• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Datura
  3. 15 minutes is and I want my money back.

User Info: KingTrode

KingTrode
7 years ago#1
I don't know if playing Datura is better with a Move controller but I've found the controls terrible, sloppy, and un-intuitive.

The graphics are unimpressive, the gameplay (so far) is lacking.

Sony needs to implement a "I didn't like this game, I want a refund!" button.

EDIT: Title typo. Should have read "in", not "is".

User Info: loc182

loc182
7 years ago#2
I agree regarding the controls. They are just not good for the Dual Shock 3 and the SIXAXIS scenes can quickly become unplayable.

I am glad they gave the option of a real controller, but they could have done a much better job.

The graphics should be more consistent. I think the forest looks nice, although you can tell that billboards are used around its edges. But some of the other scenes just look off.

As the world moves to more and more online exclusives every game needs a demo or some sort.
Anyone can shoot a gun. But can you steer a bullet?
Rage Racer. Real. Fast. - Rage Racer ad slogan

User Info: fisheye11

fisheye11
7 years ago#3
i agree that the sixaxis did not get fair treatment for this game. but the only problem i really had was the driving part. i had my controler upside down to stear right. so annoying.
PSN: fisheye11
This is more fun than chucking rocks at signs!

User Info: loc182

loc182
7 years ago#4
Did you happen to play the "war" segment? I couldn't get the SIXAXIS controls to aim up or down reliably... Very weird too, why force SIXAXIS in that scene when normal controls were used for the shooting gallery???
Anyone can shoot a gun. But can you steer a bullet?
Rage Racer. Real. Fast. - Rage Racer ad slogan

User Info: Raven_Cyarm

Raven_Cyarm
7 years ago#5
KingTrode posted...
I don't know if playing Datura is better with a Move controller but I've found the controls terrible, sloppy, and un-intuitive.

ITP: I didn't do any research on what interactive art is... expected full blown amazing graphics on a PSN game... didn't use the recommended control... and I'm over entitled to everything.
#AntiSmark
http://www.youtube.com/RavenCyarm

User Info: wis

wis
7 years ago#6
The control is literally BROKEN even with the Move.
I can't believe they could get away with these horrible control choices.
I'd like to play though it another time but the hellish controls are keeping me away.
flying - A Mirror's Edge Tribute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km28Hx3p8_g

User Info: nakonakonako

nakonakonako
7 years ago#7
Raven_Cyarm posted...
KingTrode posted...

ITP: I didn't do any research on what interactive art is... expected full blown amazing graphics on a PSN game... didn't use the recommended control... and I'm over entitled to everything.

Well, it's only like a 90 minute game dude.

User Info: captainjeff87

captainjeff87
7 years ago#8
I'll agree that the control is a bit awkward in some areas but it's by no means "broken."

Datura is still a damn good game. Just needed to be much longer.

Still better than half the **** that has been released over the past month or two on PSN though. Like I Am Alive. That was $15 and pure garbage. This was $7 with Plus and 100 times better.
PSN: CaptainJeff87 (please say Gfaqs in friend request msg)
  1. Boards
  2. Datura
  3. 15 minutes is and I want my money back.
  • Topic Archived