• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SimCity
  3. Are you going to buy the new SimCity? Why or why not?

User Info: Kythlyn

Kythlyn
6 years ago#1
Are you going to buy the new SimCity? - Results (131 votes)
I've pre-ordered! I can't wait for it to come out, and nothing will stop me from playing this game!
20.61% (27 votes)
I'm probably going to buy it. (Waiting for reviews, friend's opinions, or another deciding factor.)
33.59% (44 votes)
I'll only buy it if they add certain missing features from SimCity 4.
3.05% (4 votes)
I won't buy it because it's a downgrade. (Non-adjacent small lots, no subways, no terraforming, etc.)
11.45% (15 votes)
I won't buy any game that requires Origin or a game that is always online.
27.48% (36 votes)
Other (Explain in post.)
3.82% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Hey everyone! I've noticed a lot of (very) passionate opinions about the new SimCity on this forum, so I thought I'd set up a poll.

I've got the game pre-ordered because I enjoyed the closed beta and have been looking forward to a new SimCity game for a long time. The new game may not have every feature I'd hope for, but from what I've played, it's very fun.
http://gamerhorizon.com/

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
6 years ago#2
None of the options fit me. I'm definitely getting it, but I haven't preordered yet.
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."

User Info: Kythlyn

Kythlyn
6 years ago#3
Freelance_Wolf posted...
None of the options fit me. I'm definitely getting it, but I haven't preordered yet.

Can't edit the options anymore. I'd put you under option 2 though.
http://gamerhorizon.com/

User Info: Eclypse9810

Eclypse9810
6 years ago#4
However the game turns out, it can't be worse then Simcity 4's constant crashing and broken traffic AI (shortest>fastest, getting stuck in loops in regions) completely ruining otherwise fine cities.

Hell, I feel like a cheater each time I put on NAM, but the game is basically unplayable beyond 100k people without it.
Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
6 years ago#5
I hope it's not like SC4 where you barely had any variety in the buildings. I especially hated seeing a block full of nothing but used car dealerships or the same house all in a row. That's one reason why I enjoyed SCS, despite it not being a main game.
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."

User Info: bluemoogle

bluemoogle
6 years ago#6
I pre-ordered it for $40, which based on the beta, is just about what the game is worth to me. I know I'll easily play it for 40 hours. Either way, it's SimCity, and I was going to buy it sooner or later regardless of what the reviews said.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

User Info: Hunter_mk

Hunter_mk
6 years ago#7
I will buy after seeing the reviews for it, I played the beta and it was fun but I hope the content on the full game is good enough or better than SC3000 at least
Why improve skills when you can buy them

User Info: Darkenings

Darkenings
6 years ago#8
Not buying a single player game always online. I'm not interested in playing Simcity without the option to save or restore my city whenever I want, much less with neighboring screaming kids.
http://hizo-fly.blogspot.com/

User Info: Gastroid

Gastroid
6 years ago#9
I'll wait for it to drop into bargain territory. The whole situation reminds me of Supreme Commander and Supreme Commander 2: I played the first game (and Forged Alliance) obsessively and loved every aspect of its design, but when the casual-oriented sequel came around and utterly destroyed all of the unique gameplay and turned it into a futuristic C&C (so... Starcraft?) I waited on the purchase and picked it up for $2.50 later on.

So yeah, I'll wait on this one and support the developer's decisions on gameplay with the least possible amount of money I can possibly give.
Charlie Ciroid/d
Close Combat Gyroscopic Clip-Point Blades

User Info: whemmy

whemmy
6 years ago#10
Origin = I won't buy it.

I'm not encouraging this, and I'm a big big SimCity fan, I'm waiting this since SC4...
  1. Boards
  2. SimCity
  3. Are you going to buy the new SimCity? Why or why not?
  • Topic Archived