurk here and look for someone to talk to lol.
My friend code is 5257-9242-1013 IGN: Albane
  1. Boards
  2. Crysis 3
  3. The Bow and other weapons that catch your fancy
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Default speedRobossCZ14/30 8:35PM

GameFAQs Q&A