• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: cloudmd23

cloudmd23
6 years ago#1
I'm squaring off against what I think is the final boss and I'm getting absolutely crushed. It has 999 health which takes forever to whittle down, does 100-150 damage to each of my units, and always gets the first turn. Does anybody have any tips? Suggested levels, gear, etc?

User Info: holyknight14

holyknight14
6 years ago#2
This is what I did, I think I was around level 32 using Claude, Yuri, Olivia, Morgan and Marlene. Dispatch any character and Morgan at the start. Have the character head north east and park it there. While that's happening, have Morgan run north and then towards the top of the screen and keep heading east. Occupy friendly points and destroy everything enemy controlled along the way. Even if you haven't been levelling him, he can zoom right through forests and away from anyone who might be chasing him.

Get another two units out ASAP and send them in the same general direction as the first unit. Make use of Skull Demon to buy a little time so Morgan can take over enemy strategy points and whittle the number of units that can be out at once. It shouldn't be too hard to take out the boss once it's just him roaming around. Make sure you keep chaining attacks since each of his strikes hits hard. Save Wind Spirit for as long as possible by having your team take turns engaging him. As annoying as it is, dodging his roaming circles is pretty important.

Worst comes to worst, grind your team until you have 10 adequately levelled and equipped characters and you can keep zerging until you win.

User Info: cloudmd23

cloudmd23
6 years ago#3
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

User Info: TiamatNM

TiamatNM
6 years ago#4
Marlon is another option for getting through the forests quickly if you'd rather use him

User Info: jada99x

jada99x
6 years ago#5
I found that the easiest way to deal with this boss even with characters as low as level 25 is to first and foremost use Claude. Having him present on the field will draw the boss to him atleast for me all the times I've found that boss she chased after Claude. Second is equip Yuri with any of the end game armors that always grant first attack and equip your other characters with armors that increase stun chance. Have Yuri be your primary attacker and take out all the enemy forces until they have nothing left to deploy. Her special two unique abilities allows her to sustain herself. Once you are on the boss have Yuri be the attack chain initiator so she can create healing circles to help mitigate some of the damage until you can summon Steel God. Try to save your healing summon for as long as you can mainly the second portion of the fight when you don't have to worry about her troops trying to steal map points. As long as you keep Claude away off to a corner while she chase him when she starts her map attack your other characters should be so far that they can easily avoid them. When shes by herself it should be relatively simple.

TiamatNM
6 years ago#6
notice that holyknight is saying "him" and jada is saying "her"

pretty sure the final boss changes based on the choice you make in chapter 6. I got the male boss (picked the 1st choice). doing hard mode now gonna pick the other one

jada99x
6 years ago#7
I wasn't aware you get a different boss I guess that's why I never found the rose others were talking about but I did see the final boss wearing a very high atk scythe.

TiamatNM
6 years ago#8
I didn't get a rose either so I don't know what's up with that. I'd certainly like to have a +50 sword...the regular upgrades seem to cap at +30 (tho at this time I only have one +30 wep.)

jada99x
6 years ago#9
The best place to farm AP quickly is Episode 15: The Visitor Wet With Cold Ash - Stage 4-1
free battle because it is the only free battle I've come across that has 25 enemy troops in their base. It's also incredible for getting a character fast levels also. I have about 1/2 my characters with max upgraded weapons and most of the AP came from that stage when I was gathering the 50 carrots for the summon. I have a pretty detailed notes of every episode of the event points and the item rewards and going over it again and so far I've discovered items I didn't get from event points with different dialog for my second time around.

TiamatNM
6 years ago#10
Cool. Are you working on a FAQ? I'm in chapter 3 hard mode atm and need demon bunny anyway so I'll try some grinding there. 5 of my characters are double the level of the other 5 lol. Be nice to have some decent backup for if things go bad
  • Topic Archived