• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection
  3. Getting Bored Of This Already...

User Info: defunct32

defunct32
6 years ago#1
I'm about halfway through and I get the same feeling I had when I played Gungnir... Damn.

User Info: holyknight14

holyknight14
6 years ago#2
The second half of the game was way better for me at least. I felt like the first half just dragged on and on.

User Info: filanimetor

filanimetor
6 years ago#3
Well, the game really lack in the character customization department, you can only upgrade their weapons and that's it. The battles are also very repetitive. Your win/lose condition is the same from beginning to up to the end.
Video games ruined my life.
Good thing I have two extra lives. XD

defunct32
6 years ago#4
I hate it when a game has infinite potential w/ nice aesthetics but then got wasted on being too simplistic. Gungnir could be an SPRG that will kick a lot of ass if done right for example, I love STING's arts/character design, so lovely; the only thing that kept me going.

User Info: achmed1974

achmed1974
6 years ago#5
Sting has always made games with alot of ambition that seem to always leave you wanting somethng. Whether its underveloped characters and plot or in this game very light customization and content. I am sure alot has to do with budget as it was for Gungnir according to developer interviews. This game lacks the replay value and a litte skimpy on content but for the price you paid its not a bad game. I certainly would of felt cheated if I paid $40 like Japan does for their PSP releases.

User Info: natarle

natarle
6 years ago#6
i was looking at the game , and looking at the artwork and game pictures , it looks boring , so i did not get it.
I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE
GT- ShinnZeta PSN-BIGBOSSGUNDAM fc 0347 6354 5762

defunct32
6 years ago#7
achmed1974 posted...
Sting has always made games with alot of ambition that seem to always leave you wanting somethng. Whether its underveloped characters and plot or in this game very light customization and content. I am sure alot has to do with budget as it was for Gungnir according to developer interviews. This game lacks the replay value and a litte skimpy on content but for the price you paid its not a bad game. I certainly would of felt cheated if I paid $40 like Japan does for their PSP releases.

Agree with you completely, I find that Knights in the Nightmare is the best in my opinion along w/ Yggdra Union and Riviera! But I'm bored to death playing them over and over.

natarle posted...
i was looking at the game , and looking at the artwork and game pictures , it looks boring , so i did not get it.

You should grab it, I mean, true I got bored w/ it like halfway through but I realized it's only because I've been playing it all the time, it's more of a pick up and put down kind of game. You should view YouTube videos to get a general feel of the game.

User Info: jada99x

jada99x
6 years ago#8
I think it's a great game. Sure I would of love for it to have more content but for the budget they probably had to work with it came out great overall for the price.

User Info: TiamatNM

TiamatNM
6 years ago#9
At least this game actually feels finished even if low budget. Gungnir feels like half a game

User Info: achmed1974

achmed1974
6 years ago#10
Because Gungnir's plot was cut considerably due to budget. The whole Asgard subplot and abrupt openended ending wasn't part of their vision for the game. Its always possible they revisit the game with a sequel but wouldn't count on it.

Personally thought with the merger for this game it would mean they'd have a little more money for this. Its always possible the team wanted to make a game that was more accessible to a bigger audience to gain new fans for their games. Let's face it a traditional Sting and Idea Factory scares away alot of people. And maybe they were feeling each other out creatively as well and wanted to start with something less ambitiuous. I expect the next Super Sting game to be more what we have come to expect.
  1. Boards
  2. Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection
  3. Getting Bored Of This Already...
  • Topic Archived