• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: darkparodius

darkparodius
6 years ago#1
Topic. Anything that is too plot specific I'm under embargo not to reveal.

Expect me to have a review up on release date. Hopefully by then GameFAQs will have me approved as a review contributor.

User Info: TiamatNM

TiamatNM
6 years ago#2
roughly how long does the game take to clear? are there multiple endings?

User Info: DuFuq

DuFuq
6 years ago#3
Are there secret characters and can you get all of them in one playthrough?

Is there a new game+?

darkparodius
6 years ago#4
So far the only real secrets I've seen have been a number of small events where you trade up from a steel screw all the way up to the steel god summon. These events appear by just scanning through the maps on foot (you can do this on free battle).

After about four and a half hours (including doing a number of free battles), I'm mostly done with chapter 3. If it's true that the game is only about 30 missions long, I'm well over a third complete.

No story options, no towns, no maps, no going back to previous maps. Hopefully this changes later on.

User Info: achmed1974

achmed1974
6 years ago#5
My questions are mostly aethetics.

1) How is the music in this game? And is there a wide variety of battle tracks so its not noticely repetitive?

2)Is there much or any slowdown or load time issues with animations and special effects? The first one on the PSP was notoriously bad unless you played it off a memory stick digitally.

And just a couple quick gameplay related questions

1) How is difficulty? Is it easily broken, frustratingly hard or did it find a sweet spot for beginners and hardcore vets? And is there any post game content or extensive optional content in terms of dungeons and hidden characters?

Thanks.

darkparodius
6 years ago#6
achmed1974 posted...
My questions are mostly aethetics.

1) How is the music in this game? And is there a wide variety of battle tracks so its not noticely repetitive?
The music during events is largely melancholic and sad by nature, given the story. On the other hand, battles use a lot of piano and high-tempo marching style songs. just what you'd expect from a tactical game

2)Is there much or any slowdown or load time issues with animations and special effects? The first one on the PSP was notoriously bad unless you played it off a memory stick digitally.
No slowdown, but I'm playing on a digital copy of the game off the PSN. Sometimes it takes a second or two for troops to start moving after an attack but that helps out with switching tactics/paths on the fly. My only complaint is how long you have to sit through the summon animation (which you can disable)

And just a couple quick gameplay related questions

1) How is difficulty? Is it easily broken, frustratingly hard or did it find a sweet spot for beginners and hardcore vets? And is there any post game content or extensive optional content in terms of dungeons and hidden characters?
I've felt the game has largely been on the easy side. I'm sure this'll be a nice break from those people that were lucky enough to score a copy of fire emblem last week.
So far I've seen ZERO optional content aside from that hidden event line for the steel god summon. The game is so linear that I still haven't had a chance to revisit any of the old maps.

Once I get further in the game, hopefully I'll find some sort of hidden characters

User Info: achmed1974

achmed1974
6 years ago#7
Thanks for the quick response to my questions. Its disappointing that it might lack the meat and potentially replay value of past games. Sounds like from a design standpoint the two companies elected to abandon its hardcore mechanics to take a break and develop something to cater to a wider audience for fans of the genre. Hopefully the story holds as making up for some of the lack of depth in the gameplay.

I forgot to ask but I suspect the answer is no. But is there any references or cameos from characters or past GOC games or is this a clean slate world with no little mentions or such fan service?
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: defunct32

defunct32
6 years ago#10
Any magic, skills or abilities we can use?
  • Topic Archived