That girl is gonna die.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: FinzFan4life

FinzFan4life
5 years ago#11
there is not any stricter guide lines, The walking dead creators already said if someone on the staff said the something was going to far then it went in, games don't do stuff like kill children cause it is frowned upon it sounded like Telltale could Give a F*** less even said they was surprised that the ESRB kept it at an M rating although I don't think Clem will die I think Duck has a shot at it.

If they are trying to make you make tough decisions then a cliff hanger at the end game I mean at the very end where you find out Clem has gotten bitten and you have to make the decision to kill her or let her live and if you kill her it will actually show it.
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012

User Info: gadragod

gadragod
5 years ago#12

I'll have to read the comics, but unless if Telltale is going to be the ones who finally open the door to true, real world "maturity," I don't think we'll see any real violence or action in-game. And to just write off Clem, who is a very well-received character, just seems like a big ol' cop-out.

Also, the first Walker killed in the show is a little girl. But just like the one at the middle of Season 2, she's a Walker and is shot in the head. Not blown to bits or eviscerated by Walkers who eventually turn her.

And to clarify, no I don't want to see a child brutalized in any way, I'm just saying that media (other than comics apparently) has some mighty plot armor for those that are 15 and under. I'd be scarred for life if something happened to Clem.

User Info: codyallen25

codyallen25
5 years ago#13
pillerofautumn posted...
Comics are just a different type of media, they can get away with much more. There are more strict guidelines for TV and video games. I doubt you will see a baby getting blown away or a kid getting raped and/or decapitated. At most, you'll likely hear about it, not actually see it or it'll be a "clean" death. Like they did with Sofia in the TV show.

Well based on what you said, if a TV show can have an infected child get killed off by a headshot, a video game should be able to do the same if not worse. I really just wish the boy gets killed off, he is the only one of the survivors that really pisses me off.
The only common factor in all your failures, is you. -- Karakh

User Info: SiLVeR_420

SiLVeR_420
5 years ago#14
codyallen25 posted...
pillerofautumn posted...
Comics are just a different type of media, they can get away with much more. There are more strict guidelines for TV and video games. I doubt you will see a baby getting blown away or a kid getting raped and/or decapitated. At most, you'll likely hear about it, not actually see it or it'll be a "clean" death. Like they did with Sofia in the TV show.

Well based on what you said, if a TV show can have an infected child get killed off by a headshot, a video game should be able to do the same if not worse. I really just wish the boy gets killed off, he is the only one of the survivors that really pisses me off.

Fox would freak out.
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.

User Info: pillerofautumn

pillerofautumn
5 years ago#15

there is not any stricter guide lines,

Yeah there is. They're just not going to show kids being decapitated or raped on television. Especially on cable television. In video games, it's less restrictive, but you're met with heavy resistance if you have kids dying. There's always negatives(like protests and heavier ratings) to doing things like that, so even if they can do it doesn't mean they will.

If you've seen anyone else die on the show, you know the deaths are gruesome. A guy had his intestines ripped apart and they had that front and center on screen. Sofia was bitten off screen, and when she was headshotted, it was at a distance and there wasn't any gore. I believe you didn't even see a hole in her head or anything. Not saying it won't happen, I just seriously doubt it.

And I don't see why you guys hate Duck so much. I thought he was pretty funny. He had me laughing my ass off when he told Shawn to lift with his back. He's a background character anyway, it's not like you hear from him often.

User Info: Sikowitz

Sikowitz
5 years ago#16

I would love to see him kill Rick off and continue with Carl or Michonne. Half the reason I like the comics is the fact that no one is safe.

I believe it was said that Carl is the only character safe from death.
http://i50.tinypic.com/fx5k5.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/nd9a81.jpg

SiLVeR_420
5 years ago#17
pillerofautumn posted...
there is not any stricter guide lines,
Yeah there is. They're just not going to show kids being decapitated or raped on television. Especially on cable television. In video games, it's less restrictive, but you're met with heavy resistance if you have kids dying. There's always negatives(like protests and heavier ratings) to doing things like that, so even if they can do it doesn't mean they will.
If you've seen anyone else die on the show, you know the deaths are gruesome. A guy had his intestines ripped apart and they had that front and center on screen. Sofia was bitten off screen, and when she was headshotted, it was at a distance and there wasn't any gore. I believe you didn't even see a hole in her head or anything. Not saying it won't happen, I just seriously doubt it.

And I don't see why you guys hate Duck so much. I thought he was pretty funny. He had me laughing my ass off when he told Shawn to lift with his back. He's a background character anyway, it's not like you hear from him often.

Duck is the reason why Shawn was killed. Thats most the reason everyone hates him.
Forgive the name.

User Info: pokemonmaster0

pokemonmaster0
5 years ago#18
Sikowitz posted...
I would love to see him kill Rick off and continue with Carl or Michonne. Half the reason I like the comics is the fact that no one is safe.

I don't think so, (However he does clearly favor keeping him alive considering the stuff Carl has survived). Also to the first thing, I doubt he will change character, I think it was a intro letter in vol 1 that mentions his stance on death and I'm fairly sure he also said it's Rick's story and it will go until Rick dies.

SiLVeR_420
5 years ago#19
pokemonmaster0 posted...
Sikowitz posted...

I don't think so, (However he does clearly favor keeping him alive considering the stuff Carl has survived). Also to the first thing, I doubt he will change character, I think it was a intro letter in vol 1 that mentions his stance on death and I'm fairly sure he also said it's Rick's story and it will go until Rick dies.

Kirkman also said he'd continue the story somehow after Ricks eventual death in the series.
Forgive the name.

User Info: HeartlessCharms

HeartlessCharms
5 years ago#20
Hey, Guy with the MAJOR PLOT SPOILER.
I love you. Most people on this board don't bother with spoiler tags but you did.
+1
PSN = Heartlessmac
Xbox Live =

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived