• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
  3. weapons for my berserker mage?

User Info: demonsean

demonsean
1 year ago#1
I want to do a Berserker Mage solo run through the whole trilogy. I will dual at lv 9. Is it better to go grand mastery in a single weapon or should I do it like a fighter mage multi and only put 2 points in a few different weapons? What is the better fighting style and what weapon type? I am interesting in dual wielding Crom Faeyr and some other weapon but I hear it is not that great?

User Info: atakdoug

atakdoug
1 year ago#2
It's best to choose which weapons you'll be using and get all the pips there first; you accumulate others later. I forget what options are best in BG I but for BG II a good choices for Berkmage are long sword, bastard sword, katana, flail (my favorite), and others for the main; be sure to max out double weapon style too. For the off hand, Belm is a great choice so you'll want at least a pip in short swords. Crom is decent but whether it's your best option depends in part on what your strength will be by the end. This in turn depends in part on what your alignment will be, and other things.

Note that berserker (9)/mage is easy enough to solo that any reasonable choice will work.
(edited 1 year ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
  3. weapons for my berserker mage?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A