• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Walking Dead: Episode 1 - A New Day
  3. Why do so many people including reviewers miss the point of the Radio "puzzle"

User Info: Severspine

Severspine
6 years ago#21
Come to think of it, both sides are really overplayed.

Carley doesn't know how to use batteries or basic technology apparently.

Doug knows every code for every universal remote ever made anywhere.
Why the mods gotta be hatin'? :/

User Info: dead_kaiser

dead_kaiser
6 years ago#22
I sincerely think this 'puzzle' was there to let you know she was AWFUL with electronics, but had a gun. While Doug was good with electronics and didn't have a gun.

User Info: Odenpeth

Odenpeth
6 years ago#23
They should have made the puzzle where you had to open up the back and fix some wires or something. Maybe find some tools instead of batteries. Kind of lame puzzle, but whatever.
http://oi40.tinypic.com/35lyhx2.jpg http://oi46.tinypic.com/hwk748.jpg
http://oi43.tinypic.com/ehn69h.jpg

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
6 years ago#24
It's not a puzzle. This is obvious. It's just something optional like talking to people is optional. It adds depth to the narrative without shoving it down the player's throat.

It's kinda sad professional reviewers feel the need to critique a puzzle that isn't even supposed to be a puzzle.
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson

User Info: Odenpeth

Odenpeth
6 years ago#25
Also there are people that stupid. When I worked at Radioshack they hired someone that only lasted about a week or two, he didn't know how to put batteries in correctly. Not really sure why he applied at Radioshack.
http://oi40.tinypic.com/35lyhx2.jpg http://oi46.tinypic.com/hwk748.jpg
http://oi43.tinypic.com/ehn69h.jpg

User Info: Optimus_Convoy

Optimus_Convoy
6 years ago#26
So am I the only one who saved the batteries for the next episode? I played through once and since fixing the radio didn't seem to help or alter anything I decided to save them on the second time around. Unlike the energy bars, the batteries were in my inventory still at the end of the episode.
"I wrap my rascal two times cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing supermodels" -Master Shake
New Cage EP soon!

User Info: mudelledge

mudelledge
6 years ago#27
^ lol that is smart thinking. Maybe they will be used for a viberator for Lily to chill the **** out.
I don't like anything in the mainstream and they don't like me.~ Bill Hicks

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
6 years ago#28
Nazomi posted...
You cannot possibly argue this ...

I am pretty positive I could hand a 3rd world malnurished African child a radio and a battery and they would figure out what to do within 5 minutes. I would assume 90% would already would know how to operate it but the other 10% would get there in 5 minutes through trial and error.

An absolutely stupid part of the game and it doesn't highlight stress in any way shape or form. Over played Gun/Tech at best


Lol, kid knows not how mental stress can affect you. Severe Mental Stress, such as oh the END OF THE WORLD?
Defeated....and we were told you were the best....

User Info: aRealCoolGuy

aRealCoolGuy
6 years ago#29
Didn't look like stress at all to me.. just that she's dumb.

Someone else said it earlier:
Doug = smart, problem solver, cool under pressure
Carley = good shot, dumb as a rock

User Info: Josh987

Josh987
6 years ago#30
It was funny as hell, but you're all reading way too much into it.
"My physical address is Parts Unknown"
  1. Boards
  2. The Walking Dead: Episode 1 - A New Day
  3. Why do so many people including reviewers miss the point of the Radio "puzzle"
  • Topic Archived