• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
  3. 21.99 on Direct2Play... going to take the plunge

User Info: leeboo1211

leeboo1211
6 years ago#11
I just did it as well, got the text msg, put in the code, and voila.

Activated by copy/pasting the code into Steam. About as painless as it gets.

Now I just gotta boot over to my Windows side and see how well a MBP can run Dark Souls.

(I'm traveling in Europe right now...I tried to buy it off Steam earlier but it would cost me 40 Euros since it detects my IP location in Italy...which is a ripoff at 50 bucks.)
If I could only marry the PS2, my wife wouldn't complain about me not spending enough time with her.

User Info: Vertanius

Vertanius
6 years ago#12
And now you see what Europeans have been dealing with, the $1 = 1 euro.

User Info: leeboo1211

leeboo1211
6 years ago#13
I know, and I feel for you guys.
If I could only marry the PS2, my wife wouldn't complain about me not spending enough time with her.

User Info: Bigj089

Bigj089
6 years ago#14
Wow amazing deal. Thanks for the heads up! I was goign to wait but you cant really pass this up
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator

User Info: Aqua69696

Aqua69696
6 years ago#15
Vertanius posted...

We cannot complain, look at Australia.
WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP, and we will never lose,
WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP, it's time to make a move.

User Info: Gawl9427

Gawl9427
6 years ago#16
Vertanius posted...

What do you mean?
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz | 8GB DDR3 Kingston | 2x6950 2GB Unlocked | ASRock 970 Extreme4 | 650w XFX XXX Edition | Kuhler H20 620 |
Gamertag: Kether

User Info: LtMessiahDM504

LtMessiahDM504
6 years ago#17
Got it myself. Pretty easy. Just make sure you check that spam folder to 2nd that.
Path of Exile and/or Torchlight 2 - if you want character customization, fair pvp play, micro transactions only affecting looks, and actually earning your loot!

User Info: Aqua69696

Aqua69696
6 years ago#18
Gawl9427 posted...
Vertanius posted...

What do you mean?

Basically he's saying that, in terms of DLC, companies will just ignore exchange rates (E.G, 1 Euro = 1.25 Dollars) in favour of just slapping the same price on the DLC, but changing the currency. So a COD map pack costs 15 Euro or 15 Dollars, the price being noticablly marked up on the Euro one. COD map packs are a rip off either way, I'm just saying.

I don't know how much Euro is worth to the dollar, just an example.
WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP, and we will never lose,
WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP, it's time to make a move.

User Info: KirazXendran

KirazXendran
6 years ago#19
Be careful, these guys have a very consistent reputation of stealing keys via credit card fraud and reselilng them.

User Info: Bigj089

Bigj089
6 years ago#20
Aqua69696 posted...
Gawl9427 posted...
Vertanius posted...

What do you mean?

Basically he's saying that, in terms of DLC, companies will just ignore exchange rates (E.G, 1 Euro = 1.25 Dollars) in favour of just slapping the same price on the DLC, but changing the currency. So a COD map pack costs 15 Euro or 15 Dollars, the price being noticablly marked up on the Euro one. COD map packs are a rip off either way, I'm just saying.

I don't know how much Euro is worth to the dollar, just an example.

They are at that IMO. Feel like the game is one too but thats just me. Unfortunately Im the only one I personally know that thinks that way.
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
  3. 21.99 on Direct2Play... going to take the plunge
  • Topic Archived