Controls for making choices (SPOILERS!)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Walking Dead: Episode 1 - A New Day
  3. Controls for making choices (SPOILERS!)

User Info: GapingMaw

GapingMaw
5 years ago#1
Hi everyone! Please don't read unless you have completed Episiode 1 for fear of spoilers.

I know this is lame of me but when you need to choose between Carley and Doug I cannot figure out how to make my choice. I see the prompt to save one or the other, I can look left or right and see each of them but when i put my cursor on them there are no choices that come up, I wave the cursor around them for a while not being able to do anything and then BAM! I'm dead. huh?

I can't figure out how to physically choose one or the other with the controls. What step am I missing? I know I'm missing something easy, but I've tried 7 or 8 times, I just can't figure out what I'm supposed to do to enact my choice.

User Info: AznRatL

AznRatL
5 years ago#2
Dont knwo about Doug. But for Carly you have to look at her purse on the counter Not Carly herself.
I dont give a F*** about anything, I'm so H*gh I wont Remember It
GT: Mr sinister8

User Info: GapingMaw

GapingMaw
5 years ago#3
Thanks so much! I don't feel so ignorant now, that's answer isn't as intuitive as I thougth it might be. I wonder how long until I would have landed on the purse? Anyway, no biggie for Doug this playthrough, I was trying to choose Carley because she seemed good under pressure and could handle herself really well in a bad situation. Doesn't know much about batteres and radios though ;-)

I guess in the future I have to get used to trying the non-obvious things when making choices or searchign for things. it's like with the pharmacy keys, who knew that the ultimate solution was to go out and find an ax at a motel? I must have spent an hour going back and forth all over the store and office before I gave up and went on the trip to the motel (intending to come back later and see if I could find the keys with fresh eyes).

So far my frst playthrough has been about 4 hours, and about 2 of it was trying to find the keys to the pharmacy and trying to save Carley without dying myself. I love the game though! Completely! I love old point and click adventures. I'm just a bit of a dumbass when it comes to certain puzzles. I used to get stuck on old Sierra adventures for days before finding solutions...in the days when it was harder to find all the answers you needed on the internet.

Thank goodness for the internet, and thank YOU!
  1. Boards
  2. The Walking Dead: Episode 1 - A New Day
  3. Controls for making choices (SPOILERS!)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived