• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. WRC 3: FIA World Rally Championship
  3. Will is game work on usa ps3/TV's???

User Info: supercammando

supercammando
6 years ago#1
I read a mssg where someone stated this game will be officially released in the usa in 2013. All copies I see on Ebay state "region free" BUT they come from the UK. I thought these are PAL versions and won't work on usa TV's.
Pay to play (after you've paid) = greed. Games without user profiles, stats and scoreboards = lazy producers, bad design choices.

User Info: ARC_NoOne

ARC_NoOne
6 years ago#2
supercammando posted...
I thought these are PAL versions and won't work on usa TV's.

The region-free PS3 stuff works fine.
I've imported the entire series for PS3.
If stupidity were a religion...you'd be the Pope.

supercammando
6 years ago#3
Can you get any DLC or do you have to connect to the EU PSN store? I heard this is nearly impossible to do on Vita.

So.... Which is the best?

I heard 3 improved the physics but the career mode is watered down, not as detailed, no choosing sponsors, no managing your team, like in 2.

I've heard great things about 2 BUT did 3 ADD any more cars, courses?

I played the first WRC on PSP and loved it. I ordered an import of WRC 3 for Vita. So I could order an import version of 2 or 3 for PS3 but I heard 3 is gonna be released in North America soon.

Should I order 2 for PS3 or wait for 3 to come out?

Now I'm playing Dirt 2 on PS3 which isn't bad. WRC The Game on iOS is pretty good as well but it crashes a lot.

Thanks for the info
Pay to play (after you've paid) = greed. Games without user profiles, stats and scoreboards = lazy producers, bad design choices.

ARC_NoOne
6 years ago#4
supercammando posted...
I heard 3 improved the physics but the career mode is watered down, not as detailed, no choosing sponsors, no managing your team, like in 2.

I don't know about the DLC.
Mine came with the pre-order Mini, but I never tried to redeem it because I assumed it was an EU-only code.

WRC3 is a huge improvement over 1 and 2 in almost every way, and basically includes all the content from 2, so I'd skip 2 if you don't have it yet.
You can choose sponsors in 3, but there's no reward for doing so anymore, just the pictures on your car.
The team management is out, but they replaced it with an "earn stars to unlock stuff" system.
That's about all the team management and sponsors did in 1 & 2 anyway.
You'd tell your guy to get you an upgrade, and awhile later he'd finally get it for you.
You'd tell your other guy to get you a sponsor, and he'd come back with offers.

If you're playing with a wheel, 3 is a night and day improvement over 1 & 2.
3 also added Monte Carlo, and several cars.

I only have a few complaints about the game.
First, there are many car classes that can't be used online.
Second, they kept the sticky dirt, where your car slows down if you leave the ideal racing line, even if the terrain you're going over doesn't warrant a slowdown.
And lastly, there are a few car classes that the gearing just sucks on.
The car will be slapping off the rev limiter in 1st, but if you shift to 2nd it bogs down horribly, and takes forever to get any power down.
2WD Rookie is one of the classes that does this, and it the first race out of the gate in career mode.

User Info: FSgamer

FSgamer
6 years ago#5
supercammando posted...
Can you get any DLC or do you have to connect to the EU PSN store? I heard this is nearly impossible to do on Vita.

For WRC2's DLC I made a UK PSN account and used that one to download the DLC tracks, then switched to my main account to play the game. That's for PS3, not sure how it works for Vita, though.

supercammando posted...
So I could order an import version of 2 or 3 for PS3 but I heard 3 is gonna be released in North America soon.

I highly doubt WRC3 will be released in USA, there's nothing about a US release on the game's official webpage.
FSgamer aka FS7 - www.youtube.com/user/FS7kills
Cheap Tactics for the Win

ARC_NoOne
6 years ago#6
I highly doubt WRC3 will be released in USA, there's nothing about a US release on the game's official webpage.

The only hint that they are considering a North American release is the email I got from them, and reposted here.
Whether it all works out remains to be seen.

supercammando
6 years ago#7
I got this response from PQube.... when I asked if they knew about a US release. I'm asked these guys (whose name is on the box) and also sent email to developer but they haven't responded. I think the answer is NO USA release. I'm gonna order the EU copy.

We are only the distributor. We are not aware of the developers plans for a US release.
Best regards,
Kevin.
Kevin Hutchinson.
Global Sales Director
PQube Limited
www.pqube.co.uk

supercammando
6 years ago#8
ARC_NoOne posted...
supercammando posted...

I don't know about the DLC.
Mine came with the pre-order Mini, but I never tried to redeem it because I assumed it was an EU-only code.

WRC3 is a huge improvement over 1 and 2 in almost every way, and basically includes all the content from 2, so I'd skip 2 if you don't have it yet.
You can choose sponsors in 3, but there's no reward for doing so anymore, just the pictures on your car.
The team management is out, but they replaced it with an "earn stars to unlock stuff" system.
That's about all the team management and sponsors did in 1 & 2 anyway.
You'd tell your guy to get you an upgrade, and awhile later he'd finally get it for you.
You'd tell your other guy to get you a sponsor, and he'd come back with offers.

If you're playing with a wheel, 3 is a night and day improvement over 1 & 2.
3 also added Monte Carlo, and several cars.

I only have a few complaints about the game.
First, there are many car classes that can't be used online.
Second, they kept the sticky dirt, where your car slows down if you leave the ideal racing line, even if the terrain you're going over doesn't warrant a slowdown.
And lastly, there are a few car classes that the gearing just sucks on.
The car will be slapping off the rev limiter in 1st, but if you shift to 2nd it bogs down horribly, and takes forever to get any power down.
2WD Rookie is one of the classes that does this, and it the first race out of the gate in career mode.

Well, thanks for your input.. I bought it, and well, see my other posts. I've already ordered WRC 2. WRC 3 is buggy on my PS3. The load times suck. Menu navigation is sluggish. Once the race begins it's all good and fun but cripes, I expected something more polished.
  1. Boards
  2. WRC 3: FIA World Rally Championship
  3. Will is game work on usa ps3/TV's???
  • Topic Archived