I think Duck will be the first to snap.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Walking Dead: Episode 1 - A New Day
  3. I think Duck will be the first to snap.

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
6 years ago#1
Spoilers

They try to make it seem like he isn't fazed by anything. He's chatting up Clem after the zombie attack like nothing happened and they all almost didn't get killed by horror monsters.

It isn't a "useful trait nowadays" that allows Duck to act like this. It's because he's losing it. Clem sits at the motel lost in deep thought about what happened and is ready for an adult conversation with Lee (understanding the sentimental value of her walkie talkie is irrational). Duck, meanwhile, just can't stop thinking about some cartoon he saw.

The writers are setting us up here. Fans of the comic know that the mental health of children is part of the Walking Dead Universe. Why do you think the game keeps pointing out how you're checking up on Clem? You have to watch for signs that Clem is losing it. Signs like the ones Duck is displaying right now.
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson

User Info: codyallen25

codyallen25
6 years ago#2
I would bet that if anyone snaps, it'll be Kenny. I can just see it now, his wife and son getting eaten in front of him. He'll find someone to blame and become a danger to the group.
The only common factor in all your failures, is you. -- Karakh

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
6 years ago#3
Yeah, it might happen to Ken too but I don't think that'll be until later in the series. I think it's happening right now with Duck though.
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson

User Info: dead_kaiser

dead_kaiser
6 years ago#4
I believe the kid is just stupid.

Even his father says so, when explaining about his nickname.

Look at his eyes and the way he walks. He is clearly... I dunno, b-tard.

User Info: Clique_Killa

Clique_Killa
6 years ago#5
He seemed pretty fazed after getting attacked.
Killa of Cliques

User Info: Xerosnake90

Xerosnake90
6 years ago#6
I'm letting that entire family die first chance I get. Everyone but Kenny, at least.
PSN/360GT: Xerosnake90

User Info: M_de_graaff

M_de_graaff
6 years ago#7
I doubt one of the will snap in the next episode (meaby Lilly), but I do think Kenny and his wife will start doubting your decisions more and more.

In my ending Kenny's wife already expressed her dissapointment in me because I chose Shawn over Duck.

User Info: leon_blade

leon_blade
6 years ago#8
He's gonna go quackers by ep 4

User Info: Evil_the_Nub

Evil_the_Nub
6 years ago#9
dead_kaiser posted...
I believe the kid is just stupid.

Even his father says so, when explaining about his nickname.

Look at his eyes and the way he walks. He is clearly... I dunno, b-tard.

Agreed, I don't think he has any idea what's going on.
There are few problems in life that can't be solved by a hug-happy amnesiac pillbug.

User Info: Tsukasa1891

Tsukasa1891
6 years ago#10
You're looking to much into it. Duck is to stupid to realize the danger he and everyone else is in and that everyone he ever knew is probably dead.
GameFAQs, where the glass is always half empty.
  1. Boards
  2. The Walking Dead: Episode 1 - A New Day
  3. I think Duck will be the first to snap.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived