• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection
  3. Getting Bored Of This Already...

User Info: holyknight14

holyknight14
6 years ago#11
I can't believe Gungnir ended the way it did. The game wasted so much time retelling the same story only to end with so much stuff left up in the air. The only other game I actually felt robbed on as far as story closure was Crimson Gem Saga. However, that game was terrible, so I got over it. Gungnir I still feel cheated on.

User Info: TiamatNM

TiamatNM
6 years ago#12
The gameplay and graphics in Gungnir are good it's just the story is URGHHHHHHHHHH. There are so many signs that the game was rushed and they just couldn't do everything they wanted. I'll never forget that one NPC at the ice stage who seems to know Guilo or something and then you never see her/him ever again.

Has anyone ever seen confirmation on whether Sting is working with only idea factory now or are they still working with atlus as well?

User Info: Runespear

Runespear
6 years ago#13
jada99x posted...
I think it's a great game. Sure I would of love for it to have more content but for the budget they probably had to work with it came out great overall for the price.

Yeah, personally it's my favorite Sting game so far. It may be linear and lacking in character options, but its systems more than make up for it and if teels like a complete game.

User Info: DragonSamurai

DragonSamurai
6 years ago#14
holyknight14 posted...
I can't believe Gungnir ended the way it did. The game wasted so much time retelling the same story only to end with so much stuff left up in the air. The only other game I actually felt robbed on as far as story closure was Crimson Gem Saga. However, that game was terrible, so I got over it. Gungnir I still feel cheated on.

Except Crimson Gem Saga wasn't that bad. It just needs a sequel to continue its story.
"You're turning into a real human being. You're beginning to confuse generosity with stupidity." Odd to Aelita (Code Lyoko)

User Info: achmed1974

achmed1974
6 years ago#15
DragonSamurai posted...
holyknight14 posted...

Except Crimson Gem Saga wasn't that bad. It just needs a sequel to continue its story.

Most found the game bad because the broken skills that destroy all semblance of challenge moreso than the lack of resolution wit the story. It was clearly written for another game but bad sales ended that idea.

User Info: DragonSamurai

DragonSamurai
6 years ago#16
I know it's a technical sequel to Astonishia Story, which failed miserably on all counts, but I'm really curious just where the plot is going to go from here. I would just like to see some closure to the story at this point. I know bad sales doom a game that has an unanswered ending, but it's really not fair for those of us who did enjoy playing it.

A similar fate befell Mimana Iyar Chronicle and I'm disappointed that we won't get to see the next chapter of the game (the total story is five chapters long) because the game failed to get anyone's attention (likely due to its shoddy battle system). Once again, I think that sucks because I'm curious where the story is going next and there were obviously a ton of unanswered questions for me.
"You're turning into a real human being. You're beginning to confuse generosity with stupidity." Odd to Aelita (Code Lyoko)

User Info: achmed1974

achmed1974
6 years ago#17
Unfortunately there are quite a few rpg series without resolutions to the plot. A few that come to mind for me that are frustrating personally are the Ogre Battle episodes, Xenosaga and Suikoden. That's the risk for developers who design games with plots that are part of a bigger story.
  1. Boards
  2. Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection
  3. Getting Bored Of This Already...
  • Topic Archived