• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SimCity
  3. Word of warning to those who purchased through Amazon

User Info: SoulTrapper

SoulTrapper
8 years ago#1
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3536634&pagenumber=213&perpage=40#post413488508

A word of warning to all of you with Amazon keys. After speaking with Amazon support it seems that every single person who bought a key through Amazon and has contacted Amazon regarding the game, for a refund or not, is at risk for deactivation. EA took all complaints that were passed on to them as chargebacks and is disabling them. Amazon has been trying to get these reactivated but some of the keys (like mine, apparently) were deactivated and cannot be reactivated. The Amazon rep I talked to said she was gong to try to get the key reactivated through EA but couldn't promise that it would work. The only thing should could do at that point is reduce the game price & give me a standard key BUT they've apparently already had this problem and the transition from limited edition to standard edition causes the game servers to freak out.
PSN: El_Coon

User Info: Abiz_

Abiz_
8 years ago#2
Poor amazon...Damn if you do and Damned if you don't.... If this blow backs on them I hope they tell EA to beep off with there next game. Not a EA hater either...Amazon just been very good to there consumers.
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior

User Info: roos1046 Reborn

roos1046 Reborn
8 years ago#3
lol
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.

User Info: darkace77450

darkace77450
8 years ago#4
And EA still doesn't give a ****. Sucks for Amazon, though.

User Info: TreasureHunterG

TreasureHunterG
8 years ago#5
If they deactivate keys from people who didn't get a refund, I don't think it's Amazon's fault. It's all on EA.
T.H.G.

User Info: _Yag_

_Yag_
8 years ago#6
I type using all bold because what I have to say is really important
Archer: "ring ring.....hi planes? yeah, this is blimps.. you win"
Yagyujubei: 75 NIN/MNK/SAM/PLD/BLU Midgardsormr R.I.P

User Info: LordPoncho

LordPoncho
8 years ago#7
So now we're getting butthurt because we want to keep the product they refunded us?

Will you guys ever be content?

"This game is broken! Refund please!"

"Oh, I want the game still but give me my money!"

The simple solution to this would be contacting EA and explaining. This is generally why places don't refund digital products.
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800

User Info: DarkPalestine

DarkPalestine
8 years ago#8
LordPoncho posted...
So now we're getting butthurt because we want to keep the product they refunded us?

Learn to read. OP said ANYONE who contacted Amazon with a complaint, whether it was for a refund or not, has had their key disabled.
Only the intelligent can recognize their own ignorance.

User Info: _Yag_

_Yag_
8 years ago#9
DarkPalestine posted...
LordPoncho posted...

Learn to read. OP said ANYONE who contacted Amazon with a complaint, whether it was for a refund or not, has had their key disabled.

is at risk of having their account deactivated

learn to read you say?
Archer: "ring ring.....hi planes? yeah, this is blimps.. you win"
Yagyujubei: 75 NIN/MNK/SAM/PLD/BLU Midgardsormr R.I.P

User Info: TheJester2

TheJester2
8 years ago#10
_Yag_ posted...
DarkPalestine posted...
LordPoncho posted...

is at risk of having their account deactivated

learn to read you say?

His point still stands. He's not talking about the people who got a refunded, he's talking about the poor saps who submitted a complaint and got their key deactivated.
[This sig was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator for potential sexual innuendo]
PSN: Whsguy
  1. Boards
  2. SimCity
  3. Word of warning to those who purchased through Amazon
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A