Do I have to play as the black guy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Walking Dead: Episode 1 - A New Day
  3. Do I have to play as the black guy?

User Info: KaizerFree

KaizerFree
6 years ago#11

Oh I know you didn't mean to be racist, since a real racist probably would've put down something really hurt for, than "Do I have to play as a black guy?". My apologize, if I sounded like an ass to you, john_freeman69.

But if we got to play as Rick or the other survivors in his group, then it's probably has to be like an "Alternate universe" or else watching the TV series or playing this game would be kinda pointless. In my opinion, anyway.

User Info: john_freeman69

john_freeman69
6 years ago#12
KaizerFree posted...
Oh I know you didn't mean to be racist, since a real racist probably would've put down something really hurt for, than "Do I have to play as a black guy?". My apologize, if I sounded like an ass to you, john_freeman69.But if we got to play as Rick or the other survivors in his group, then it's probably has to be like an "Alternate universe" or else watching the TV series or playing this game would be kinda pointless. In my opinion, anyway.

Aint no thang, mang.

However, the comics and the show exist with different things going on, with events happening at different times and characters dying sooner or later than they did in the other universe, so I would assume this would do the same thing.

User Info: tairaa1991

tairaa1991
6 years ago#13
legendX66 posted...
KaizerFree posted...
Someone has a problem. I thought today's modern world people don't care what color their characters are, guess I was wrong. Tsk tsk.

you can't fix stupid.

hows that being stupid????? the enviornment some people live in makes them that way....that doesnt make them stupid......
Gamertag-Tairaa91
Psn-Tairaa1991

User Info: john_freeman69

john_freeman69
6 years ago#14
tairaa1991 posted...
legendX66 posted...
KaizerFree posted...
Someone has a problem. I thought today's modern world people don't care what color their characters are, guess I was wrong. Tsk tsk.

you can't fix stupid.

hows that being stupid????? the enviornment some people live in makes them that way....that doesnt make them stupid......

Maybe he was just simply calling me stupid.

User Info: tairaa1991

tairaa1991
6 years ago#15
john_freeman69 posted...
tairaa1991 posted...
legendX66 posted...
KaizerFree posted...

you can't fix stupid.

Maybe he was just simply calling me stupid.

from the way the posts are going, that would mean he was calling you stupid because of you asking if you HAD to play as the black guy, the question SOUNDS a tad racist and there are alot of people who think racists are flat out wrong and stupid, which itself is stupid
for people that say they are tolerant they dont show it =3
Gamertag-Tairaa91
Psn-Tairaa1991

User Info: ReezyKun

ReezyKun
6 years ago#16
my ignore list on gamefaqs is growing stronger everyday.
GT- Nerdy Ryuu /PSN - ryuuuu91
Twitter@Sirryuu

User Info: jolteonsock

jolteonsock
6 years ago#17
john_freeman69 posted...
KaizerFree posted...

Oh, I didn't mean to be racist, I thought I would be playing as someone from the show/comic.

FirelanderX posted...
The game is based on the comics rather then the show.

Rick and glen are from the comics.

T-Dog and Tyreese are black. Each of them is either on the show or comic.
XBL GT: F-apasaurus Rexx (No dash. Gamefaqs just won't let me write the whole thing)

User Info: FinzFan4life

FinzFan4life
6 years ago#18
jolteonsock posted...
john_freeman69 posted...
KaizerFree posted...

Oh, I didn't mean to be racist, I thought I would be playing as someone from the show/comic.

FirelanderX posted...
The game is based on the comics rather then the show.

Rick and glen are from the comics.

T-Dog and Tyreese are black. Each of them is either on the show or comic.

what does that have do with anything, that is like the most pointless post I have ever seen,
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012

User Info: Chuck_Bosworth

Chuck_Bosworth
6 years ago#19
To be fair, a real racist probably wouldn't want to play as Glenn if they weren't Asian, and if it were an Asian racist, they wouldn't want to play as Rick, and especially not Daryl.
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
6 years ago#20
Alot of people get confused that the TV show and the comic are two different intellectual properties.
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
  1. Boards
  2. The Walking Dead: Episode 1 - A New Day
  3. Do I have to play as the black guy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived