• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: Serious Cat

Serious Cat
1 year ago#31
desuno-to posted...
Mighty-Oregon posted...
Why did they go to the land tokens? Its almost like the cash is useless now, at least when we could purchase land we were using our cash. Now I don't use it for anything.

I think it's clear with the fact it being a craftable shows it's an attempt on getting you to buy doughnuts. It's hard enough to complete the prize track and get "one of everything" without prem characters. Throw in some (relatively) expensive tokens to craft, and you'll be temped to at least get some so you don't miss out on even one of the plots. The time limited nature of the tokens even strengthens the point.

The problem with that is the premium characters come with huge buildings.
I are Serious Cat
This is serious thread

User Info: liontamer

liontamer
1 year ago#32
Serious Cat posted...
Mighty-Oregon posted...
Why did they go to the land tokens? Its almost like the cash is useless now, at least when we could purchase land we were using our cash. Now I don't use it for anything.

My best guess is to cut down on KEM farming, but the problem with that is that land was being used as a money sink as well. No aspirational prizes and no land essentially means no money sink except for XP farming.

What's KEM farming?
http://th3d4ng3rz0n3.blogspot.com/

User Info: desuno-to

desuno-to
1 year ago#33
liontamer posted...
Serious Cat posted...
Mighty-Oregon posted...

My best guess is to cut down on KEM farming, but the problem with that is that land was being used as a money sink as well. No aspirational prizes and no land essentially means no money sink except for XP farming.

What's KEM farming?

Kwik-E-Mart farming. Before they increased the prices on them, simply building TONS of them with the XP generator turned on would skyrocket your experience and net you free doughnuts via leveling up. Lots of people (including myself) used this to finish the homerlayas, which would have taken months otherwise.

Serious Cat
1 year ago#34
liontamer posted...
Serious Cat posted...
Mighty-Oregon posted...

What's KEM farming?

Kwik-E-Mart farming. Turning on the XP Collider and building and then selling Kwik-E-Marts every 4 hours basically gets you all the donuts you need for premium items and then some. (There's a formula out there that's supposed to maximize efficiency, but unless you're buying up land or aspirational prizes, you're probably best just to buy all you can.)

Now that I'm almost all out of land, I'll have to make do with Bloodmobiles.
I are Serious Cat
This is serious thread

User Info: flyincheezweez

flyincheezweez
1 year ago#35
I just wonder why there are so many churches in this update. It’s not like the game was hurting for them to begin with, but we have already gotten 4 more big ones.

User Info: liontamer

liontamer
1 year ago#36
Oh nice - I had been doing bloodmobiles but will switch to KEM if they're a more cost-effective method of obtaining XP.
http://th3d4ng3rz0n3.blogspot.com/

User Info: desuno-to

desuno-to
1 year ago#37
You should check up on which is more efficient. Keep in mind a lot has changed since they raised the prices and it's nowhere as lucrative as it used to be.

Just got Nigel. I love his message when you get him - he bets you'll have trouble fitting his building in your town, which is probably going to hold true for some of us. It's not that it's huge (it's footprint is actually pretty small) but that it's TALL.
To no surprise, he doesn't earn event currency. He does have a cool animated 4hr job though.

User Info: rhombencephalon

rhombencephalon
1 year ago#38
Edit... didn’t read desunto’s comment and guess the spoiler tag is fair.

I also laughed at that when I got it today.
Of course its difficult. Its called a shortcut; if it was easy, it'd just be "The Way."

User Info: rhombencephalon

rhombencephalon
1 year ago#39
I’m a couple hundred away from crafting my last British piece. Then I guess I just wait out the week.
Of course its difficult. Its called a shortcut; if it was easy, it'd just be "The Way."

Serious Cat
1 year ago#40
Giant ferris wheel is a great buy. Good bonus and some premium 4 hour tasks for some characters who otherwise don't have premium tasks that TSTO Addicts didn't notice.
I are Serious Cat
This is serious thread
  • Topic Archived