• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. WRC 3: FIA World Rally Championship
  3. This game has issues... I prefer Dirt 2.

User Info: supercammando

supercammando
6 years ago#1
Load times are slow compared to all other PS3 games I've played (about 50+). From loading a car into the screen in the garage, to waiting for a stage to load, to waiting for a stage menu to appear. Al- around slow.

Cars occasionally fail to load and appear in the garage view.

Multiplayer - will occasionally lock up your PS3

Some of the stages are incredibly short. Takes the game longer to load a stage than to complete it.

Onto WRC 2... This game is overrated.
Pay to play (after you've paid) = greed. Games without user profiles, stats and scoreboards = lazy producers, bad design choices.

User Info: ARC_NoOne

ARC_NoOne
6 years ago#2
supercammando posted...
From loading a car into the screen in the garage,

Some of the stages are incredibly short. Takes the game longer to load a stage than to complete it.

If you don't like this one, you'll probably like 2 even less.

You don't have to wait for the cars to load in the garage.
Just shell through those screens to wherever you wanted to go.

As far as stage loading goes, they're a bit slow, but worth every second to me, compared to everything else out there, except RBR.
By comparison, I find most of the stages in Dirt 3 much shorter, with slightly less loading time.
The load time to race time ratio seems higher on Dirt 3 than this game, to me.
If stupidity were a religion...you'd be the Pope.

supercammando
6 years ago#3
ARC_NoOne posted...
supercammando posted...
From loading a car into the screen in the garage,

If you don't like this one, you'll probably like 2 even less.

You don't have to wait for the cars to load in the garage.
Just shell through those screens to wherever you wanted to go.

As far as stage loading goes, they're a bit slow, but worth every second to me, compared to everything else out there, except RBR.
By comparison, I find most of the stages in Dirt 3 much shorter, with slightly less loading time.
The load time to race time ratio seems higher on Dirt 3 than this game, to me.

Not sure I follow.. why would I like WRC 2 less?
No waiting for cars to load in the garage is a huge PLUS.
I don't care about a fancy menu. Simpler/less flashy menu the better.

I agree, Dirt 3 tracks are WAY too short. I've been playing (and STILL play) Dirt 2. The tracks in Dirt 3 are a lot shorter in comparison to Dirt 2. I quit playing Dirt 3 after my first 2 hours with it. Horrible game overall. Dirt 2 is WAY BETTER.

I think some of the tracks in WRC 3 are way too short. Load times for some of the tracks seem longer than the time it takes to complete the track. Anyways, I see WRC 2 price just dropped. Gonna give it a whirl.

Have you had any other issues with WRC 3? It's locked up my PS3 twice already. And the game get's into a funky state during Road To Glory, especially after modifying a car.... they eventually fail to load in the garage. NONE of my other PS3 games have locked up my PS3 this much. And overall, the load times in WRC just suck. I actually think the game runs smoother on Vita.
Pay to play (after you've paid) = greed. Games without user profiles, stats and scoreboards = lazy producers, bad design choices.

User Info: ARC_NoOne

ARC_NoOne
6 years ago#4
supercammando posted...
I actually think the game runs smoother on Vita.

They made a big jump in the physics and steering wheel implementation between 2 and 3, which are the two biggest things that affect my enjoyment of a game.
It may not bother you as much as it did me though.
With a steering wheel, WRC2 felt like the cars were constantly driving through mud, to me.
It's a good game, and worth buying.
I am just more satisfied overall with WRC3, due to the improvements they made to it.

The cars loading loading in the garage isn't an issue for me because I don't ever wait for it.
I just click through, and do whatever I was going to do.
I've only had one lockup during the 5 months I've owned the game, and I'm about 70% done with it.
I know Myself9 had some issues with the PS3 version as well.
I think that may either be a model specific thing, or something related to network speed, like the GT5 lockups.
I've got my PS3 hooked to my cable modem alongside my router, rather than through it, so my connection is much better than it would be otherwise.

As far as the game running better on Vita, that's entirely possible.
The Vita isn't RAM-choked like the PS3, and benefits from its smaller screen because that keeps the games from having to anti-alias (at all, or as much), and allows the game to run lower textures without any noticeable loss of clarity.
If stupidity were a religion...you'd be the Pope.

supercammando
6 years ago#5
ARC_NoOne posted...
supercammando posted...
I actually think the game runs smoother on Vita.

They made a big jump in the physics and steering wheel implementation between 2 and 3, which are the two biggest things that affect my enjoyment of a game.
It may not bother you as much as it did me though.
With a steering wheel, WRC2 felt like the cars were constantly driving through mud, to me.
It's a good game, and worth buying.
I am just more satisfied overall with WRC3, due to the improvements they made to it.

The cars loading loading in the garage isn't an issue for me because I don't ever wait for it.
I just click through, and do whatever I was going to do.
I've only had one lockup during the 5 months I've owned the game, and I'm about 70% done with it.
I know Myself9 had some issues with the PS3 version as well.
I think that may either be a model specific thing, or something related to network speed, like the GT5 lockups.
I've got my PS3 hooked to my cable modem alongside my router, rather than through it, so my connection is much better than it would be otherwise.

As far as the game running better on Vita, that's entirely possible.
The Vita isn't RAM-choked like the PS3, and benefits from its smaller screen because that keeps the games from having to anti-alias (at all, or as much), and allows the game to run lower textures without any noticeable loss of clarity.

hmmm, I don't use a wheel so I won't miss any wheel-related issues going back to WRC 2. My PS3 is connected to router as well, next to modem, nothing wireless.
  1. Boards
  2. WRC 3: FIA World Rally Championship
  3. This game has issues... I prefer Dirt 2.
  • Topic Archived