• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: ARC_NoOne

ARC_NoOne
6 years ago#1
I fired off a support request to Milestone about this.
I'll post the response here when I get it.
Hold My Beer....And Watch THIS!!!

ARC_NoOne
6 years ago#2
I haven't heard from them on this.
It's a good thing I "posted my question in English to speed up the reply".

User Info: GreenMan1986

GreenMan1986
6 years ago#3
How are you liking the game so far?

I never liked using the map. I prefer the direction symbols or just relying on my co-driver (though on a few stages he makes bad calls). Also I hear the co-drivers calls the quickest ahead of time but sometimes it's still not quick enough :/

ARC_NoOne
6 years ago#4
GreenMan1986 posted...
How are you liking the game so far?

It's my 2nd favorite racing game ever, behind Richard Burns Rally.
It's got much better steering wheel support than the first two versions, but the physics themselves still aren't quite on par with RBR.
I especially hate the sticky grass.

I don't actually use the map, or the direction symbols.
I fired that email off because other people were telling me their map disappeared.
I hadn't personally noticed it because I never use it.

The timing for the co-driver pace notes is adjustable.
I haven't had much trouble with him calling stuff late.
I do occasionally have problems sorting the data he gives, when he gives too many commands at once.
We have a running joke that I give up and just add them all together, so a "3 Right/2 Left" becomes a "5 Left", which sends me straight through the big dip the 3/2 was supposed to avoid.

GreenMan1986
6 years ago#5
I've played WRC 2010, WRC 3, and DiRT 1-3 this gen. I still think that Colin McRae Rally 2005 does everything better than these games:

-Time-of-day options for all stages
-Weather changes for all stages
-More varied stages per country (you can tell in WRC 3 that the stages are all connected, usually taking off 1-2 sections of a stage and added different parts from another stage to make a new stage)
-Atmosphere. DiRT 1 also had great atmosphere. Besides the UK, Sweden, and Monte Carlo, all the other countries in WRC 3 have all the same weather (ie. bright and sunny).

I don't understand why this generation lacks the features of last gen. There are not even any full rallies in the WRC 3 career mode, or multiple country rallies where you only have one set-up. You can't even change tire types!

The physics are ok but not great. The smooth roads are more slippery than the rough roads and the gravel has the best grip, all of which doesn't make sense.

It's my favourite rally game this gen, but with all it's faults and little replay value that's not saying much. And I still can't get the multiplayer to work on my PC through GameSpy. I played multi in WRC 2010 on the PS3 and had a blast. Was surprised too at how long the community lasted (mainly EU players).

ARC_NoOne
6 years ago#6
GreenMan1986 posted...
I've played WRC 2010, WRC 3, and DiRT 1-3 this gen. I still think that Colin McRae Rally 2005 does everything better than these games:

CMR05 crashes regularly on my PC, or I'd include it in the mix.
Hopefully my new one will run it again.

The reason the new games don't have the features of the old ones is that the new gen of players don't want that level of challenge.
They want everything handed to them.
There's a bunch of people complaining that the rally in Horizon is too difficult because it's so narrow and bumpy.
A three-car-wide road is not narrow, and the "bumpy" is hilarious after playing WRC3 and RBR so much lately.

I did almost an entire stage with the throttle floored yesterday in Horizon.
Pretty much every time I floor the throttle in RBR, the car immediately crashes.

User Info: FSgamer

FSgamer
6 years ago#7
GreenMan1986 posted...
I've played WRC 2010, WRC 3, and DiRT 1-3 this gen. I still think that Colin McRae Rally 2005 does everything better than these games.

CMR2005 was a great game, definitely better than Dirt 3 imo, but WRC4 is my favorite rally game on the PS2 though.

ARC_NoOne posted...
CMR05 crashes regularly on my PC, or I'd include it in the mix.
Hopefully my new one will run it again.

I play CMR2005 on PS2, I've never had any problems, I'm pretty sure you could find PS2/Xbox version pretty cheap these days.

ARC_NoOne posted...
The reason the new games don't have the features of the old ones is that the new gen of players don't want that level of challenge.
They want everything handed to them.
There's a bunch of people complaining that the rally in Horizon is too difficult because it's so narrow and bumpy.
A three-car-wide road is not narrow, and the "bumpy" is hilarious after playing WRC3 and RBR so much lately.

I saw some videos of the rally stages in Horizon, if people think those stages are too narrow they should take a look at the Sweden stages or some of the bridges in WRC2, or New Zealand stages in WRC1.
FSgamer aka FS7 - www.youtube.com/user/FS7kills
Cheap Tactics for the Win

ARC_NoOne
6 years ago#8
FSgamer posted...
I saw some videos of the rally stages in Horizon, if people think those stages are too narrow they should take a look at the Sweden stages or some of the bridges in WRC2, or New Zealand stages in WRC1.

That's pretty much what I keep saying.
If there aren't spots during a race where you're seriously wondering if your car is actually going to fit through, the track is not tight enough yet.

One of my all-time favorites was in WRC2 in France.
You come around a corner just outside of a little town, and have to get lined up to pass through a little archway that's not much wider than your car.
Any misalignment, and you get all kinds of stuck.

GreenMan1986
6 years ago#9
I find Greece, Italy, and Argentina to have the most narrow stages in this game.

Argentina is a bit wider but there are rocks all over the place :)

But I would still prefer even narrower stages with trees whose branches spread out over the track and more steep hills.

ARC_NoOne
6 years ago#10
GreenMan1986 posted...
Argentina is a bit wider but there are rocks all over the place :)

I keep joking that nobody in Argentina owns a backhoe.
  • Topic Archived